1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Mitch to the Giants!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Feb 21, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sounds like mason is leaving the door open if they get rid of mitch.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Giants did.

He made 4,040 mill last season not taking a snap. If he wants to stay it has to be half that, or close to that with incentives. Release Mitch or trade him and be on the hook for 2,625 mill dead cap with an 8 mill savings. So they would get back roughly 4,625 mill back estimate.

I feel they might keep Mitch and extend him to lessen the cap hit.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    From Trib Live:

According to a text exchange Wednesday with a source close to the situation, Rudolph’s primary goal is to explore his options outside of Pittsburgh. However, he wouldn’t “close the door unnecessarily”on another contract with the Steelers.

That sure sounded to me like Rudolph doesn’t want to burn a bridge and would come back if there is nowhere else to go. But he wants to test the waters just about anywhere else first to see if he has a better shot to fight for a starting job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah with someone who will be starting. Why's that so hard to understand. Timing should be worked with the starter. Not wasting time on a guy that will not be here more than likely....no matter what after this year.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Umm

Kenny Pickett is there

Umm

He is our starter

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes, and should be getting all the reps....not sharing them with Mitchell Trubusty. LoL

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s Mitch’s house

He gets to play too

Otherwise he will take his ball and go home

And I’m the one who allegedly is a curmudgeon

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I can't imagine any team wanting Mason or Mitch as their starter next season, if both of them leave I expect them to still be backups elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is technically true, but holding him here keeps $8 million+ on our cap books and could limit other offseason moves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's the only way people want to play with Him.....when He foots the bill. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Rudolph would want to go where he can be a true no. 2 with an opportunity to play if anything happens. If Mitch is gone, he may accept that role in Pittsburgh

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t see his name mentioned down in Florida……..again

It doesn’t appear he is into bonding with his team….hmmm

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah that bonding really helped Mitch last year. Not just counting His 4td, 5ints, or His 2-3 record, but You could clearly see players frustrated with Him on the field, and not just DJ. Although of course if He's footing the bill on free food, and what ever else He has going down in Florida.....I'm sure some guys will take advantage of that.
    I mean Hell He's made a lot of money fleecing 3 teams of millions of dollars.

15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    JFC
    Mitch Trubisky is the founder of rap.
    It all makes sense now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I don't think any of our receivers made less than a million $ last year. I doubt they're going to give up some of their free time just to get a few free dinners.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If You think only free dinner is all they got going out there.....LoL.
    You do remember a Qb losing His life leaving there last year don't you.
    Also I guess You forget about how the vets(who make the most) take the rookies(who make the least), and make them pay for extravagant meals all the way up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thousands of dollars my guy, not hundreds of thousands. Thats a lot of booze and food! Restaurant be like, damn, they still eating and drinking, quick, someone go to Costco!

• Like Like x 2
  19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Mitch being down in Fl with the receivers AND Pickett makes me wonder if he’s OK with being QB2 and mentoring Pickett.

If that’s the case I can see them keeping him And extending him losing his cap hit.

I can also see Mason Staying But only as QB2.

I expect the Steelers will try to extend Mitch BUT if they get a decent trade offer for him then I can see them doing just that and re-singing Mason.

They usually have 4 QBs in camp so two things are certain. One will be Kenny and one of the other QBs first name will start with an “M”!!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was exaggerating a bit, but there have been many above 50 thousand dollars. You can look it up.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One way or another I would think Mitch believes he is coming back or he wouldn’t be doing the Florida thing again.

Not that we know what discussions he has had with management he has certainly had them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I've read stories about that. Sometimes the higher paid teammates slip them some cash to help cover the tab. Ben would do this, for example. Remember, these dinners occur during camp and preseason, before rookies get paid anything except camp stipends. And only high draft picks get a sizeable signing bonus.

I personally dislike these rookie dinners. They can put a real hurting on a rookie's finances.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Kenny Pickett and Mitch Trubisky have been training with several #Steelers pass-catchers over the last few days in Florida. Diontae Johnson, George Pickens, Calvin Austin, Anthony Miller, Steven Sims, Gunner Olszewski, Cody White, and Connor Heyward were all seen working with the Steelers QBs. #HereWeGo

His QB coach is also in Florida with them while they’re training.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have been wondering "WHAT DID MASON SAY, with all this chatter about him coming back if the Steelers really did get rid of Mitch. Where is this coming from and what exactly did Mason Say.

Guess what Mason said nothing!!! There is no way in hell Mason returns to the Steelers next year. Just a bunch a BS started by people who have probably never even spoke to Mason before. Mason was an Ass to Mike Tomlin for the 1 Week he was active, going out of his way every day to Contradict anything Tomlin had said about him the day before.

This is the post everyone is referencing about Mason coming back? Are you kidding me?
    "According to a text exchange Wednesday with a source close to the situation, Rudolph’s primary goal is to explore his options outside of Pittsburgh. However, he wouldn’t ‘close the door unnecessarily’ on another contract with the Steelers."

25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This seems a lot more right that Kenny and Mitch are down in Florida training with the Steeler WRs. That original article made it seem like Kenny was not there.