1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Suck

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Some of these post now are having me wanting to go eat rocks in the middle of the road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If you read the article the biggest "Family" complaint is the Steelers do not offer Day Care for children on Gameday. I would assume there are a growing number of NFL Teams that have started to offer this, and the Steeler players are like if this team has it why don't we?

This is not a unique complaint to the NFL now days.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I wonder if day care would have helped Antonio Brown while he was on the team. Oh' you mean for the kids? My bad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Please report back on the end results :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The article offers an opportunity to post "Steelers Suck."

Art Rooney was quite a guy, a very unique character.
    I still have visions imprinted in my mind of him at the Brownstones.
    Times have changed, and one just needs to look around at what is going on out there.

I've seen some bad treatment.
    RE: Washington. I was there when Dan Turk (a beloved player and brother of Punter Matt Turk) played through a large, malignant tumor in his chest due to undiagnosed mediastinal germ cell tumors... and ended his career with a botched snap to Brad Johson which probably would have won the game and took them to the NFC Championship.

Dan Snyder was horrible. Not only did his medical staff miss the diagnosis but was such a Sh!tty person to the Turk family after Dan died not long after.
    I could never see that sort of thing happening here.

But the overall response on that sheet, I don't know what they want, an egg in their beer or a beer in their egg?
    It smacks of one of those stupid Corporate surveys they put in the email inbox and people just check every box as 10 (10 being the worst) in 10 seconds sao they don't get the 100 nagging email follow-ups "Don't forget to fill out your survey."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, I never thought about this stuff. These are young guys, some got kids no doubt. Daycare should be better.

More like shameful, not suck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Having surgery to remove rocks. But I now understand it would be in our best interest to trade tj and cam. And not re-sign Sutton. Next season we need to start with tanking four the first pick and get that #1 QB. Then tank again, so we can get the #1 DT. Then again for a DE. In 4 years we should be ready, but first we need to go after a new coach. So if it is not Kirby Smart, we can kiss this all for nothing and wait for another 5 year's.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wondered where SNOT went

He’s inside your body like that scene from Ghost

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Yep he was ring on everything!!!!! Also we should be like the ravens

10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

My company does not provide daycare services. My wife's company does not provide daycare services. The grocery store, convenience store, department store, restaurant and most corporate America does not provide daycare services. Why should NFL owners? Minimum salary in 2023 for an NFL player is $750,000 with 95% of the players making much much more than that. I'm sure they can find someone to watch their kids for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The minimum salary was ~ $705,000 in 2022. Up from ~$610,000 in 2021.
    That's 1 friggin year.

Yes, a chunk goes to the agent...

The average NFL salary is around $2.7 million. This is of course inflated by QB and super star salaries.
    But the number of players being paid the minimum is not a lot, mostly practice squad types. (Elijah Riley)
    Carlins Platel made $853,333 as the next lowest.

So yeah, teams should keep pretty nice facilities.
    It also pays to be good to your players.
    The CBA has rules though and owners have to follow those also.

• Like Like x 2
  12. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    How many Owners of the Steelers?? 18? Do you think they all have a nice play to watch the game and enjoy the amenities?? How about Their special guest, Dignitaries, political ,financial etc?? How well are they accommodated???

If you were a player won’t you like your family to be able to attend, with your younger kids taken care of so the rest of your family and older kids enjoy DAD playing? Find a daycare on Sunday??? You folks just plain tripping!!!!

If the ownership cared it would happen. It is shameful, and when compared to other teams Family Treatment ranks high!!! Don’t y’all care about your dear families. It’s important to y’all , right? What’s this going to do to impact FAs??

Cajun

13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I've never really saw a day care in a stadium and I've been to all of them except the newest ones in the past 5 years.
    Is that a thing? I may have just not noticed.

A LOT of players families are in the seats. (sometimes I feel for them in hostile places like that trash in Philadelphia)

I could agree if some are doing this, it is not a bad idea if for nothing else to keep the kids eyes and ears away from drunks and foul mouths.

Hopefully Omar sees this and they huddle up and see what can improve.
    It is total BS when said "they don't care" - they do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017

post of the year !

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DoinThatRag

DoinThatRag Active Member

Aug 17, 2022
    Millionaires need day care too. Assume this is so all their baby momma's can party watching the game.

16. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    True Facts- Where you put most of your money is what you care most about- Where you put the least of your money you care least about………….. Applies to ALL

Cajun

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Seems like they have their priorities right then. Strength and conditioning coaches, training staff, nutrition, travel all good grades.

The spoiling of family members doesn’t seem high on their list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    As I said, I've never seen a daycare in any of the facilities.
    And I remember Bill Parcells smashing the Ping-Pong table and banning it till they win.
    I actually recall a few coaches doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This. The important stuff seems We(Steelers) are in the tops in....

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what I was thinking. :this!:

• Like Like x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    They can't all be the Pirates. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    It's a damn shame that it is becoming this way with the game we've grown to love over the years. I now have a teenager that pretty much eat, sleeps and breaths sports. Football, Baseball, Hockey and even women's basketball. So much so he wants to turn it into a career (Broadcasting, Media or other). Just yesterday he got us tickets to the Combine which I never in the past really cared for but it's just an hour and a half away and it will be a great time to spend with him for a day seeing all the different parts of the NFL. Every season we go to an away game and try to get to a home game as well. Show up as soon as the gates open and stay til the final whistle. He wants to do the same on Saturday for the combine and we probably will but when Athletes start getting Stupid money while I shell out a hard day earned to pay for the games it makes me wonder at what point do I just say I'm done.

BTW- He is trying to convince my wife for us to get a hotel in Indy and go Sunday also. We love Indianapolis but the weather has to cooperate or she's out. She just walks the Canal area so he's hoping for warm weather so we can go both days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Either way.....Your being a good Father....So there is that. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    My "get off my lawn" side says who gives a sh!t if there is daycare for the players at the stadium. My logical side says that if these things mean something to players, it's a thing. I suppose if it starts becoming an issue for the Steelers attracting free agents, maybe then it would need to be addressed but I just don't know if that's the case.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1