1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendy's gone next year, and he did piss players off with the stunt.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    After reading this, I can't see any way Mendy will be here next season. His hearts not here, I don't think I would trust giving him the ball anymore this season unless I had to.

Will Allen was one Steeler who was less then pleased that Mendy skipped the game:

You can read the whole article here:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3124671-85/mendenhall-team-steelers#axzz2EtFat7bU

*Edit* Sorry for the misleading title, tried to go back and change that to "Mendy most likely gone next season" Doesn't let you edit titles though.

2. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    With the comments he made, he is definitely gone! He has no desire to be in Pittsburgh.

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    wow, I wondered why he was suspended. I have to agree with the statement that a lot of people have talent. In other words, you're nothing special so conform to the way things are.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Bye mendy dont fumble on the way out!

5. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Good riddance... I won't miss him when he gone

6. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    [video=youtube;FhrqbtM0Xe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhrqbtM0Xe0[/video]

was looking on youtube for a video I seen pre draft on Mendy where he stated in the interview that Football wasn't his life and ran across this and had to share it ... FUNNY but not suitable for work or small children to see ( so watch at your own risk ) its not real bad a couple F bombs but not real audible .....

7. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't let the door hit you in the azz, loser.

8. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Wonder if Tomlin would stay home too?

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I won't miss him either....I don't think anyone will. After he made those bin Laden comments last year, it was pretty obvious he wasn't hittin' on all 8 cylinders...

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Without having specifics, I'll say that no person should feel that they have to change who they are just because of a job. I don't care what job it is. I appreciate your time, effort and productivity, Mendenhall. I enjoyed watching you run in the Black&Gold, and hope I'll get to see you run for the Steelers, again, if poosible. However, if Pittsburgh is not the place for you, then I wish you the best wherever you go. And I applaud you for not being a conformist. We need more of that, in this day and time.

In the future, I would say do as much as possible to be a bit more diplomatic with the way you handle an adverse situation.

However, I'm sure there are lessons to be learned on both sides of this conflict.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    little harsh ?

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    mendy has the same look on his eyes than tomlin when they are on the bench , they look lost and shocked

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Lot harsh.. Mendy did not even know that he was suppose to appear at the game when listed as inactive

Bman

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yet the week before he was inactive and he was at the game (even though it was an away game). And he's been in the league long enough he should know this...every other inactive player is there for the games. While I do not hate Mendy or anything...just saying. I just find it sad that he hasn't lived up to what he could be.

15. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I like Mendenhall. He still produced with that rotating door we call an o line. A couple of 1000 yard seasons. But I agree with all of you he is gone after this season.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Mendy is despised by Steelers fans but he's hated for all the wrong reasons. He has beliefs which most of us can't understand and don't agree with, but at least he's willing to stand up for those beliefs rather than become a mindless drone like so much of society is these days. I applaud for him for refusing to conform, even if I don't agree with a lot of what he says. He's looked down upon for some of the same reasons Ricky Williams was, both have stated that football is not their life it's just something they do in the present. That appears to be a negative quality for many people. I personally think it's great, as so many ex-players treated football as their whole life and once the lights went out on their career, they've fallen into hard times.

Mendy has become the scape goat for this team. Tomlin is more worried about feuding with a player who was inactive than he is with addressing problems that are actually happening on the field.

You can hate the guy if you want, but he's our most talented RB by far. Dwyer is not the future of this team, we will either draft a RB high or sign someone in the off-season. Not that it will matter unless we fix our Oline once and for all. We're practically chasing our best RB out of town and I just don't understand it.

Yeah, he skipped a game he wasn't starting in, that's a problem that needs to be addressed, but he shouldn't have been scratched to begin with. There's just complete chaos on this team right now and it seems as if Tomlin is trying to fix it by making an example out of Mendy.

17. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i was with you until that line. i dont think anyone is blaming the poor season they are having on Mendy. lets not add stuff to the fire that isnt there. i know a lot of people dont care for Mendy and a lot of that stems from his off the field beliefs, but i dont think many people thought he was the greatest running back so i cant imagine many people blame the bad season on him because he hasnt played.

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry I should have added the sarcasm emoticon lol

Mendy must have known that he needed to show even when inactive. Besides as I see it your part of the team.. Even if your not playing you should show support by attending games.

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Absolutely 100% agree.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Of course Mendy knew he had to show,...he isn't stupid. He tries to posture himself as some deep intellectual athlete, but plays dumb like he didn't know he had to show? Don't lie to everyone, at least man up and say you did it because you were angry.

This guy is not a team guy. Go google his time at Illinios he bad mouthed the coaching staff there too when he left.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't care about Mendys off season garbage, I care that he isn't handling his current situation like a professional. Whether you agree with the punishment or not, suck it up and work your butt off to get back on the field and help your teammates. He's putting himself above the team, he doesn't get a pass from me for that.

22. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't even care if the door hits him on the way out. Just get him out. I'm sick of him. I didn't like him when he was drafted and I don't like him now. It's not the off the field stuff for me either. I mean that's just the icing on the cake. I just personally never liked his style and never got the feeling that he was totally "sold out" for the sake of the team. I never thought he was close to anyone or one of the "guys" I guess. I mean I know that some players are like that and that's fine as long as they are showing up ready to play every week I can deal with that easily. But Mendy didn't show up and that's really crappy. So long!

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I ain't crazy about mendy on or off field. Yes he has his right to his beliefs. But if you are going to stick by a terrorist dead or alive
    , then get your ass out of Pittsburgh. If I ever see him in a bear fight, I'll help the damn BEAR.

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    lol. Well according to Dwight K. Schrute a bear is a VERY dangerous animal so the odds are that Mendy WOULD need your help. I guess when he's being mauled to death he will have to remember the stupid things he said.

25. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    how dare you CS!

even a Russian Bear, MAGGOT?!?!?!?:cool:
    :smiley1: