1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Darnell Washington

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dirty, Apr 28, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I pray You are correct, but most of our problems were penalties in the redzone. If that alone is fixed, or corrected.....We shall score way more.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Dotson and Moore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Have a source for that? Everything I’ve ever read shows running backs followed by wide receivers are the most often injured.

4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Screenshot_20230429_004442_Chrome.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Both very young O lineman.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Damn.. you are correct. Thought Tight Ends were. My mistake!

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Injury or not, Darnell Washington should have been a First Round pick; all the way. Dude's physical intangibles and tape alone SCREAM Unicorn level capability. That bill of health will definitely be something to monitor but nabbing him in the 3rd Round is classic Highway Robbery!! :rawk:

A+ Pick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe it is injuries per player? There are a lot more wide receivers, cornerbacks, and linebackers in the NFL than there are tight ends. There are more running backs, too, but the margin isn't as wide.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Found this little nugget while surfin' the web. Doubt he will be as dominant as Gronk was but I do stand by my statement in stating he truly is a "One of One" type of specimen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What was that TE that we got from cincy with all the concussions? He was great when he could play. Got hit one time, came down backwards, and was gone for good

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are thinking of LaDarius Green, who played for the Chargers before the Steelers signed him. If I remember correctly, the big hit that ended his career came against the Bengals.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, that's right. Would Washington be used like him or Heath?!

13. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait did Washington just become my favorite player? ;) No I wonder if I need to go get a new jersey.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They have tried to have some productive and dynamic TE’s but it hasn’t worked out.

Hope drafting your guy is the secret sauce.

• Like Like x 1
  15. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    A few have argued otherwise and seem to believe he was drafted exactly where we got him.

Like he wasn’t a steal. :roflmao:

16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I haven't seen that argument but really haven't read much since the pickup. Did hear about the med issues for him dropping. But it's wild that back to back years we've gotten a steal from UGA.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Technically I can argue two for this Draft Seasons Bulldogs players as Broderick Jones supposedly had some "Character Concerns" from Charlie Campbell of Walterfootball.com from multiple League Exces and Scouts that he had been in contact with; article in question being here. That said... it doesn't appear to me that Broderick Jones carries baggage of any kind. Even if he did, I'd doubt that would have swayed the Steelers much; George Pickens being another. Regardless and, as I stated, there is a major note to take from such rumors; agents for other NFL Draft Prospects have more pull in terms of firing up the rumor mill than they are given credit for.

Remember that agents will do whatever it takes to get their client into the best financial situation possible; yet another reminder as to why the NFL is so damn cutthroat. It is not just NFL Front Offices and Players that must survive in this "Dog Eat Dog" business. Agents are no different and, if anything, in far greater financial risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    From everything I've seen of Jones so far he seems like a good kid. The various scenes of him at the zoo doesn't scream troublemaker to me. Things can always be deceiving nonetheless, but him choosing his teammate's number gives me the opposite impression of a bad apple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I read somewhere he would make a great OT if he added some weight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully this problem has been repaired

Although I expect Moore to start the season

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You haven't seen that argument because nobody is making it. oldschool is just misrepresenting people who disagree with him.

The argument is that the Steelers were proven right to wait on taking Washington when they got him at 93. That doesn't mean he wasn't a steal there. They were also right to wait until the sixth round to take Antonio Brown, who was a steal. The same is true of John Stallworth in 1974. Washington looks like a steal right now and he certainly might turn out to be one, but he is only a steal because the Steelers maximized his value by getting him as late as possible.

oldschool would apparently rather have just Washington than Washington and Herbig. lol

22. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Pot, kettle calling…

73994051-021E-4C31-AC50-7D04C9FFC4A4.jpeg

23. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    No, history has proved that the Steelers were not correct to wait for AB, they were lucky (until he broke) to get him in the 6th.

Same as Tom Brady. The Pats and everyone else, including us were not “right” to keep passing on Brady. I mean, history and reality has proven other wise. It’s you against the world on that bizarre hill you just died on.

You must drive your wife nuts. Sheesh…

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You wanted them to take him earlier. You are arguing that it may still turn out to be a mistake that they waited because he might outplay his draft position. Taking him earlier would cost them another player. Taking him at 32 would have cost them Joey Porter, Jr. Taking him at 49 would have cost them Benton. Taking him at 80 rather than trading down would have cost them Herbig. So, by your logic, you think they should have surrendered one of those players to take Washington earlier. I grant you that the logic doesn't work, but I've been trying to tell you this for a couple of days now. I didn't misrepresent your point of view. I took it to its natural conclusion. You can't argue they should have taken him sooner without also arguing that they should surrender Porter, Benton, or Herbig.

25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Same.

I would imagine Moore has been training hard and not resting on his laurels. His athleticism has never been in question. His lack of refinement though has always left a lot to be desired.

In his defense though, playing musicial chairs with Offensive Line Coaches for his first two seasons did not assist his development much.

• Winner Winner x 1