1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason Rudolph resigning with Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, May 15, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You love to mention Rudolph played against scrubs, but never mention He was playing with scrubs.
    You also fail to mention only one person got to start with the starters every game, and that was Trubisky.
    Now You tell Me honestly how that was even a fair competition??? You say You know sports ( I believe You do).....You ,and I both know that is not a way for fair competition.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That would be really awesome if they were RBs, and not Qbs.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So tell Me as a Steeler
    5-4-1 record 16tds, and 11 ints....VS... 2-3 record 4tds, and 5ints (this one is the 15th highest Qb cap hit this year, and not in backups). If this was a blind test .....Honestly who would You take????
    Yeah tell Me again how much better He is. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This has nothing to do with KFP. If Ben was still in His prime....You still need the better backup.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you are going to skip right past all the factual errors you made. I'll take that as your acknowledgement that I was right about everything else in my post. Of course, that was already clear, but I'm glad you finally agree.

We have been over this point, too. To use Tomlin's terminology, he was the one varsity guy on the field with a bunch of JV players. He is supposed to dominate in that scenario, and yet, his statistics were still slightly worse than those of Trubisky and Pickett in those games.

I already addressed the fairness issue, too. Your argument is akin to claiming that Benny Snell didn't get a fair shot in competing with Najee Harris for the starting tailback job. If you want to argue that Tomlin had made up his mind that either Trubisky or Pickett would start and that Rudolph would get no shot at the job, that's fair, but who cares? Do you think he didn't know what Rudolph was capable of after coaching him since 2018?

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You also predicted Malik Willis would be drafted Here, and that Lamar Jackson was great. So....:shrug:
    What You Guys like @Steel_Elvis, and other are trying to use My T. Edmunds talk are not thinking about is......Trubisky was let go by not just the team that drafted Him in the 1st round, but another team.., and maybe now this team..so before You use something I said against Me ....You should have thought of that. So 2 teams already had Him ,and said......Yeah .....No thank You. LoL

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why would anybody accept those parameters unless it is to create a false narrative in favor of Rudolph. Tomlin is smarter than that. I'm smarter than that. Steel_Elvis is smarter than that.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can take it as You want. You always have. Again You skip over everything. Tell Me again about How awesome He was in Chicago, and gloss over how terrible He has been here, and how 2 other teams have let Him go bye bye already.

9. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Rudolph isn't a starting quality QB. Neither is Trubiski. Both are average to above average backups though. I don't understand the venom against either of these guys. It seems as though some guys here expect our 3rd string QB to be of pro bowl quality. That just ain't gonna happen.

Signing Rudolph was a good move IMO. We could have a worse #3 QB. My guess is that 31 other teams do have a worse #3.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like You trying to drag someone in to agree with You.....That's like the guy that always turns around to His wife ,and says.....isn't that right honey. LoL. Stand on Your own two feet. We are not talking anywhere but Here. What he did before means nothing here. You keep bringing in a different team....a team that already booted His a$$. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Trubs is the better athlete and will take a few more chances. Rudolph maybe throws a better deep ball and might have a slight edge with the playbook. Both are worth a spot as the number 2. Neither are worth this much discussion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now you are being intentionally misleading. Yes, the Bears gave up on him, but you are mischaracterizing what happened with the Bills. He had no shot to be a starter with Josh Allen in Buffalo. He had the opportunity to be a free agent and chose to leave for the opportunity to compete for a starting job elsewhere. That wasn't the Bills rejecting him as a backup.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So backup Qbs have No meaning???:shrug:
    49ers, Saints, Steelers, Miami, and many others would like to say differently.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. That is misleading. LoL. To whom is this misleading....a fan that just watched football today???? Bear let Him go, Bills let Him go. They either kept Him , or not.....Not....Period. J. Allen could have been hurt, and they needed a backup....yet they let him go.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why win by 20 when I can win by 40? I have proven time and again that I need no help burying you, but why not bring in the well-informed opinions of others to bury you even deeper?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....Yeah You couldn't bury My left hand in quick sand. Just saying something doesn't make it true. Didn't Your folks teach You this.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK.....I'm done arguing...because the Hypocrites on this board that take up pages in arguments.... will talk about how many pages I'm taking up arguing. LoL

18. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Only in the off-season is the 3rd string QB worthy of a 5 page discussion. I can't wait till July when we reach 7 pages discussing who's going to be our backup long snapper.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The book hasn’t been written on Willis yet. I find it amusing that the guy everyone agreed needed to be developed is done after 1 season lol.

Most people outside of Steelers nation feel Jackson is a top QB, thats not the winning argument you think it is.

Trubisky has landed an NFL gig each time he hit free agency, Rudolph had to crawl back to the team he clearly didnt want to play for anymore.

No one is making the argument Trubisky is a good QB but he is better than Rudolph.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

People need to understand that two things can be true.

1.) Kenny will be the guy that will either win or be a major reason in the Steelers winning games; potential Franchise QB.

2.) Mason Rudolph is good enough to keep the team in games for them to win; a quality back up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The basic understanding of most Steeler boards is debate the 2nd or even 3rd string QB ad nauseum. Less popular, but nearly as dramatic is pimping and declaring allegiance to camp 'superstars' who end up getting cut, go to a PS and finally the xfl or usfl. We should have kept that guy, he is gonna be a star! Hey it's a long time until Sept. We gotta gripe about something.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Consise and very true. Mitch the same, though he needs to work on the ints. Back ups need a mature mind set, be ready to enter in an instant, supportive and mentoriing..yet stay silent as a back up is also back ground. You find a guy who can be a part of the team, without being noticed...and can do what you said you ate doing OK.

• Like Like x 1
  23. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Oh, I'm sure it's absolutely important to the Steelers. Just not all that important to me in May. And while we are at it, I would think that the way the team has handled the backup QB situation should tell you all you need to know about who they favor.
    You're my brother from another mother but you seem either unwilling or simply unable to admit that the team thinks more highly of Trubisky than they do of Rudolph.
    Also, let's not act like this horse hasn't been completely beaten to death. There's no new information to present. You can take solace in the fact that if your boy runs on that field, I'll be cheering for him just as loudly as you.

• Like Like x 1
  24. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Oh, I get it. That's the way this works. Just getting bored watching the tennis match. Thought I would do a little light hearted ribbing.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    How do we get the STD like fix without these endless arguments! lmao