1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else about to throw in the towel on this season ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm frustrated as hell with our play this year and the injuries are bad; but NO I'm not nor will I ever throw in the towel. Ask the Crows and the Bungles what happens when you mess with the towel (Espically the terrible one).

If they lose but give it their all I'll be disappointed but I'll get over it. If they give another away I'll come here and vent!

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

This place will be utter mayhem if they lose Sunday :duel:

3. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I know everyone saying this is not a must win but I think it is. if we lose this we will be 1-4 in the last 5 games this is a must win

4. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I think most (if not all) of us are very passionate about this football team. Hence why we are usually on here talking about them. This team right now is the most frustrating kind to root for because they are so up and down, a big win followed by a big loss. We invest a lot emotionally in this team. So it's a "defense mechanism" to want to throw one's hands up and stop rooting for them, because they break your heart--or you're afraid they will. Women have not broken my heart as bad as sports have. In fact, as a Pittsburgh fan, I probably lost several years off my life in the period between October 1992 and January 1995. The Bucs' Game 7 loss to the Braves...followed six months later by the Pens' game 7 loss to the isles...followed about 20 months later by the Steelers' AFCCG loss to the Chargers. :cray:

5. steelio

steelio Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Well said. My thoughts exactly.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That Chargers loss was rough, I still remember that guy racing down the field and catching about a 40 yarder for a TD. Laid on my couch staring at the TV after I turned it off when the game ended for like an hour.

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No.
    Clean up the stupid mistakes.
    Get a little healthy.

Play Patriots in AFC Championship game, see what happens.

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I threaten to throw it in after every bad play. I never will though

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I may be banned from Dunkenfields for life. I have no Idea what I hollered as I walked out on that BS backward pass recovered for a TD

10. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    YES, I threw in the towel after the first half of that KC game. Up to that point we were playing great and Big Ben was playing lights out. When we played a terrible KC team at home and stunk the place up I knew it was over. Actually after the first Quarter of the KC game you knew it was over. That lazy, befuddled deer in the headlights play that we have come to love. By over I mean any SERIOUS chance of going to and winning a Super Bowl. That is what I'm looking for. So we limp into playoffs maybe get lucky and win one, maybe not. I'm pretty harsh with my criticism but those guys make A LOT of money. To come out unprepared and lazy is no excuse, who ever fault it is. I just hope we beat the bungals and the clowns and I'll be somewhat pacified.

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to mention the 2005 Steelers, who came back after a 3 game losing streak to get the 6th seed and go on to win SB XL.

12. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ride or die!!! Steelers For Life!!!!

13. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I have NEVER thrown in the towel on ANY season until the standings show that the Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs. We have gone into the last game of the season needing a win and LOTS of help, and I sit there, hoping against hope. This season - the Steelers control their own fate. In fact, a loss by Cincinnati tonight and a win by the Steelers on Sunday will allow them to clinch a playoff spot with a win over the Bengals. Tonight's game is VERY losable by the Bengals and Sunday's game is VERY winnable by the Steelers. Standings-wise, this team is in better shape than some past teams that have had to wait until the last game of the season to clinch the post-season.

I still think this team has the capability to peak late and go into the playoffs hot. It's NEVER time to give up hope, until the standings say that there is no chance.

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I completely agree with you in all aspects of what you said, but unfortunately, I believe that the reason that highlighted statement is true this year is more due to most of the rest of the AFC being so bad, not due to much that the Steelers have done.

But I'll be right there rooting and hoping for a chance to go to the postseason, regardless of why it happens.

15. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Granted, we've played like Jekyl and Hyde all season, however, even with past and current injuries sustained, this Steeler team still has some decent depth. My biggest concern right now is Ike Taylor being out and if Troy Polamalu can start to step up his game. We know Ikes out until at least the playoffs (assuming make them) and we know Troy still has nagging injuries. If our Defense can step up as it did prior to last week, we can be very dangerous. I'm not to concerned about our offense because of Ben. And even though Bens play wasn't considered superhero status against San Diego, he still threw some nice passes when you consider the severity of duel injuries he recently came off of, and I only think he's going to be all the better against Dallas. I for one still like our chances.

16. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This.

17. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No doubt. :lolol:

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what do mrs. mayhems breast have to do with it?:hehehe:

and no, i won't give up. i won't hear the end if the browns finish better then us.:facepalm:
    :cool:

19. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Can't throw in the towel if I haven't broken it out yet. They never see the light of day until the playoffs start. After that it's game on!

20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will never throw in the towel!!!!! Im swinging that baby right now go steelers!!!!!!

21. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Tomlin but ever since he has been coach we have a great year then a bad year. And every year we always play down to ****ty teams. something has to change.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I am pretty confident most years but I just see so many glaring issues and nothing stands out as a singular problem. Seems to be team wide issues from top to bottom

If you cant beat the browns, chargers, raiders then you can stick the fork in and call yourself done

Bman

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think they have a better line with Starks Pouncey Legursky Colon Adams ... The last game was like watching the O Line take a step backward

Bman

24. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    this year is a just cruel to watch, highest of highs (beating the rats with Batch at QB) and lowest of lows (fumblefest against the Browns) so close together ... and a trend throughout the entire season. but still ... i can't stop watching :D

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I work among many Giants fans. After week 15 last year, when they were stomped at home by the Rex Grossman-led Skins to drop to 7-7, there was a lot of teeth gnashing and questions about whether Coughlin still "had it." They recovered. Will we? Maybe, maybe not. One thing for sure, it will be wild ride. The reality is that this team has the potential to lay a few more eggs and finish 8-8, or go on a run and take it all. Neither would surprise me.

So, no way am I throwing in the towel yet. Talk to me after the Bengal game, and I'll let you know if that changes. Until then, they are in control of their own destiny (even if they lose in Big D)