1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ticket sites

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by METALMAN_68, May 18, 2023.

1. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Despite my great fear of being cancelled as a member of this board due to improper posting, are there any sites better than others for buying tickets? Now that the schedule has come out, the wife is in a furious search for tickets for our family of three. Don't want to get bamboozled.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I’m not sure Glemm would be happy with this post.

On a side note JEH has had club seats since 1939. If you ask nicely he may give you a few.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    You are overestimating my good nature

Although I do give tickets to kids who otherwise will never have a chance to go

• Like Like x 5
  4. Thiefery

Thiefery Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2019
    i usually buy my sports tickets through tickpick, no hidden fees, price shown is the price you pay. I have a mutual friend who has a few Texans season tickets, he's already invited me to sit with him when they play October 1st.. However since my wife and two daughters are also steelers fans and want to go as well, I'll be on the market for tickets as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I usually just get the non-resale tickets on Ticketmaster.

Yeah it is 500 level, but you aren't overpaying.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Got our Hotel booked! Got our flights Booked. La$ Vega$ here we come!! Still working on a Rental car.

But dang, tickets are expensive!

Can't back out now. Hopefully they go down quite a bit or I'll be wishing for lady luck to come our way.

[​IMG]

My son is 15.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    We're thinking the Thursday night game against New England.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thiefery

Thiefery Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2019
    Have you seen the prices for CFB tickets the past 2 years? It's crazy. I'm looking for lower bowl tickets for UT vs Bama.. $900 is the rate for that right now per ticket. I already reserved/paid for my Hotel rooms in Birmingham and another outside Tuscaloosa (because that town has price gouged the rooms for that weekend).

If those prices don't come down even just a little by the end of July.... :(

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    My niece is an Ohio State grad and I went to Penn State. I thought I’d be a nice guy and buy 4 tickets and 2 rooms in walking distance in State College PA

Once I added up the cost I figured my niece would rather just have the money

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    For sure, If someone has the cash, desire and time then go for it, but even if one has the expendable income there are just times where you say F that, lol. I heard on a talk show this week he foresees the day where streamed events (like the old pay per view) would become more common, that filling a stadium, while visually appealing and exciting, does not bring in the cash flow of the other sources. The point was specific to the number of seats in new stadiums being built, essentially adding 10 or more thousand plus seats, cost to maintain etc, just not have the necessity when there are other more profitable sources of income.

• Like Like x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You just have to know the right people. LoL