1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe Mendenhall, isn't gonna be gone in 2013???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AFan, Dec 16, 2012.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll believe it when I see it, too. That's really hard to believe.

3. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
  4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe the talks are actually to determine how much he OWES the Rooney's for putting up with his crap for the last 4 years! I just have to believe that the Rooney's are believers in the leopard not changing his spots so it's hard to imagine they bring him back. I honestly think Tomlin would lobby for that not to happen. I just don't think those two llike eachother very much. I could be wrong though.

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm thinking sign him to a modest contract and then trade him for a 4th rd. pick, or maybe higher... better than letting him walk for nothing

6. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

signing him would require signing bonus money that you can not recover even if traded , ( money we do not have ) just letting him walk will garner us a compensatory selection and most likely a 4th rounder anyhow considering he was a first round selection and will get a decent job elsewhere ... letting him walk is the smarter move IMO

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe this for a second, although to me it makes sense if it were to happen as Dwyer and Redman aren't good enough to get the job done. For some reason Mendenhall is despised on this site, but he's very clearly our most talented RB and gives us the best chance to win.

Yes, he stayed home to pout instead of showing up to the game when he was inactive, but if you believe he's our only selfish and spoiler player, you have a lot to learn. Wallace has been pouting and whining all season long because he hasn't been getting as many deep balls this year. He's talked about losing focus during games.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Most people want Wallace gone too. Mendy's heart isn't here, I wouldn't trust him carrying the football. Now would his attitude change if they threw a bunch of money at him? Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Mendy has a history of this, if Mac is correct, this goes back to college. No thanks, I think Dwyer can get the job done, lot of people keep bringing up speed, how fast was the Bus? That worked out ok for us.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It was a different game back then. Ricky Williams never had heart either because to him, football was just a job and not his life, yet he did alright for himself.

10. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

for himself YES , for the teams in which he played , well that depends on what week we are speaking about he was hit and miss

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    All you have to do is move the chains. Didn't Williams career crash and burn?

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Please don't tell me this is true

13. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

smoke n mirrors to help drive up his price on the open market and to help solidify what round the comp pick comes from ..nothing more ...nothing less

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They are not going to sign just to turn around and trade him. Where do some of you come up with this stuff?

15. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree here. Despite his attitude and fumbling he is the most talented back we have. If anyone can reach him it's Tomlin and if he performs like his talents indicates, he can be a top ten back. Of course we need better oline play.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the bus had a better line. rainey is fast and getting through the line but an arm tackle brings him down. speed through the line with some stoutness to break a tackle would be nice. we can't live on what happened 5 years ago.:cool: