1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ben There, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks Kenny!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Much respect for this

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I give credit for Kenny for taking time of his schedule to brighten the kids days and I get that this happens all the time anymore because its the world we live in...

But I'd rather not hear about him going and not having a bunch of pictures about it.

You want to know how to do it. Do it how Troy Polamalu did it, randomly show up and make someone's day, and don't be photographed doing it.

But I get it, its all about promotion not just for the Steelers, Kenny Pickett, but for UPMC as well.

If some mom randomly puts a picture up of her and her sick child and Kenny Pickett then so be it, that's on her.

But when you have UPMC promoting Kenny Pickett and a good deed he is doing . It has the feels of being done for a wrong reasons for marketing and branding, and not out the kindness of the heart.

If your gonna do good will in life, feel the need to not be congratulated for doing it.

This is no way saying that Kenny doesn't care or is doing a bad thing. I just personally feel its about marketing for many parties.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This is what it's all about. Being part of the community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I get what you are saying, but seeing the screen after made me think its a bit more. if it was just a pitch for UPMC then yea, but its also UPMC Foundation...that type of thing not only brings interest for donations, but business..some if them with deep pockets reach out..because of Kenny. We live in a less than perfect world, sometimes those imperfections come in the form of 'doing good'.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Thumbs up to Kenny

Thumbs down to UPMC the slimy bunch of money hungry assholes they are

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    CEO made 17 million last year.. but of course they are non-profit...

I'll let you know who has the two nicest Luxury boxes at Acrisure Stadium.

One is UPMC the Other Highmark

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well Acrisure is the 8th largest insurance broker in the world. Highmark and UPMC can't do any business with Acrisure, correct?

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I've been laughing about non profits for about 30 years now while they laugh all the way to their banks. Just another part of this screwed up country that we live in. After getting my W-2's every year I'd say I'm a non profit as well.

Happy that Kenny did this though. These kids have a tough life and just maybe this can brighten their day just a bit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is well said

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with a bunch of this, but I bet You those Kids don't care why, or how it's done, and in the end ......that's all that matters. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm as non profit as they come. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    That's fantastic for Kenny doing this. The children have to love this.

Another story around children's hospitals is I have a friend who lives in Indy and he told me about Peyton Manning's work with the children's hospital there. He said Manning would visit off hours and bring the children gifts. He said Manning would come unannounced and didn't want news cameras there. I believe a wing was first named for him and now it's Peyton Manning Children Hospital. There was hope in Indy that he'd moved back there when he retired.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fame-induction-childrens-hospital/5516254001/

Peyton Manning will enter the Hall of Fame. For sick kids, he's already there.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you people realize UPMC made over 1 billion in profit as a non profit.
    Yet they pay their non professional people peanuts. They are a money grubbing
    Monopoly, People are getting shot and killed in PGH and Allegheny county every night and UPMC
    can't make a donation to City of PGH to hire more police officers. C'mon something needs to be done here.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Very true.

Did you ever watch John Wayne's version of the Alamo? In the first few minutes where we meet Davy Crockett and his Tennesseans, Frankie Avalon asks the Parson what he is praying for. He says the time and the place.

The time to live and the place to die. That's all any man gets. No more, no less.

Always sticks with me about moments like this. Do the most with the time you have because you never know.

• Like Like x 5
  19. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Thank you for this...expressed in such a thoughtful manner.

• Like Like x 1