1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else about to throw in the towel on this season ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I mean we have been plaqued by injuries. Lost to bottom feeders in the league. Reason we still have a playoff chance is cause the teams we lost to are so bad their not even in arms reach of us. Even in Bill Cowher's worst seasons we never lost to this many bad teams. Im trying to remain optimistic but I just don't see us beating the Bengals the 2nd time around without Ike taylor. AJ green is averaging 113 yards on the road this season. Still hoping we win the Super Bowl but this teams needs to win the next three in convincing fashion.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why throw in the towel? Ay given Sunday... as shown by the Brows and the Chargers.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No.

No Ike has me worried but this team was playing well before Ben went down and can do that again. We'll see what they are made out of with how they respond against Dallas, another heartless performance like Sunday and you can just about put a bow on the season.

4. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    You forgot to add the Raiders and Tiitains. I don't think we have thrown in the towel but our team has.

5. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You just never know which Steeler team will show up. The potential of Big Ben in an offense loaded with speed continues to pique my interested. A healthy starting line of Starks-DD-Pouncey-Colon-Adams could be solid if it ever happens. We still have a great D, especially linebackers, to give us a chance. The Steelers could beat anyone if they are mostly injury-free.

However, they have continued to fall apart against weaker teams. This is driving me crazy! But I can't stop watching, whether its a well-oiled machine or a nasty train wreck...

6. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    let's beat the bungles and one between dallas and cleveland , then when we are in the playoffs we will regroup our forces and see what happen . to throw the towel there will be always time

7. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Go away. We dont allow band wagon fans here.

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I suppose it depends on your expectations.

If you only define success as going to or winning a SB, well, I think you can throw the towel in on that.

If success means winning a Playoff game or two, that's probably not looking good right now, but it ain't out of the question.

Making the playoffs? The odds of that are in their favor.

Going into the season I saw this team as being 9-7 or 10-6, maybe winning the division, but a playoff team. They'll probably do that. Anything above that is gravy.

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    till we lose my expectations is to win the superbowl , i know is a tough road but anything is possible ask the giants , right now my biggest worry is tomlin not able to right the ship

10. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

very typical of a member with 10 posts..as soon as i read it i thought bet the guy has 20 or less posts and just joined... BINGO

HINES

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh, come on guys. There's people with hundreds of posts who say the same thing. Be nice to a new member. :thumbs_up:

As for me throwing the towel...hell no...I'll be waving mine until my arm's tired. :herewego::rawk:

12. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah Baby..Sink or swim we are here till the end :yeehaw:

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :this!::herewego!:
    Not sure what he's thinking, 3 of last 7 Superbowl winners have been wildcards. Playoffs begin a new season.

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unbelievable lol. A band wagon fan? Please ignore this idiot.. as far as your question goes, I havent thrown in the towel but I can honestly say I'm not as excited to watch the games as I was in September.

15. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Beat the Bungles and we're in. And I don't see us losing to the Cowboys or Browns. We will bounce back after last week. 10-6 and ready to make a push to the Super Bowl.

16. SteelersWin!

Oct 29, 2011
    There is not a team in the AFC or league for that matter that we cannot beat.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What is more true is that there is not a team in the AFC or league for that matther that they cannot lose to.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Right! Lately it's been more like a knot in my stomach that says please do not suck @ss today.

19. SteelersWin!

Oct 29, 2011
    I was actually thinking that as I typed haha. But hopefully from now on we don't lose to anyone.

20. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    [video]http://www.cbssports.com/video/player?channel=nfl&pid=9N0W797gI0JX[/video]

21. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Last year the Giants where 7-6 and on a 4 game losing streak.... guess what happened next?
    NEVER GIVE UP!!!

22. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    conversely there is not a team in the AFC or league that we cannot lose to ... we have lost to 2 of the 3 worst teams....so i agree we can beat any team or lose to an team.. we are jeckyl and hyde..

HINES

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Or we are Heckle and Jeckyl

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even if we make the playoffs I see one and done like last season going on the road with too many injuries. The defense can't get sacks or cause turnovers.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    One of the best cartoons ever! "My he's a fat one" :lolol: