1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where’s our 2023 excitement room at?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brandon556211, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Isaac Seumalu got me so excited for the 2023 season that in the 3 hours since I've found out about the signing I've misspelled his name twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Orgasmic delight, it is understandable when that excited to spell Seumalu as semen uhh when in that state.

3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    *mindfukkkkked* I tell ya

4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    You listed the Chargers twice so that means the Steelers get the 7th seed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    yes i cant wait to see Canadas dink dunk on display this year again, wr screens throwing short of first downs or throwing long when its 3rd and 1{ ooooooh} can't wait.

6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    oh and watching Johnson circle jerking always brings the excitement. not to mention his critical drops and no TD in a whole season wow---- wow holy crap so excited.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I feel like the team has somewhat addressed the glaring team needs in free agency, to the point that they do not have to reach during the draft. Take the Best Player Available for the first two picks and see where you’re at.

To me, that’s exciting.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yes, should be wonderful!
    a strong splash into FA, was fun to see. Ben's contract for years had forbidden that. BPA to some extent. If the BPA is a RB or QB or OLB, well, then NO, we don't need those. I like this S kid from Alabama for us....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm excited to see Kenny Pickett.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I too can't wait to see how Kenny does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Young, and Stroud both deserve to Be 1st round picks, and nobody else this year.
    Now that doesn't mean they will both be good, or that the others won't be, but its the only 2 I'd feel safe with in the 1st round. Only thing that bothers Me about Young is His size. He is awfully small for a Qb. They say He actually walks around at 174 pounds at 5 foot 9....no matter what anyone else says. He does have skills though. We shall see.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Neither should go before 20 based on what I've heard on this board about last yrs draft.

14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    While I think that KFP will be a great player, it's a hard sell that Stroud would be considered a worse prospect than KFP was coming out last year. Prototype arm, size, has multiple years' experience performing at a high level in a top conference and in the CFP, is younger... etc. He'd be far and away the top QB prospect if he was in last year's pool and would easily have been a top 5-10 pick.

Young has some of the issues that Corral had in terms of size, but he was a high end performer for multiple years in the best conference and the CFP, and is just overall statistically and eye-test far beyond the likes of Corral or Ridder. He'd also likely be ahead of any of last year's QB crop. So idk.

Richardson is a superior prospect to Willis and Levis is hard to tell. I can see Levis falling on draft day. Richardson might not be a top 10 guy but he will go before 20. Those two will be drafted more on their potential than their current finished product, but that shouldn't shy teams away if they feel like they can teach them. Hurts was far from a slam dunk prospect and that has worked out particularly well so far for the Eagles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lollmao:

I’m sorry but this is just so funny to me. Not saying he isn’t but the same reason why Willis shouldn’t have been taken are now swept under the rug for Richardson.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I see us ~ 6th or 7th seed. BenGALS win the DIV, we take 2nd but it will be a dog fight. We may get to 10 wins, will be very close.

17. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Yet there is talk (always is) about several teams wanting to move up to 3, so the QB sweats in a front office might make some idiot make that move he just has to make, to see yet another reach fall to the way side. Or he might be the next super star, but if I was a wagering man my bet would be falling to the wayside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I know every year is different, but last year we went 7-5 in games 8 pts or less difference, most of those were 4 pts or less. We averaged a lousy 18 pts a game, we had a couple of few outs against us, a couple wins with a greater than TD point difference. Easier said than done, but scoring a TD and FG more a game puts our O right near the top of scoring. I am not saying we get THERE, but turning just 2 of those close games would have gotten us to 11, deleting the mistakes gets us closer in the blow outs..which may not be a win, but can we at least have an opportunity? All that to say yea its a dogfight, we can go 12 or 13 in wins, or just as easy get only 7..and possibly be as or more competitive...many games are just that close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He's got better size and played in the best conference in the nation. They are "similar" prospects in that they have some of the same upsides and downsides, but they are different too. Willis measured in at 6' and 1/2'' and weighed 219, played in the FCS, and did basically no athletic testing. Richardson is 6'4'' 244lbs, played in the SEC, and lit up the athletic testing.

I'm not sweeping anything under the rug. Willis was over drafted in the 3rd round. Richardson will also be over drafted based on his body of work. But he has a lot of things he did better than Willis and he did so against high quality competition. Willis played scrubs week in and week out. Richardson is a better prospect. I'll stand by it.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Sums it up well. They’re both lottery tickets, but Richardson carries a much higher risk (in terms of draft capital), but his upside potential if he “gets it” is pretty high. Like Josh Allen with 4.4 speed high.

21. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I’m feeling very apprehensive and hopeful at the same time.

Is that hedging?

Can’t believe the draft is still 2 weeks away…

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't think it fair to compare Hurts to Richardson, or Levi's. Hurts played winning football for more than one team in college. Neither of them even came close. JMO

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Richardson had 17 td, and 9ints with The Florida Gators....My boy KJ Jefferson 24 tds, and 5 ints with the Razorbacks, and nobody is looking at KJ....they both played in the SEC, but Florida is way more talented. Drafting a Qb by how fast they run(especially one from a great talented school, and He sucked at).....is like Drafting a LT by how well He covers Wrs. IMO

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He can’t play the QB position either, both rely on their physical attributes and that is why they are the same. Yes he played in the SEC and also has some horrible film playing against that competition and the film that isn’t horrible is terribly inconsistent.

He is the SAME exact player as Willis just with even greater physical gifts. It’s just that his gifts are at the point that you and others can’t ignore.

Is he better than Willis, yes but he will have the same difficulties in the pros and is complete boom or bust. Scouts are saying he should sit behind a starter for a year. Sounds familiar.

I hope someone does take him in the first, will help push a player we like down to us.

• Winner Winner x 1