1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where’s our 2023 excitement room at?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brandon556211, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This team was bottom of the barrel at one point last year. But they battled and became formidable. They never were gonna win a Super Bowl but let’s be honest, they were a threat if they made it in.

Which brings me to my excitement for next year. I’m always negative I admit. The offense is very young. The defense needs help for sure. But we still have Watt, Minkah etc.

I dunno. As a kid I grew up with many Cowher years. And I never felt excited about next year. This year I do.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Im just excited to get to see another season of Matt Canada. Guy is an offensive genius to which the league has rarely seen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This year I called for his head every week in the game day threads. But I’m not in charge. Let’s see what they can do second year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I’m always excited about new seasons. Lots of hope and optimism before the reality of the season hits in October.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let's see what happens in fa and draft!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    In a dim light I read "excrement room". Sorry. :facepalm:

Otherwise, I'm always excited for the next season. Just re-watched 2009 SB vs AZ - what an amazing nerve wracking roller coaster that was - would have been devastating to have lost - as it was for AZ. Hats off to AZ for playing their hearts out. :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Brown Spots on Wall
    by
    Hu Fung Pu

Excitement Room?

This whole house here is full of excitement.

Yes at times, some rooms are more exciting

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Down the hall, last door on the right. The big one is the tub, so no excrement in that one please.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m excited about next season. I think it’s unlikely that we’ll surge to SB contention, but I expect us to take a step forward and get our young guys some postseason experience to help lay the groundwork for a big 2024 season. If we end up ahead of schedule…. Well, great.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That must be the room behind the bar where they heard all that screaming coming from - when they opened the door there was old Charlie sitting there yelling "Every time I flush the damn toilet it bites me". The bartender said - "Charlie you moron, you're sitting on the mop bucket again". :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    excited about 2023 football, yes.

excited about the Steelers chances? remains to be seen. lots of work to be done, LOTS. prediction is : most likely within a game in or out of the #7 seed again. #coachingmatters and we ain't got it here.....

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm excited for the season as well. Free agency, who will they retain, the Draft, Training Camp.

They need to take that next step in 23. A Post Season win at least. Like I said in another thread anything less to me would be a failure. Can't get to the playoffs and lose the 1st game in which would make them one and done for the FORTH TIME in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Offense needs to increase output of points. But, you can't play scared football, you can't worry about turning the ball over.
    The goal in todays NFL is you got go over 30 points, especially matched up against any other team than has high scoring fire power.

We have a hard time getting over 20.

The NFL has changed. Score lots of points, have your defense try to bail you out if you screw up.

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Defense has changed too. Its more about getting holding to FG's in the red zone and getting turnovers. QB pressure/sacks are super important too as they can put the offense into long down/distance (dangerous) situations, directly cause a turnover, or make the QB make a hurried/bad decision that can lead to more turnover worthy plays. 3 of the 4 teams that made the conference championship games had a +6 diff or better, meaning they made up half of the top 6 in the league (KC actually had a negative diff at -3)

This is why I actually think our defense is built to be a solid NFL defense that can compete with the great teams. We have the best pass rusher in the league (and a capable counterpart), a great all around DE that is also a pass rush threat, and the best ball hawk safety in the league. We can create turnovers. We just need to hold up in the red zone a bit better (we finished 2022 16th in RZ Opp. TD%). We match up well numbers wise defensively with the teams that competed for it all, but not at all offensively. If we can become an above average offense, there is no reason for us to not compete for titles in the near future.

Kansas City seems to fit the mold of all out offensive attack (they won the SB) and had below average RZ% and turnover diff but made up for it with the best offense in the league (leading the league in TD's, passing TD's and passing yards, 8th in rushing TD's). However the other 3 conference champ teams had great overall teams. I think its still possible for a team to be truly balanced offensively and defensively to win it all. The other teams all had at least decent RZ% (SF worst at 20th) and were elite in turnover diff.

KC + Cincy were all out passing attacks and SF and Philly were very balanced. There is more than one way to compete offensively. We just have to find our formula and make sure that we execute to get there.

18. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am excited for every season. We shall see what happens in free agency and the draft. Hopefully the team won't suffer any major injuries heading into the season. Injuries are probably the biggest factor that can derail a season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    highly unlikely, but hope springs eternal

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    losing TJ for a good part of the season probably kept us from 1 or 2 more wins, hence - the #7 seed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They paid the man for a reason. In one of the close losses early in the season and he might had made the difference. We will never know.

The only players that hold that kind of "guaranteed" influence are QB's.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, and a big part of that is winning enough in the regular season to either win the division and get a home game, or be the 5 seed and travel to the division champion with the worst record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Is that Benny when we win a game and there’s no reason to start 7 new complaint threads?

24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Either that or it's Benny trying to figure out what screen name he is going to use to start 7 new complaint threads.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You know the older I get the more time I spend in the excrement room. Not very exciting at all.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1