1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Standard are so low for the steelers now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 18, 2023.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The literal meaning of erratic doesn't not define what it means in terms of how a qb played as there is not set standard on what metrics are used to judge a qbs performance.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think even you are dumb enough for this to be anything but trolling, but I'll play along.

Do you really think Lawrence was consistent as a rookie? Look at these game logs. If you think those qualify as consistent, you know even less about football than I thought. If you don't, then you are admitting he was inconsistent, which means he was erratic.

Try answering this one with some integrity.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Stroud is the Guy. The 1st real Qb I think from Ohio State

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :this!:Winner

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    When did the game log become the standard on judging how someone played?

6. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Respectfully, I would say Andy Reid has figured out how to manipulate the game. But, in the end, it's all just a matter of opinion.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now you want to ignore statistical evidence? That is exactly the sort of lack of integrity I would expect from a plagiarist like you.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Also, he ignored that they still have Travis Kelce. It isn't just that FootballPlagiarist is largely clueless. He's dishonest, too.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Again when did that become the standard to judge someone? Context is a thing which just doesn't looking at game log doesn't have.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It took him 20 years to do it?,

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your trolling is getting old. You lost this argument two pages ago.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No I didn't lol.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Isn’t this contradicting your stance on Pickett? Looking at the stat sheet, Picketts year would be deemed terrible but actually watching him play and taking his initial usage into account like throwing 50 times a game, having a poor OC, Oline not playing well at the time, no run game at the time, all of that factors in.

You can clearly see the progress Pickett made and the command of the huddle he had. He set a rookie record for back to back game winning drives. That is a must have trait if you want to be a top QB. I even saw him make off script plays with unorthodox throws that I didn’t think he could do. He answered every concern I had about him entering the season.

Now I need to see him be consistent and be able to handle a heavier passing attack without all the picks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As Blast pointed out, you want to rely on overall statistics while ignoring the development we saw in Pickett, yet you want to ignore the statistical evidence regarding Lawrence.

I clearly demonstrated that Lawrence was erratic as a rookie, so you are trolling rather than show some integrity and admit you lost the argument.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I didn't rely on overall statistics to solely judge Pickett. It's multitude of facts and one that you still haven't answered yet which is why didn't anyone trade up to get him.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pickett had better games as a rookie in '22 than Lawrence did in '21. Of course Lawrence is the better QB right now... but that could change.

• Like Like x 1
  17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I just don't understand what it is you're trying to get at. Obviously you understand that no one on this message board could possibly know why teams did what they did in any particular draft, we are not in the war room and privy to those types of decisions. If you are trying to say that the Steelers took Pickett too early and you don't like the pick and you think he sucks, just say it and move on. Others here don't feel that way. Some of us are being rational about this and understand what the expectations of a rookie quarterback should be. There were clear improvements Pickett made during the second half of the season that you either did not recognize, or are simply too stubborn to admit. You're going to have to let that draft go, my man. Pickett is the Pittsburgh Steelers starting quarterback for the foreseeable future and you are going to have to get used to that.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There is one incredibly important thing that is so critical and there is no stat to support it - The eye test.

Pickett passed it for most fans and even fans of other teams who’ve talked to me about him.

Grit is related and also hard to measure - you just see it. I saw it…

Kenny has plenty enough to be great point guard, we just have to have all the other players there for him (and game plan!). He doesn’t have to be the best player on the offense, just one of the top 3 or 4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    agreed

• Like Like x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Part of my argument Is that at the top of the draft SEVERAL qb needy teams said no thank you when we see teams almost every draft trade up for qbs.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lol

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've answered that question and I did so recently, so now you are flat-out lying.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He's going to root against the Steelers' starting quarterback for as long as Pickett is taking the snaps. The guy could turn into a star and lead them to win multiple Super Bowls and FootballPlagiarist would still be trying to argue that the Steelers reached because no other team traded up to take him earlier in the first round.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Yep. Seems like an argumentative take to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    And? Your point?