1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Broderick Jones

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 27, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If nobody is getting the joke It’s not a very good joke

But I appreciate your attention

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    But we don't all understand humor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    "I tell you my wife and I just don't think alike. She donates money to the homeless and I donate money to the topless!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Still shocked even now personally. Given how much of a thorn the Steelers have been with Bill since he was a young assistant for the then Baltimore Colts. Now, as a Head Coach... he has had the Steelers number sadly. However, even then, I still would have expected some form of resentment given how Chuck Noll used to snack him back in the day. :lolol:

Guess Aaron Rodgers has far more enemies League Wide than I thought! :eek: I do understand this is the Jets and Belichick has tremendous animosity for them but I didn't think to this degree.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Maybe, but I don't think they'd be able to get Rich Eisen to narrate it well after the fact.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody really knows. No need arguing about something Nobody knows forsure. People that wanted Him....love the idea that He was stolen away from the Jets, but You , Me, or Nobody, but the Jets know the truth....., and they wouldn't tell the truth either way. Different teams see different players differently. Don't believe Me....Example: then how the Hell did Baker Mayfield not only go in the 1st round, but the very 1st pick???? Jets may have not wanted Him at that pick...who knows, but it makes some people feel good thinking they did...millions of people believe things every day that aren't true.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We never know what any team really thinks about a player, but we can go with what is most likely. The Jets have a desperate need at left tackle. The position was an absolute disaster for them last season, and now they have to keep their new diva quarterback happy. If you want to convince yourself that they were going to pass on a top-15 talent at a position of desperate need for a lower-rated player at a position they don't need, go for it. The Patriots asking relatively little in the trade also indicates that they knew what the Jets wanted to do, or at least knew what they should do. I will stick with the far more likely possibility, that the Steelers needed to jump ahead of the Jets to get Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I rest My case. Exactly what I was talking about above.
    See I don't want to convince Myself of nothing....because I'm smart enough to know.... I truly don't know.
    I can go with 12 teams every year that "We think" need this ,and that .....Yet they leave guys on the table that so called know-it-alls think they should have taken. Don't believe Me.... another example....Go look at what everyone said Detroit should get...look who was left, and look at what they got. Of course this is a waste of Me writing....because You are one the people I was talking about....You already have it in Your head what You think, and nothing on earth....including the truth will change that. LoL.
    Again only the Jets truly know.

Last edited: May 27, 2023