1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Suck

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Yes, a couple more.

if you’re here for escapism then why bring your BS politics into the discussion? If all it takes for you to bring up your garbage politics is the players responding to a confidential survey about their respective franchises, then you aren’t escaping
    This is just a straw man tho, no? This isn’t about players complaining about trivial things. This is about the results of a survey where players were asked to rate the franchises that they play for in a multitude of areas. I’m not understanding the contempt here. If this was about players just randomly whining and acting entitled then I probably would agree. Again, this is not it. This survey was requested by the higher ups because it’s helpful.

I’m just disheartened seeing this “it bothers me that these guys complain when they make more than 90% of the population” talking point repeated over and over. It’s an un American take. These guys aren’t just given the money. They aren’t born into their positions either. They have to prove themselves to be the best of the best. If anything, “regular Joe” types should be advocating that the players get an even bigger piece of the pie.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It appears others have been sharing the cornbread

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The place I work at has the problem where no matter how good things are for individuals they throw tantrums over what they perceive as someone getting that they aren't. Such as a 2 dollar shift differential for working the crappy late shift. People with 8-5 jobs complained because they didn't get a 2 dollar raise. It's not a raise it is money to work bad hours and if they want it they just have to switch shifts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Right, but the article also states that the Super Bowl winning Chiefs were ranked 29th, below the Steelers, and the three top ranked teams haven't been relevant in quite some time. Obviously it's always good for a team to see where they can improve but I'm just not sure how much this translates to wins and losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

This is what people are complaining about? In all seriousness, I prefer the Steelers locker room. Jags is cool but too dark, feel like I am in a club, Raiders feels like a club without the coolness, Dallas gives me a headache.

Steelers, wide open, bright, clean. I like it. I think Foster hit the nail on the head, players coming out of college come from facilities with state of the art, Steelers locker room must seem very no-frills to them.

Anyway I think I saw where the money brought in by the new Acrisure deal will go towards improving some of this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/.am...ers-major-upgrades-acrisure-stadium-bathrooms

Replacing troughs with some urinals

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  10. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    No, because I said this first, so he’s agreeing with me!!!! ( Even though he has no clue who I am )

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  11. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    You’ve missed the Whole Point…… Again

Cajun

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Well as long as we got that straight. I said it about the initial article and again about Cooks article there are some valid points and definitely areas that can be improved for all teams but other things that are so out there I not sure they are thinking critically about the issue. Why are players bringing nursing newborns to a football game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Because I don't immediately and wholeheartedly agree with you, I'm missing the point? Got it. If you back up and read my first response to this thread, you'll see that I didn't object to players getting better accommodations. However, it is more than reasonable to question what some of those accommodations are and how important they are to most players. Do you think Ramon Foster missed the point of the original article as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well KC just won like You pointed out, and they have like one of the nastiest stadiums I have ever seen.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

They probably won because they have the best daycare. I think putting in a Dave and Busters for the players families will finally win us that elusive #7 Lombardi.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I hear you Thorn and am a former union leader. I left my former fortune 500 back in 2007 and at that time, we were at the table with the company working on childcare as a very important issue. I think they incorporated a stipend for eligible employees through bargaining in the contract after I left.

I understand that the company (NFL) wants to make all the money it can and the employees (NFLPA) wants it's share of the pie too. The income of the game has increased and I applaud the NFLPA for doing it's job in keying this up to get some more of that pie for it's members. I see it as, just business as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Well, I guess it matters to some to have their own urinal……. to each his own.

It’s an older stadium so there’s limitations on what they can do, but I just didn’t understand not providing a place for the players families to attend the game. Doesn’t have to be the Luxurious Owners Box type But if an Organization is going to be known as and accept the moniker of We’re Family Here….. then they should be better than they are.

It doesn’t matter how much the players make, or how it relates to wins & loses. It’s all about being what you proclaim and it’s an easy fix.

I do hope you’re right, and will be looking into the family issue.

Cajun

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol::thumbs_up:

20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I like their vintage locker room and don’t want it changed!
    I like the old school grass field and hope it remains!
    Love that they go into seclusion and take a step back in time for training camp. Don’t change a thing there!
    Adore they load these grown men with their inflated egos onto school buses for Friday Night Lights!

You want the modern day Roman Colliseum, head to Dallas. Want to ball, Pitts here for you!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    You forgot the green font.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/list-of-most-expensive-nfl-stadiums/

Some of the extras are tied to the construction costs of the stadiums. Players probably only spend a handful of time in the lockerroom and at team facilities during the year.

How much should an organization spend on extras for players?

The Steelers market probably wouldn't support a billion dollar stadium let a lone a multi billion dollar stadium. The fans "pay for it" one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Want to be 500 and lose first round Pittsburgh is the place

24. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol its the offseason so Im late to everything....but THIS was my first thought too!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  25. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I worry that “the standard” ihas become just what you said however that has little to do with facilities IMO.
    That’s a topic\debate for another day/thread.