1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drama in Baltimore!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 16, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Let's not even think this. I would be so freaking pissed.

2. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    QBs Lamar, Huntley and rookie Anthony Brown are known as being able to run the ball. Would Mason fit in there?

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They are changing the offense Coordinator

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Rudolph would be a good fit with New England. BB could work wonders with him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He would be the 3rd string QB in New England behind Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Or the next Tom Brady. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Local news said the Ravens and Jackson are $100MM apart

Baltimore has said they will use the tag if need be

Jackson said he will consider sitting out

Crystal ball sees kidanalyst yelling pay the man and Jackson being LeVeon.2 after sitting out

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Business move. Most of us wouldn't understand it. Perhaps he thought being less was more also. No Lamar present, no distraction. Who knows??

9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    A former MVP is way better then decent. I'm curious what he would be if he had a top 10 wideout to go with that TE. I'm going to only assume you went with a descriptive of decent because it's hard for him to stay healthy and his availability makes him more of a concern then an asset. He's top 10 QB otherwise ...and close to top 5.

10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Upping the ante on these contracts is bad for the entire league. Once you start going down this road there's no going back for all of them. I was thinking this immediately when Dak was asking $35 mil back in the day from Dallas (which is basically less than bargain rate now for a slightly above avg QB). There's no way Dallas should have paid him that money then. He wasn't sniffing a SB then and he still hasn't, yet hes at mid $40s now (if not higher) because they restructured it. QBs like him who have never even been to a SB should never have been making much more then Tom Brady was....yet here we are. Market is going to be at minimum $45 for any QB considered Franchise worthy after awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Very good QB but I think organizations are weary at the moment of massive QB contacts. Cam newton was an mvp too, who cares.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    NFL.com had on its site today that the Ravens will most likely franchise Jackson. The tag will cost them around 47 million this season, let's see if he holds out or signs the tag.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I read somewhere once in an article about the cap league wide and it mentioned having a separate pay structure for QB’s, kinda of like two caps but it was more nuanced than that. Seemed like a good idea, wish I could recall more of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am still waiting to see where Greg Roman turns up. Unless he shows up in a college somewhere, I would bet that Lamar Jackson is not far behind in signing with whatever NFL team Roman goes to.

I am seeing some mention of Greg Roman being in Washington next year.

Could the Ravens, Tag and trade Lamar Jackson to Washington?

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    MVP only means You had a great regular season. Many of MVPs have done nothing their entire careers outside of that one MVP season. Hell the NFL has had MVPs that only had 3 winning seasons their entire careers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What in the world are you talking about?
    upload_2023-2-8_11-41-44.png

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well how about Cam Newton....3 winning seasons out of 11???
    Matt Ryan 5 winning seasons out of 16??? WOW!!! That's great. LoL
    How about 9 of that short list You showed that never ever won a SB, or do SBs only matter for the Steelers.
    Also I didn't know the NFL just started in 1989. LoL

18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Sometimes it has to do with the team they put around you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Actually after your comment I was expecting to see some 1 hit wonders; players who had won the MVP that I had never heard of. Like the Heisman; some of those winners never went on to do anything in the NFL. Even your "Duds" on this list had over 10 years in the league.

And, yes I did not go back to 1933 to see who was on the list, just the top section from Wiki.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So ....Dobbs has how many years in the league.
    All I'm getting at is the MVP is not the be all end all that You are a great player. Like some try to say. I would say never having won a SB, and not even having half Your career as a winner is proof.

21. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I took a peek at the Ravens message board to see what they were saying about Lamar. Instead a thread that caught my eye was one about a fight between Joey Porter and Ray Lewis in the parking lot after a game. Some Ravens players said they witnessed it but none gave any details about the fight. It was funny to see what the Ravens fans said about what they thought the outcome was. One said that Lewis would have torn apart Porter in less than 10 seconds. Another said that the only way Porter could have won was that 3 other Steelers jumped in to help him. The poster said that it would be the Steeler way to fight dirty lol. The fact of the matter is that if only other Raven players saw it and kept quiet about who won the fight, then that probably means that Joey kicked Ray's ass.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    If they franchise him they'll owe him something like 30 million right?

• Like Like x 1
  23. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    45 million

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Wow. Didn't realize it was that high. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    There can’t be enough drama over this to satisfy me. The more, the better. The absolute best case is for him to sit out part of a season, and then the Ravens blink and give him a mega deal that binds their cap for the next several years.

These two points sum up my view on Lamar:

1. the good- he’s dangerous enough that on any given Sunday he can blow up and have a great game (especially running), and is a killer of weak defenses in the regular season, BUT,

2. the bad: he’s still inadequate enough as a passer that I don’t think he’s capable of winning enough games in the postseason against better teams for the Ravens to be anything more than a playoff team that goes one and done, or two and done at best.

I wouldn’t want him on the Steelers on a large contract, that’s for sure. The “danger factor” will decline over time as he gets older and takes more and more hits. So far I’ve seen nothing to indicate that he’ll mature enough as a passer to be a great QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1