1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Season of FROM.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by S.T.D, Apr 18, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  2. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    I finally started Succession. So far so good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've always liked Brian Cox....You know He was the 1st guy to play Hannibal???
    Have You watched this FROM yet???

4. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    He's a great actor. He was in that movie with Ed Norton about NY after 9/11. Played his dad. 25th Hour. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in that one as well. That movie was awesome!

Not yet on From. Its the same people who did Lost and The Leftovers, right? I'm sure I'll get to it at some point. I've been watching Snowfall on FX. Thats about to end for good tomorrow. Thats been super entertaining! Its about crack cocaine in the 80's and the CIA's involvement in it. Fiction buuuuut......

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Can't wait!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Loved Snowfall!! Last episode was last night. Have not watched it yet. The lead actor did a decent job but I can think of a lot of black actors who would have been cooler to see in that role.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020

It took him a little while to get going, but I think he finally did. Kind of like it took the actor playing Jesise Pinkman a couple of seasons to settle into the role. The CIA dude has been really good also! And also the Jewish gangster was super cool. The last ever episode is tonight I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    He absolutely crushed it yesterday. What an amazing final episode! I cant get it out of my head today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Watching later today.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Like holy f--king sith!!!!!! Never saw that coming. Made me cry and be pissed off at same time. TBH, I was rooting for Franklin to get away all the way up until he killed the safe cracker. That pissed me off. Was happy Oso (the wrestling dude) had a happy ending. I'd love to go watch season 1 again but it's only on Hulu and I'm sick of paying for all these damn channels.

I'm not political at all but notice how one party seems to forget that their party caused this to happen in America.

By the way, how you watch with commercials I'll never understand. Drives me crazy, which is why I tape them and watch the next day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020

He literally became his dad.....forced to live in the hell he helped build (with Teddy). I was expecting it to be about that bad of an end for Franklin....but the downfall was just brilliantly captured, I felt...

I always root for the antihero in these shows it feels like.......just like Tony Soprano and Walter White.....

Sometimes I'll watch them live, and sometimes I'll just order an individual episode on amazon for like 2 bucks if Im not home on Wednesdays.....I have the fastest internet, so the streams are always fast too.

Politics........I have an opinion.....but I feel like this was not really a political show. It focused much more on character development for the people at ground zero.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just started watching From last night. Two episodes in it seems decent enough I be entertaining

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think it's pretty good....definitely entertaining.....if You like this kinda stuff. I'm excited about tomorrow night, and the new season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    All right, you assholes. I had to look it up. Now me and the SI are watching. Better be worth a Sunday with crappy weather.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Enjoy

16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope you are starting with first season. Tonight starts season 2.

You'll love the bad people. Walking dead types but much better looking, at first anyhow. I love them with their eerie ass grins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Sob! Season 2 isn’t on prime. Buy mgm+ or hope it comes to prime at some point?

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm. Well that sucks. I have MGM. So did You like the 1st season???

19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Haven’t finished yet. That little boy that keeps talking about quests is annoying

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not remembering that. You talking about the Kid that came in the winnebago with the Mother, father, and sister???

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Now that I’ve finished the first season. This is the type of show where it could have been great, but they will ruin it. Instead of telling a story and being done with it they will milk it for a decade.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The little guy talks of quest again in season 2 but I don't find it annoying. He copes by saying they are on a quest to get out of the place.

Don't know if you watched new show yet but it be good!! A bus comes to town, I'll leave you with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I think that is what every show hopes for. Those actors want to keep getting a paycheck but I get what you are saying. I think many series went way to long and with covid delaying them I forgot what the hell was going on. Netflix has a lot of 6-8 episode series. One of the few series I wish would have went longer was The Soprano's but generally speaking I believe most ended when they should have.

• Like Like x 1
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    that’s one of the reasons I like shows on bbc. They come up with a cool idea, tell a story, and wrap it up in 8-12 episodes. With the obvious exception of Dr Who. Over here we come up with a decent show and 10 years later it’s horrid. There are a bunch of limited series on Netflix, appletv… that are solid if not great. Slow Horses, Black Bird, Hit and Run to name a few.

• Like Like x 1