1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drama in Baltimore!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Will that type of system even work with him not on a rookie deal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Technically, he resigned.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Lol. Like when BA retired from the steelers?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

And then went on to win a SB as a HC.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't be any of the smart ones.

6. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Our “D” wpulda kept us innit but,the bull**** play calling is too predictable, we coulda made it thru the first round but after that , i doubt it.certainly not keepin up with KC!

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jacksonville crappy offense kept up with Kansas City, they just had some turnovers that ruined their chance at an upset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Jvilles playbook is way thicker than ours! But i agree!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Falcons would be an easy fit since they had Mariota in their scheme last year. Atlanta is already set with not having any elite receivers to cry about getting the ball. And Kyle Pitts, who killed more than one of my fantasy teams this past season. may become a Mark Andrews-type player.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Kind of boggles the mind. Lamar has talent, but now you have to invest cap heavy on him alone and then try and build around that, not saying you cannot have some success, but the odds go down substantially. Looking at other QB's who have been shopped (by themselves or teams) and you need everything in place, or near there to get a very short window. Worked for the Bucs and Rams, and even the Broncs with a less than stellar Peyton. Paying Lamar the guaranteed money he supposedly wants just hamstrings the organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally agree. Once You invest that much cap on one player...it's pretty much over. Just think....if You can't put a good enough team around them on a rookie contract so You can win a SB....
    You will have to be extremely....extremely lucky to ever get close again after You pay a Qb guarantee big money.
    It almost makes You want to draft a Qb every 5 years. LoL

12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Its why i find the talk of extending Burrow on his 3rd year interesting, IDK cap well enough to understand, but I think it gives more years to prorate the bonus..which gives more cap space to keep the window open. They seemingly have a ton of cap space, but now starts the challenge of resigning and keeping that core.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm:hmm:
    Maybe that's the way to do it. :shrug:

14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Well the Bills did, now Allens real price kicks in and they are headed for cap hell lol. Do it while you can...then have fun watching your stars leave lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    They really only get one cheap year left on Burrow. The 5th-year option for Burrow will be around $30 million - still a bargain, but a lot more than he’s getting now and next season.

As for Jackson the Ravens are in a tough spot. I can’t see a lot of teams being willing to offer a lot for him in a trade - especially after the Wilson fiasco. Lamar just isn’t proven enough as a passer and as others have said, how many teams are willing and able to re-design their entire offense around him?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They’ll never let Burrow play on the 5th year option. He will be extended before that. That pain is coming sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m pretty sure that a signing bonus can only be prorated over 5 years, even if an extension is longer.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    How do you say no to Patrick Mahomes? AFC Championship game the last 5 years.

They definitely missed Hill this year, but that is what you get when you sign your QB to a $450 million contract for 10 years.

Right now with Mahomes, the Standard for the Chiefs is to play in the AFC Championship game every year.

I will give these teams a pass if they are offering one of these mega guaranteed contract if the player is under 30. It is when the player is on the other side of 30 and a team comes in with a 6 year contract that is more guaranteed than not; these are going to be the contracts that drag teams down when the player's abilities fall off a cliff because of age.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    That might be correct, however can other guaranteed money be prorated into the existing contract? If not I dont really see the advantage of signing someone early..except the price will likely balloon each year you wait.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    We saw the decline with Ben, the year before he was injured he had terrific stats, but then the arm went and it was painful to watch. The most amazing thing right now for me is Rodgers. Trade up and draft a QB, then not use him and sign Rodgers to a ridicules number, then watch as he holds you hostage once again. Tha talk on radio of trading him, I mean how?? Unless you find a way to eat a ton of his salary, I mean owners have a history of doing stupid things, but damn man they are in load of trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Almost the same with Burrow. This is only His 3rd year. 1st year got injured, 2nd year SB(lost), and 3rd year(so far) AFC Championship.

22. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Now there are two Pro Bowler players on the Ravens roster completing for the starting job :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just reading this probably made Scribe shudder

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Should be interesting down in the Charm city. LOL

25. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I was just thinking, watch Rudolph sign with Ravens and Harbaugh churn out another Pro Bowler