1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

‘I Should’ve Never Left’: Le’Veon Bell Apologizes to Steelers Fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jul 16, 2023.

1. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

It still just sounds like it isn't possible that Ben, Bell, Brown, and Bryant played together in exactly ONE playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope the lack of appreciation is not pointed towards Me .....just because I don't think He was the best back in the league doesn't mean I didn't appreciate Him.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Bell only played 16 games in a regular season once in His entire career..., and if I'm not mistaken....He didn't play in the playoffs that year.
    He played 62 out of a possible 80 games for us countingthe regular season.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And the dislike comes from him lying and screwing his teammates and he deserves that

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I agree with you on this and just to be clear, I still hate the way Bell acted in the last few years with us....I had enough of Bell after the 2017 season and wanted the Steelers to try to trade him in the 2018 offseason, even before his entire season holdout.But he was still the best RB in the league in the 2014 to 2016 period.....Murray never repeated his 2014 season either before or after 2014

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i know - injuries do SUCK, but ALL TEAMS have them, some worse than others.

Burfict blew us up for a few years, that PUNK.

7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

The league allowed that guy to cheap shot our team and single-handedly hurt our chances in the playoffs by taking Steelers player off the field.

He should have been thrown out of the NFL for the amount of injuries that dude intentionally caused to so many players around the NFL.

I hate that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Burfict never seemed to learn from that...He stayed in the NFL way too long....One of the best things JuJu did with us was to give Burfict a huge blindside hit in 2017, it was a great penalty and worth it even though JuJu was suspended the next game

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The team had legitimate super bowl aspirations and bell ruined it....... there are no make up days or replays..... once it's gone, it's gone....
    Some bridges can't be rebuilt once they're burned down

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So because because He(Murray)didn't repeat the 2014 season didn't count. LoL. That's good to know . LoL. Again You can think whatever You want. It's your life, but He didn't lead in anything... any of those years. Not rushing yards, not overall yards, not tds. So how would He be the best ....besides in just your opinion???

11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Tell you what, I recently watched a Lev highlight video. I swear to God, I don't remember him being that exsplosive. We knew he had that unique running style, but I didn't remember his ability to stick his foot in the ground and explode upfield. I had a great time watching that video.

Here it is: One of the the highlights for me is the run at 2:50. Wow.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

When Bell was at his best, I would be watching games and just be shaking my head at some of the runs. He could make two guys miss with his moves, spin, and then explode through a hole and drag people for an 8-10 yard gain that most backs would have been lucky to get 2-3 yards out of.

I thought he was amazing. He didn't have a great rookie season, but after 5 or 6 seasons for his career he averaged more yards from scrimmage per game than any RB in the history of the NFL. That is the definition of elite.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And now Saquon Barkley is considering the same dumb as idea

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I appreciate his contributions to the team. I thought he was an idiot for leaving $14 million, or whatever it was on the table. It likely was bad advice from his agent. He couldn't recognize it? No one said to him, "Uh, hey Lev, you ever think about changing agents?" I didn't care for the way he carried himself with the whole negotiation process. I get that he likely did some soul searching and that maybe his apology was from the heart. I'm sorry if I view it with some cynicism. Like I said before, if he's sincere, the passage of time will reveal as much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Barkley is a great player, but he will never get that money back if he sits out. He will not pile up any stats sitting on his butt at home. He will be one year older and less attractive to every team after not playing football for an entire season. There is nothing positive about not playing.

Bell is the cautionary tale that has set the bar as the example not to follow. It sucks for him, but it would be a dumb move to sit out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    just pay them all the same.
    it is a team sport.
    FFS

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell...his ship has sailed. His waste of his prime years by not signing a 2nd contract is equivalent to Axl Rose and his waste of the Guns'n Roses band in the 90's...in the Rock'n Roll realm. What a freaking complete waste of talent. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know ....it's pretty dumb, and not forward thinking. The league has decided what the RBs are worth.....it's a salary cap league. If You don't want to play , and make the money they think it's worth then don't, but don't think You will change it. It's not like they aren't spending the money.....they just aren't on Rbs. I don't see how not signing, and not playing will make You MORE MONEY.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And now our own Mr Harris is already flapping his gums

Fortunately they have a noose around his nuts for 3 more seasons if they want him

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I'm getting a mental picture that is making me very uncomfortable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    It's hard to read this article. It dredges up the feeling I had all during that time...this team could/should win Super Bowls. Without the injuries/suspensions and some other bad bounces...Ben might have 4/5 rings and the Pukes would be in our rearview mirror. But alas....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1