1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler offensive production second half

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RockyBleier, Jan 22, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude Allen is the one that's Hyped. Hell they Had Him as the most favorite for MVP, and the Bills the SB....all year.
    Sorry for jumping in on this comment.:thumbs_up:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No the one where Burrow couldnt mount a game winning SB drive. It was kind of sad actually for someone that you think is so amazing.

Man I don’t even stans for Jackson like you are for Burrow, you have tiger stripes on your lip dude, go wipe that off :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :bscow:. LoL. I hate the freaking Bengals. I just think Burrow is a great Qb. I hate KC, but I think Mahomes is the best Qb in the league. Right Now.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had him lower near the beginning of this season,, but I watched a lot of Bengals games this year due to me having Mixon on my fantasy teams. Burrow is more impressive than I realized. His stats back it up. So agree to disagree obviously.

I think Herbert is an absolute stud too. He's just really been handcuffed by terrible coaching and injuries to skill players.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get that. I'm just saying that even if you still put him below Allen, Burrow is still among the top three quarterbacks in the NFL already and any gap between him and Allen is very small. He was certainly the better quarterback on the field Sunday, though the way the rest of their respective teams played was a big part of that. Burrow may not have come through with the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl, but he was a huge part of the reason the Bengals played in one last year. He also completed 22 of 33 passes for 263 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions in that Super Bowl, which is damn impressive when you consider how poor his pass protection was against the Rams.

I really wish he wasn't that good. I'm just hoping the Bengals are stupid enough to try to get out of paying him properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I think Hurts needs to be in the conversation as well especially if they win it all this year to me it’s

Mahomes
    Burrow

Hurts (could be the system but man he is on point this season and unbelievably effective)
    Allen (super skilled but a turnover machine)

Herbert (feel like he is handcuffed by that crappy team and coaching)
    Lawerence (up and coming stud)
    Lamar (completely different style of QB)

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The turnover machine has thrown 4 more interceptions than Burrow over the last two seasons.

Allen:
    83 TD
    32 Int

Burrow:
    72 TD
    28 Int

How on earth do you have Hurts on Allens level. I mean I’m rooting for him to win the SB because it will drive STD mad but come on man, he’s not on Allens level. At least I can understand the Burrow comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Is he not the drone you're looking for?

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He looks like a little kid who got into daddy's humidor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nah

He’s one of those Iranian made models that don’t do much but are annoying

• Like Like x 1
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hurts has played as well or better than anyone this year. It started last year and he took huge steps forward this year. Like Allen, he can both run and sling it all over the field. I have Hurts in the 3rd tier with plenty of other very good QB's. He cane easily jump into a higher tier or fall into the tier with all the other average QB's next year. He needs to prove it for a bit longer.

I don't think people realize just how terrible Burrow's Oline has been for his entire career. Remember how poorly Mahomes played in the Superbowl when his line couldn't protect him? It's tough without a good Oline, but Burrow makes plays anyway. He's going to be a force for a long time

Tier 1

Mahomes
    Burrow

Tier 2

Allen
    Herbert
    Rodgers (not ready to drop him just yet, but very close)

Tier 3

Hurts
    Lamar Jackson
    Dak Prescott
    Trevor Lawrence
    Kyler Murray (he's on the verge of falling though)
    Deshaun Watson

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yeah He does now that You mention it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why are You leaving out Allens fumbles. In the last 3 years...J Allen has been in the top 3 every year in fumbles. Don't they count???

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn’t look up any of them. How many does he have?

Generally people think of Ints when talking about turnovers, especially when the conversation is about who the better passer is.

*edit: looked it up. He had 16 which is unacceptable, I wasn’t aware of that but his previous year he had 9 which isn’t bad for the amount he runs. That was only 4 more fumbles than Burrow.

He needs to secure the ball better than he did this season.

But as far as throwing the football, his Int rate is comparable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its a hard thing to assess. There's the more traditional crew and also the dual threat crew. Most of the traditional QBs can move a bit too. I would go as follows:

Traditional
    Mahomes - Best right now
    Burrow - Really good. Can go as far as his line allows him to.
    Herbert - If Herbert had Burrow's cast I think he could be better. But he doesn't, so here we are.
    Tua - Pre injury Tua was amazing. Still can be if he stays healthy;
    Rodgers - declining but there isn't anyone behind him that has proven that they are better
    Brady - same as Rodgers
    Lawrence - Have seen limited games but am not impressed enough to make him a top 10 guy. He's close though.
    Goff - Great bounce back. Kid can play.
    Prescott - Decent enough, but needs some more playoff success to push higher
    Carr - same as above. Will be on a new team next year

Dual Threat
    Allen - Best dual threat passer by a long shot.
    Hurts - Efficient and effective on both sides. Grew a lot as a passer this season.
    Lamar - Best pure playmaker with his feet. Still very suspect as a pure passer.
    Jones - Major strides this season. Most effective when used as a dual threat. Poor man's Josh Allen.
    Murray - Not quite the season he wanted after getting paid. Can be efficient on both sides, just needs to get healthy
    Fields - Excellent runner, not quite there as a passer. Doesn't help that he has few weapons and a bad OL. Can he take the next step like Hurts?

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Brady has dropped well below Rodgers. Rodgers is still playing at a high level.

Hurts growth from last season to this season was huge, he looked like trash last year. If Fields has that same kind of growth next season he will be lethal. The runs he was breaking off for TD’s were amazing.

17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    That’s why I call him the turnover machine it’s not just INTs the guy is reckless with the ball. The way Hurts is playing right now he’s 3 for me although it’s close.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I never put players that young in the conversation (Hurts)..., and I'm only putting Burrow in because He's already been to a SB, and now again a AFC Championship. Otherwise I would even be talking about Him.

19. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Yes, but you dare to point out defects in the Steelers product and that we aren't close to contending. This irritates those on this board with 16 year old birthday girl fragile mental states.

True fans call it like they see, not boast about how great we are and others just don't understand.

This isn't a cheerleader message board and giant tickle pile, though some on here would love that...sadly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I don’t know unlike Lamar Jaylen throws a pretty ball.

21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    It’s fine that some are more optimistic but to call others idiots for criticizing a team that has won 3 playoff games in 12 years!!! Think about that for a moment.

Steelers are young and Kenny showed promise but keeping Canada is exactly the problem with the outdated we do what we do thinking. Times change accept in Pittsburgh who wants to keep the clock in 1975 forever.

Im not saying you should change coaches every other year like crappy franchises but coaches do run their course believe it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think that elbow injury was bothering Allen more than he would admit, he was missing throws against the Bengals he normally makes.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody on here is saying this team is currently great, you don't know how quick they can turn it around either, they aren't paying a franchise QB it won't take long to contend IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually brought that injury up, and said that He was playing differently since then, but I got Blasted/laughed at about it on this very message board.....So....now after He loses....now some are saying He was hurt.:shrug:
    I can't win for losing. LoL:lolol:

25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You can’t catch a break on here. You are almost right as much as SDOT

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3