1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Addison to Pickett "Come get me"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by GoldBurgh, Mar 3, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ignore everybody

I need the company

Wimp

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    However You line it up....You did say it. What's the big deal???
    I can show more.....:shrug:..., or I could do Like You did, and say.....Processing speed how would You know....I believe You made that up....., but I won't. LoL

3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin has a very slow processor

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whatever. I posted the exchange, anyone with reading comprehension skills past the 3rd grade can see what you said wasn’t true.

It’s funny you think you said something revolutionary about processing speed. Not a person on this board didn’t already know that about QB’s. But you like top make **** up about people :rolleyes:

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. :lolol:
    Why so upset. You know I mean nobody harm. I just was going by what You said. If I say it ....I make it up...., and if You say it it's gospel....even though I agree. What good for the goose is good for the gander.

6. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    back to topic

the fact that Addison is saying this "draft me" stuff makes me not want to draft him. I am not into these vibes. no player dictates a draft. plus i am not impressed w Addison, he is undersized and i dont think he has the durability to be worth it in the NFL. but above all else we dont need a WR, if he is available in the late rounds maybe round 6,7 maybe, not impressed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Hell, even if the team does not suffer an injury, CAIII will benefit from being pushed. While Addison... or whomever the team will draft is not likely a speedster like CAIII, having that contingency plan in the slot is much better than without. This is not the 80s to even the 2000s where two WR's are enough. The rules have significantly changed so much so that three quality WRs are now the standard for a potent Offense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Getting back to Jordan Addison, personally speaking, to me, unless the Steelers actually trade down (I seriously hope they do if their options are exhausted by pick 17), Jordan Addison is not wearing the Black 'n' Gold. If anything, knowing how much Doug Pederson LOVES quick twitch, shifty WRs... do not be surprised if Jacksonville is the team that elects to become the "dance partner" for Pittsburgh to trade with. If not them, the New York Giants is another team in dire need of a WR; doubly so given the Daniel Jones Contract Situation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    I am not against drafting a WR in the later rounds. i think Addison hangs around longer than you might think... even so, there are other receivers I would take over Addison, depending on who is available in those later rounds, we'll see

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Addison in the sixth or seventh? Sure. Then they can sign Joey Porter, Jr. as an undrafted free agent. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    making the point that we are not drafting a WR in the early rounds. this whole Addison thing is getting stupid. My point was, and I may have been a little sarcastic, was that I would only draft Addison in the later rounds. not that he is literally going to be taken in those rounds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    but I wouldn't be surprised if Addison hangs around longer than most think, perhaps late second or worse

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It just makes little sense to even suggest it that way. Even the second round would be considered a big and surprising fall for him. He is going to need to bulk up a little in the NFL, but that is true of many players coming out of college.

I don't think they should even consider a receiver with their first two picks. Maybe if he fell to their second pick in the second round, they might have to consider it, but I certainly don't want him in the first. It's not that he isn't good enough, but they just have too many other needs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I honestly don't believe Addison makes it out of the First Round. Combine be damned; Addison is a Anesthesiologist when it comes to Route Running and Separation. He is no JaMarr Chase but good luck trying to 1v1 him with just average CB play. A CB such as Sauce, AJ Terrell, Darius Slay, Jalen Ramsey or even Jaire Alexander would be much better options to use against him. Some only see him as a slot option but I do not. His ability to get open even at the start of the line is what literally separates him from other WRs in this class; rock solid hands too.

I initially saw him as a Top 20 player before the combine. Now, I can easily see him going anywhere from 17 to 28. Wideouts with his skillset just do not come around often. Jaxson Smith-Njigba from Ohio State would be the other one but Njigba has slightly better hands at the cost of lesser degrees of separation. Now, I should also include Quentin Johnston from TCU given how much of a complete prototype WR he is but he is inconsistent for me. He will be drafted in the first round but where remains to be seen. I would also keep an eye on Jalin Hyatt and Zay Flowers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, just accurate. Sorry I posted the exchange and ruined your little fantasy.

You sure I’m the one that is upset?

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Isn’t that true for every position

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Their offense already has trouble scoring points, they can’t afford to have only one viable receiver on the field.

I don’t buy the lip service they are happy with Miller and Sims going into the season and they can’t put all their eggs into the Austin basket. They will make a WR move either via FA or draft.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    not this FO, they will sprint to the podium to force the pick. Just say NO to a WR before Pick 4. Find a veteran in FA, go with the group we have now. Austin has to deliver.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yes, and for every WR corps......

• Like Like x 1
  20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

agreed - BEEF and HITTERS. enough of the sexy players....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm down with adding Addison as long as its the 2nd rounder.

I also think if he is added you want to see if you can ship off DJ for a draft choice maybe 3rd rounder if lucky if adding Addison.

DJ, Pickens, Addison and then Austin 3.16 gonna be a full room at that. Plus Pat and maybe even Sims or Miller

The team just has so many needs to try to take a WR early.

The trenches have been ignored for far too long in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    It's tough for me to sign up for drafting a WR in this draft.
    I think Pickens is coming on strong and unlike others, I think DJ is going to hit a better stride.
    So I wouldn't look at WR till late if at all.

I am hoping to see OT, DL, ILB, DB early (not necessarily in that order), and look to fill depth later, along the line of scrimmage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I doubt Smith, Porter Jr, and Gonzalez are gone by 17....one of them should be our 1st pick in my humble opinion.

24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I wish I " certain someone " would ignore me but...He does the opposite

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats not really how thats supposed to work, why don’t you put that certain someone on ignore :lolol: