1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we waiting on Leftwich before we fire Canada?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 16, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i don't know i'm old and can't remember. it should be along though soon. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was on the side of getting rid of Canada. But I know the concern is having a second OC in Pickett's second year. Early on, having multiple OC in a young QB's career can definitely be detrimental to his development. As we all know Canada will be back. With that said, hopefully we see growth in Kenny's game and they start racking up the wins. If it is another subpar season of scoring, it is time for a new OC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I like wurst

And

Spicy mustard

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I know a place that sells the best wurst

• Like Like x 1
  5. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Where can i find this best wurst?
    I found giant shrimp Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's it called???

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Milk House Meats
    Beaver Falls PA

https://www.milkhousemeats.com/

Also excellent chorizo and andouille

Selection varies

Very good butcher shop

• Like Like x 3
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I love all three. I eat chorizo, pepper , and eggs quite often.

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unless…the existing OC sucks and the new OC knows what the crap he’s doing when it comes to offensive play design and gameplanning. I keep hearing all of this bunk about how bringing somebody new in would be bad for Kenny’s development. Hogwash! That would be the best thing in the world for Kenny’s overall development, bringing in a competent OC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Also Max’s Allegheny Tavern has 3 different types of wurst on the menu plus schnitzels
    North Side Pittsburgh near stadium

• Like Like x 1
  11. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Agreed! How can having someone better as a coach/coordinator/teacher/mentor be worst for the player??

• Like Like x 2
  12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well they assume the new coach will bring a whole new system with all new verbiage setting the QB back learning a new system .. Matts system seems so simple it was probably installed in a week .. I would like a Multiple Offense approach like San Fran .. They run some of the best plays from multiple types of attacks .. I mean lets get real these players are Pros they should be able to pick up new plays with no problem..

A great OC will look at film and find a weak spot and design and call plays that attack it ,this we do what we do crap is exactly that just crap .. For example the Eagles have the #1 passing Defense in the NFL so the plan for San Fran will be run and PA it makes no sense to call plays into the teeth of a Defense..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    running the ball makes sense for us with these two backs we have. kenny getting the full reps this season in camp will also allow him to grow and canada's system to grow. meyer and sullivan should be given the oppertunity to help design the run game with canada. pickens and austin should see added routes that they are more comfortable with this year as opposed to last year. sims, heyward and muth as well. i think the whole offense grows together. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If I was allowed to say more without getting a ban happy, I could really have you laughing

15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Lol you see that video of the girl saying, "my mom told me to get some Roy, sister sheery sauce"....

16. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Looks great
    No liverwurst though bummer.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :puking2:

My buddies dad would make sandwiches out of that and put ketchup on it

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No freaking way.....Liverwurst is best on rye with real mayonnaise, and raw onions. Now I wish I had some in the house.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I used to go to a hard core German bar in Pittsburgh in the 70’s spiked helmet and all behind the bar

One if the things I often ate but wasn’t on the menu was a cannibal sandwich

A golf ball size piece of raw ground meat spread around a piece of rye bread then pushed meat side down into a pile of chopped onions salt and pepper

Eaten open face

The raw meat was safe this place was written up as then being the cleanest bar in Pittsburgh and all meat was hand cut and trimmed

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I get what you are saying, and Canadas system does seem simple, but beyond that its the game plan (if one exists) and overall play calling. There is just no consistency or identity. Somethings start to gel, running game for instance, and he abandons it, or does not build off that with play action. It of course could be the fact of the system, but I think its on him..he is just a lousy schemer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sounds delicious. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think that again comes back to what the objective was. Are you trying to win games or trying to shield two new QB'S from making mistakes that can shatter their confidence. Ideally you want to do both but reality is you can't always have that. The goal of winning games makes the risk increase and reward decrease and that's not a good look. It looked like Canada was by design not flooding the middle both for Mitch and Kenny. The Baltimore game the one time Mitch tried multiple throws over the middle was disastrous. Bad throws, not seeing coverage and just not making good choices. Kenny didn't get calls for those passes until later in the season.

I'd like to know what the game plan and schemes are too. People are talking about the route tree being covered all the time and the receiver's not getting separation. What are they teaching them. You look at the Browns game and the pass DJ almost scored his TD on. He beats Ward initially and then Ward bails on him and settles into his shallow zone and starts watching so Kenny can't take off. The over the top guy shades over towards the sideline but is caught watching Kenny as well. The head scratching moment is that DJ stops and sits in that soft spot which isn't necessarily wrong but if he is still moving when the catch is made he will leave the two coverage guys flat footed. It just seems like a coachable moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1