1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Broderick Jones

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 27, 2023.

1. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Bruh, you cannot seriously be still lobbying in Ben’s defense in this particular situation at this point. Maybe they were both “of age” and a bunch of other stuff, but he had a couple of his goons that night block the LADIES room door from other people entering while a 6’5” 250lb guy is in there with a girl. No matter what did or didn’t happen (and I sure hope it’s mostly the didn’t) it’s a massively horrible look. In this day and age it’s indefensible.

I’ve verbally gone to bat for him regarding the other allegations because there is too little known and what is known bolsters his position. But on the night in GA, he made some wildly bad decisions. That’s just straight shooting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I’m not arguing on Bens behalf. What I’m saying is that when you say someone had sex with an underage girl that means something very specific. Did he make bad decisions? Yep. Did it look bad? Yep. But that doesn’t make him a pedophile, which is having sex with an underaged girl means. Much like carter made some bad decisions that night, but he did not kill his teammate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I never heard the pedo term used. When people maybe referred to underage it seems they were speaking of drinking age specifically.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s at all fair to allude to Carter as “killing” another person. It’s obvious that he was involved in some very bad decision making that resulted in death. Young people often do this stuff, but usually when they have so much tangible stuff on the line in the near future, most listen to all the advice ponded into these guys heads, by coaches, agents and other positive examples around them and keep their nose clean. They stay away…

People like me at that age are in a different frame of mind and aren’t looking at an upcoming draft with millions of dollars on the line and reporters writing articles about you don’t make such considerations. Which compounds his poor decision.

Hopefully it scared him straight. It took Ben a few huge stumbles to mature.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was involved because he was racing them, but he didn't kill anyone. Come on, Brice. Do better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He was 26 years old.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Let's say just for the sake of argument....that She ,and Ben were both consensual in having sex...would His friends blocking the door for their privacy be such a bad thing??? Like hey Me and chick are going to have a quickie....don't let anyone in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why are you playing Devil's advocate for these people? Witness testimony that came out at the time made it very clear that wasn't the case and she was far too drunk to give consent.

8. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    In a public woman’s bathroom at a bar? Yes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    back to B Jones - I called it, he was my man there at the spot we were picking.
    Congrats to Kahn for not wetting the bed, pulling a Colbert and drafting some clown that would have been there in the 3rd round!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

no, most are clueless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have been amused listening to the sour grapes nonsense from Jets fans on local sports talk radio here in New York. They insist that Jones wouldn't play this year, anyway, so the Jets didn't miss out on anything. lol

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well then hang Me....because I've done it, and We both got thrown out of the place laughing about it....in Brookfield IL. So....:shrug:
    Some of You have had a boring life. Just because Your having sex with a girl in a public bathroom doesn't make You a bad Guy....Maybe a bit of a freak, but not a bad Guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    GEEZZZZ people. Enough bashing Colbert. I'm happy so far with what Has been done, but We haven't seen a dang one of them play in the NFL yet. Colbert Has drafted some awesome players, and HOF players.
    Let's see these Guys play at least a game of NFL football before We crown the draft.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never needed to get a woman so drunk she could barely stand and have a 300-pound lineman and an off-duty cop bring her to me and guard the door. The bathroom part isn't what made Roethlisberger a bad guy.

Edit: I'm curious. Why do you think the facts of that case are funny?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    The situations are not the same contextually and have just one similarity that is not consequential.

It’s 2023 - having sex in public places is nothing shocking or even abnormal. Expecting privacy is…. Having goons at the door preventing her friends from checking in on their trashed friend is too.

Your girl, whether she was a girlfriend or some rando obviously was a fun willing participant. The cops weren’t called to investigate. Unless you left that nugget out, but I’m betting against it.

Not knowing if you’re a towering professional athlete and celebrity might also be some differences.

His choices that night weren’t very good. But maybe that’s me incorrectly concluding on some hindsight again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I wasn't there for what Ben did.....So...:shrug:
    I would never take something from a woman that didn't want Me to.....That's the most fun part of the ritual. Getting them to want it. LoL. She was a rando, but became a pretty good friend later.
    Of course all this was many many years ago....now they just say.....get away from Me old guy. LoL

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Classic :lolol:

Thanks Bill!

• Like Like x 3
  18. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Laughable that people think they des
    Really blast? You disagree with the notion that people shout NOT expect privacy in a public bar bathroom for a sexual encounter?

Are you trying to be obtuse? I get ya get in there and take a piss!

And these girls need to go check on their friend who’s hammered and in there with a meat headed stranger who a giant professional specimen and also drunk. Now get out of the way you two big goons!

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You have a real problem with people who have a different opinion than you. You’ve been giving me an attitude for it for a while now. Get over yourself.

Taking Bens situation out of the equation and just answering STD question, no, not a ****ing thing wrong with it. You don’t want someone walking in on you is all. I watched the door from my friends and have had the door watched for me. Not a big deal and doesn’t make you a bad guy. Wouldn’t do it today but in my youth, yeah so what. Dont be a prude.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    When you look at what was done in full context, however, I am certain you didn't do anything close to what Roethlisberger and his boys did that night.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. I knew the girl, nothing remotely like Bens situation.

• Like Like x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Holy f**king time machine! Off season boredom has you guys dusting off some gems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is a great discussion about Broder…. Wait, what are we talking about again?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011

Well, first of all, due to some weird auto correct BS you might have missed there actually was some light hearted humor that was supposed to read more clearly in this post you’re responding about.

Secondly, from my end, I feel like the “attitude” you speak of has been a two way street for quite some time bub.

Third, maybe I’m wrong, but I feel like I’ve agreed with just as much if not the majority of your written Steelers opinions except of course the draft position of one player. Big whoop. Well, and now this apparently.

Fourth and most importantly, obviously you have no idea of the level of my prudence now or in my past. Even a wild man like you and your gatekeeper pals might be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think you are taking it personal the things I’m saying about Washington. It started a week or so back just out of the blue accused me of not wanting to debate and just wanting to be right about everything. I let it go and other things you’ve said until last night. I disagreed with you using the rating system, didn’t even say anything and called me out for it. Really?

I’ve already expressed my feelings about what happened between Ben and that girl, no need to talk about that anymore, my agreeing with STD and disagreeing with you had to do with his specific question.

• Agree Agree x 1