1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gruden

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting. He never even crossed my mind. Him and Tomlin coached together in Tampa, won the SB.

Tomlin loves these redemption stories too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yikes! Because we need some homophobic and racist controversy to drown out the fire Mike Tomlin noise...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That would be a way for him to sneak back into the NFL. As a "Special Advisor" and not listed as any kind of official coach on the Staff List.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    upload_2023-2-3_9-58-45.jpeg or upload_2023-2-3_9-59-20.jpeg :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Idk. Sometimes you just have to move on. One thing if he just had a bad head coaching experience, but his ego and demeanor were exhibited to the point I just want nothing to do with him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nahhh, No thanks. Never thought he was a great coach, more mediocre. He inherited Tony Dungee’s team and one of the best defenses in history to get his ring. Then in short order the team was trash. I knew he came back his teams would be good but not SB worthy.

Without knowing his behind the door stuff he was a great NFL personality and better for TV - in the realm of Cower-esc. He shoulda stayed where the gettin was good. Now he pissed both gigs away.

The Rooney’s don’t want or need his brand of bad smoke.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He wouldnt be head coach though. I dont known, I think that would be a heck of a coaching staff, some really good football minds all under one roof.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think Gruden will get another NFL job anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wouldn’t mind seeing that because Canada needs a lot of help and there is NO ONE currently on staff equipped to provide that. Bringing Gruden in would be interesting and we’d definitely have the coaching staff with the most alpha males, that’s for sure. What Gruden texted was absolutely reprehensible, but I guarantee you that if we took the emails and text messages of the NFL’s executive leadership, former players, analysts, etc. some of the stuff Gruden said would be tame in comparison. Would any of us want our texts and emails exposed to the world?

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Gruden doesn't need another NFL job. He's going to get rich with his lawsuit against the NFL. SOMEONE in the NFL front office released his e-mails, but not the ones to him or that he was responding to. That sounds like a hit job.
    They were trying to take the heat off Dan Snyder, And the NFL is going to settle bigly to keep a lot of crap out of the news. I'm sure Snyder wasn't the only owner involved.

11. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

If he only smacked women around, he'd be just missing games on the NFL.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'm fine with my texts and emails exposed to the world because I don't text or email racist and homophobic sh!t. This is literally the exact type of person the Rooney's would steer well clear of.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He's a scumbag.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a lot to say about the Gruden email scandal but the thread will go off the rails. I will say that Gruden taking the fall while not even employed by the NFL at the time while Dan Snyder skirts and nothing done about the toxic environment people worked under is more Goodell cover up bs while settling a score against a person that said mean things about him.

From strictly a football standpoint, Gruden is very knowledgeable and could help the Steelers. Probably will never happen though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Exactly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Or should he, just go away would be his wise choice. Think about
    it with these pro player, pro coaches with such a big ego. They have made enough
    money in their careers that they could surely do something else with their lives.

17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Neither do I, but I’d like to see some of the texts and emails of a few of the sanctimonious and self-righteous critics of Gruden who were all over the NFL Network and ESPN condemning him! He was singled out IMO. Let’s see the texts of those he was communicating with. The fact is Gruden is a darn good coach and if Rooney had a chance to bring him in he should consider it. I’m sure Gruden has learned his lesson.

18. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    There is no doubt some shady sh!t goes on with the NFL that involves more than Gruden but what it boils down to is did he send out the stuff he's accused of or didn't he? If he did, then he doesn't get a pass because the rest of the owners are shady. You know, two wrongs don't make a right blah blah blah.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Of course he was singled out. Of course the NFL brass is littered with racists, homophobes and good ole boys. Doesn't change what he said or who he is. I guess maybe I'm making more of a deal about this than I should. Fans look the other way with regards to despicable players all the time and I'm sure I've rooted for guys who have done less than savory things. I guess that makes me a hypocrite.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking. Ultra talented players get second (and third, and fourth, and fifth..) chances all the time, but an ultra talented coach who texted some stupid crap should be canceled forever? Gruden has had a long and storied career and not once has a player or coach ever registered a complaint about him being racist or anything else. In fact, several came to his defense after his texts were exposed. <snip>

*mod edit.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know and would love to elaborate but this isn’t the place.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I believe he is in isolation. I haven't seen anything about him lately. His days in the NFL I feel are over.

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    For those in the back...

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    How could anyone disagree that Jon Gruden is a scumbag.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep it football guys. Enough about Grudens character.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1