1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu Reunion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Let’s see if he fumbles against the Saints and the Ravens for Mahomes.

Those two plays cost us 2 seasons.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You want them to get back to nasty, but you don't want this guy? GTFOH!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Who cares if you aren't consistent? He's a d-bag.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    just draft a WR.

Zay Flowers nice route. Would love him in Round 2 , either pick

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Since you started a Kevin Greene thread and are a fan of his as am I , I feel the need to point out that when the Steelers were nasty with Greene and Lloyd that KG mad a wrestling appearance in WCW during SB week. Even after that he continued to be a fixture in WCW late into his career. Ric Flair was featured on Greene's Football Life episode. If you go back to the Steel Curtain days Holmes shaved things into his head while LC sported golden shoes. How are those things different from tik-tok videos?

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Did they go onto opposing team's logo's before games and bring attention to themselves when the team they were playing on wasn't even a playoff team? He'll never be a Steeler again so it's not worth talking about any further.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Isn't it funny how people seem to say something isn't worth talking about any more at the exact same time that it becomes clear they made a very poor argument?

You want nasty? Smith-Schuster is exactly the sort of player you should want. You don't like players doing things away from the field that are distractions? You should have had a problem with Kevin Greene, too.

Smith-Schuster doesn't want to be a Steeler any more, but let's at least be honest about these things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Ah I see you are a supporter of the he walked on their painted grass theory. I'll give you a secret both teams and the officials step on that painted grass and flip metal disks on it before retiring to proceed to disrespect that painted grass for 60 minutes. If a team needs that incentive beyond the money paid to them to play a game then maybe they should change jobs to something less stressful. I'm sure the painted grass won't mind.

9. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    You think your opinion on everything is the end of the discussion so I'll just watch and laugh at it. I have an 11 year old niece that's that way. See ya!!

JuJu in a kilt. LOL!

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    No you obviously have an opinion that you don't like Juju. Fair enough but when you say he showed up in a kilt, he is a clown, Steelers need to get back to being mean and nasty. I pointed out that several of the players fans like because of that mean and nasty side also did things like Juju. You changed the tune back to the tik-tok on the logo and asked if they had done something comparable because that is the reason behind your opinion. I addressed the silliness behind the disrespecting the logo. But to answer the direct question did they make videos on other teams logos? No because smart phones and social media weren't a thing. I can with a certain degree of confidence say that Greene(both) Lloyd, Porter, Lambert and any other mean and nasty Steelers legend wouldn't care how whiney fans felt about their logo. So tell me do you want mean ans nasty or do you want the Steelers to pray over the other teams painted grass before each game so as not to offend.

Bottom line you don't like Juju. Cool that's your prerogative. I'd be happy if he came back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    JuJu stated he would like to stay with KC

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    AJ Brown throwing shade on his deal

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, It's ok to crow a bit, but man, You're on a 1 year incentives deal.

That said he's a solid 80-90 reception 900+ yard guy when he's healthy.

Guess how they used him in KC...

• Like Like x 1
  17. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wish we could get JuJu back. We need that physical presence and clutch play.

18. kjdriedger

kjdriedger Member

Feb 14, 2023
    I like Juju. He just couldn’t stay healthy. And frankly he didn’t this year either.

how was he In the SB?

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No one even gave **** about the logo thing until the Bengals and Bills cried about it. He was doing it all year before that.

Actually the first thing JuJu has ever done that rubbed me the wrong way was just yesterday, posted a classless meme about Bradberry. That was in poor taste JuJu, do better.

Would still take him back on this team if things worked out that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Love it. So glad that distraction is gone. Total lack of class to rub salt on a guy's wound who admitted his mistake and is obviously feeling terrible. JuJiu't not the great guy he pretends to be. Schmuck.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Said he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh, too.

Takes two to tango.

22. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Technically they still have 2 potential years of lower cap hits for Burrow (even if he signs his extension now) and 3 for Chase. The 5th year options for both will be a bit of a jump, but not killers like the extensions will be.

So they could take a risk, sign Higgins to a big-money extension of 20 million+ and get another couple of years out of him before having to trade him. The only risk would be if his play falls off then they’re stuck with that contract - but that’s unlikely.

If they do plan on trading him, they’d also have to limit the up-front money or they’d have some big dead cap dollars to eat. And Higgins may not want to miss out on the up-front portion. Odds are they’ll likely lose him after this season, but it may not be set in stone.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This is assuming Cincy would be opting for the fifth year for both. Neither Chase nor Burrow are receiving the fifth year as both will end up being paid at the top of their respective positions. Due to that, Higgins'value goes up due in part to Chase's new contract.

Mind you that Higgins can easily be a true number one on many other NFL Teams. I am certain teams would be willing to be pay him a contract comparable to Chase's or whomever the new Highest Paid is should Higgins continue his performances

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Those guys are never getting to the 5th year options. Burrow apparently says he would take less to keep a team together, but that remains to be seen. How much less? Brady took less after he was already in the league, had multiple SBs under his belt, already had his outside endorsements and his wife was making bank!

Is Burrow willing to take less than Murray or potentially Jackson? That's crazy talk! Is Chase going to accept midrange WR money? What about Higgins?

I'm sorry though we saw this team with no Chase threat and they were very much not the offensive juggernaut everyone seems to think they are. Higgins is solid but without Chase he's manageable.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Their owner is too cheap to do that.