1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Song, or Instrumental of the Day.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by S.T.D, Jan 27, 2022.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really liked this, but it really reminds Me of a mix of Slayer, and old Mastodon.

3. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Not to me so much. To me, nothing sounds like Slayer. Haha! Except for that White Zombie devils music record that had Iggy Pop on it.

Pig Destroyer came out a little before Mastodon.....same label...... and have a bit more of a grindcore influence, where old Mastodon is more sludgy....Neurosis ey........To me those first couple of Mastodon records sounds like a continuation of Today is the Day.....which makes sense as it was some of the same guys....

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm talking about note choices.

5. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Oh. That all goes over my head.

Can you play the brown note? :hmm: It could come in handy in a lot of different scenarios....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    After watching South Park....No....LoL, but people said EVH had a brown sound. LoL
    All jokes aside ....they actually did say that about Eddie, and it's the 1st thing I thought of on the South Park episode.

7. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Whats that called where the guitar player takes the big string and barely strings it so its hanging super loose?

And then theres sunn o))

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Down tuning....., or Drop tuning. Matters what they drop to. Drop D was huge for some....because it made Guitar player be able to make simple chords like 5ths even simpler....by playing with just one finger. It was originally designed for slide players.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Drop D! Yes......yes.....that what was on the tip of my brain.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Some will tune down all the strings, and then drop it to a C. Lots of things. Mastodon will even drop to, an A on a few songs.
    Then in some country music, they have a Nashville tuning....we're most strings are tuned one octave higher than original.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Me like a lot. Although I hated the effects He was using at the beginning intro of the tune. It didn't enhance the sound....it screwed it up. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up:

13. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    See....I rather like the effects. On this song it sounds cooler in the studio version.

Maybe you would like them more.......if you were....regularly....on.....something? :shrug::stogie::wizard::matrix0:

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You get Me wrong. I did like the tune a lot. I just didn't like the effect He was using on the intro....I like what He was playing.
    I just think it would have been better without the effect taking away from it. That's all. He actually plays a lot of stuff I do.....I just don't use many effects at all.
    I Liked it enough I'm ordering a CD of theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    No, I gathered you dug it.

Our Raw Heart, Atma, and The Unreal Never Lived are probably my 3 favorites. If you get Atma, make sure you get the remastered one. It sounds waaaaay better, production wise.

Crazy fact about this band: the singer almost died of diverticulitis and came back to do the last album. From what I've heard, they are just gonna do one more record and call it a day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Which is the best one ....You think???

• Like Like x 1
  17. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I put Our Raw Heart as one of my top 5 albums of any band....I think we had that on another thread,

So I would say that one. That's their newest record. I'm almost 90% sure I posted a song off that record in this discussion thread.

As far as Yob fans go, alot of folks like Catharsis the best. Its one of their early ones. That one is good too!

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's the one I'm ordering Friday then. Out Raw Heart. I was listening to a acoustic song of theirs earlier that I really liked.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Was it Marrow? That song is pretty epic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Believe it was, but not sure, but I know I did listen to Marrow. I actually listened to about 7 different songs since I first commented on them.....So not really knowing the songs yet....I'm liable to get them confused of the name.

• Like Like x 1
  21. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Youtube is the best! Any time I can't find something good to watch, i just start digging for music videos and live stuff on my fancy TV....

This thread is great too, I love discovering new stuff! I'm posting a song a day until I'm dead. Hahaha!

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    What I want to know is how Kat the mortgage hater and S.T.D that razorback eating guy have more then 24 hours in a day;)

You two really know and love your music. I wonder how you guys get anything done during the day:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've posted some solo Nuno Bettencourt stuff before b/c he has always been one of my favorite guitarists. Extreme has a new album coming out and recently released a new single. Pretty great guitar solo in this song.

• Like Like x 1
  24. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Haha! I wish there was more time in a day. I'm 1099 so I can make my own schedule......and I'm in sales so its very rare that I work more than a 6 hour work day. Sometimes less if I'm having lots of success that day.

• Like Like x 2
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Lunch time , and after everything is done.
    If You notice. I'm always on here during the week....only at the same specific times.

• Like Like x 2