1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Apr 9, 2022.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Okay, NOW I believe you're from Arkansas! ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Do we know that it is true that the driver refused a breathalyzer test? I don’t remember hearing anything of the sort at the time. As big a Nazi state as Florida is, as much power as cops have there, could he even do that?
    I am familiar with that area and would not get out of my car and cross that highway on a bet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I guess it will all come out, but refusing a breathalyzer at least gets you taken to the cops or hospital for a blood draw. If he had a cdl license, most companies *and many if not all states) require you to get a urine/blood test within 2 hours. He may have refused and passed a litmus of tests, but if he had/s a CDL its a whole different ball game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Gimme a break. I finish my shift at 630 am and head to the bar for breakfast and Irish Coffees!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....not from, but I've been here probably way too long. LoL :thumbs_up:
    Also I forgot to mention.....We had been partaking quite a bit that day.

6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Once?
    Once?
    Did that everynight.
    OOPS, you said steel tank ours was a huge bowl with 12 hoses.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Ive been slumming it in Arkansas off and on
    No diamonds, but will go back there. Theres one there for me. I know.
    Hot Springs
    Magazine Mt.
    Mena
    Lake Gillham.
    Broken Bow OK

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I look at Mt Magazine from My front window now. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

In many states refusing a breathalyzer is considered the same as failing one. I have no idea what they do in FLA, but can’t imagine it would be much different. A driver hitting and killing a relatively high profile pedestrian and refusing to take a breathalyzer? And it’s not reported? And not charged with vehicular homicide? It doesn’t smell right.

Maybe the blackmailers drugged Haskins, that’s possible. But did they hold down a professional athlete and pour enough alcohol for him to come up 3x the legal blood alcohol limit?

It’s tragic, it’s sad, it’s a waste. But this is either a legal fishing expedition or an amazing story of corruption and criminal conspiracy. The plaintiffs are gonna have to come up with something more before I can take their claims very seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    upload_2023-4-16_14-39-12.png
    I do have a couple of questions:

I like the idea of the police being able to pull driver's cell phone records to determine if the driver was on their phone at the time of the accident. Does this happen in real life? I have been involved in a couple of accidents before the cell phone became a thing, so I have never had my cell phone records pulled. I also have never been asked to provide a blood sample because there was nothing suspicious about the accident. Do you think there is no breath or Blood test because the police never asked, or do you think the driver refused?

Speaking of that: My work keeps having to fire people because they keep testing positive for marijuana, even though it is 100% legal in Colorado. Anyone that has an accident on the job has to go for a blood test after reporting the accident. I don't know what a person should do if they are involved in a car accident and asked to take a blood test if they had taken a GUMMY 15 days ago? I feel sorry for these employees because they are not under the influence at the time of the accident, but their positive drug test gets them fired every time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Rural Arkansas

I’m starting to get a vision