1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler offensive production second half

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RockyBleier, Jan 22, 2023.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    People in the media his teammates. They do call him Joe Cool as well but like you said Montana had that first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Meh

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Good thing for him that Frazier is dead. He might get thumped for stealing a nickname!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only that but the SB last year with one last chance to lead his team to victory and be a real hero he wilted and went out with a whimper. 3 and out I believe.

He’s tremendously over hyped and he’s not in tier one. He’s not on Mahomes and Allens level. He’s tier two.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I didn't, but I gathered that from what I had seen from them. Also I heard J. Burrow talk about it way earlier in the season.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My source is My eyes, and J. Burrow also talked about it in a interview earlier in the year.....

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think because He chills with a cigar. :shrug:

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Only Mahomes is better. J. Allen is like a bunch of Qbs....all everything You would build a Qb with, but slow processing speed. I freaking hate the Bengals, but Burrow has accomplished more in High school, college, and the NFL than J. Allen, and in way less time. Hell Burrow took over a freaking joke franchise, and within 2 years changed it. J. Allen wasn't even good in his 1st 2 years. Now wait , and see how He looks now that the biggest part of His contract comes up....also His Wr Diggs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Frazier is a whole different sport. Just like people call Rodgers....A Rod....there was one in baseball already.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nicknames are nicknames. Would you call a QB "The Bambino"? Call Andy Dalton the "Flying Tomato" if he were to get airborne on a QB sneak?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. No. LoL

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I give you credit you are not that mindless drone

You are an entirely different one

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You’re freaking crazy dude. Slow processing, where do you even come up with that, like you would even know if that was true.

I can’t with you and QB’s especially running ones because you hate them.

14. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Did you watch the game yesterday??

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Im definitely not trying to get into a witty name calling contest with someone born in 1856. I concede.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I've seen a lot of both this year and I would put Burrow ahead of Allen. I think he's a much better passer, although Allen can open things up with his legs in a way that Burrow can't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    3 of the final 4 have rookie contracts still in place, though the 'niners is more of a fluke. I am not a cap expert at all, but looking at some of the enormous hits coming it will be interesting to see how this affects teams long term.
    Its been reported Cincy wants to extend Joe only after his 3rd year, at first I thought it was premature, but if they can extend the final 2 years into a longer deal then supposedly it will give more room to work out the bonus. The big issue they are going to have is fluid cash to put in escrow for huge bonus signings. Team value has little to do with cach on hand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It would suprise You to know where I came up with it. :shrug:
    Why are You upset???
    I said this year that right now J. Allen was the 3rd best Qb in the league.
    I will let You in on a little secret.....most Qbs run because they are not seeing the field well....this is from junior high on....the problem with most really great runners is...they are so great at it they never learn to progress much beyond that, and because before the NFL.... coaches aren't with their Qbs longer than a few years ....they just do what they can with them to win. Hell it's got to where they aren't even looking in lower parts of football(PW, JH, HS) for a real read the field Qb....because they can win at those levels with the most athletic guy on the team that still can throw. These are facts.....Yet some think that a guy can play a certain way from PW till college, and all of a sudden change after they get in the NFL. LoL.
    I've only seen it done 3 times in all the times I've watched football.....S. Young, S. McNair, and R. Wilson......., and one of them was forced to because of injuries. Still I give Him credit. Now You can believe what you want. I'm cool with that...., but know this...J.Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Hurts....don't even finish that KC/Jacksonville game let alone win it like Mahomes did....on one foot. :thumbs_up:

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wait until they have to pay Burrow and Chase, I'm not worried about them winning the division the Steelers just need to get into the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t. I’ve seen Allen make plays this year that are just next level **** just eye popping throws, which is why I have him and Mahomes in a tier by themselves.

It’s not being upset, it’s being mystified :lolol: You say things that can’t be quantified. You have no idea his processing speed, you don’t but I tell you this, you’re not as great as a QB as he is if you process slow. You also mischaracterize him, he doesn’t run for the sake of running, they are designed runs. When you have a guy that can kill you with his arm and legs, you take advantage of that.

I have no problem with anyone saying Mahomes is number one, I go back and forth on it but in the end I agree he’s the best but like I said to Shaner, Allen just makes some really incredible throws.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK :shrug:

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah did you watch the SB?

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You mean the one J. Allen with His awesome throws hasn't seen in what 5 years now. LoL :duel:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is not correct. He started the drive with passes of 17 and nine yards, then threw incomplete on second down. The Bengals couldn't run for a yard on third-and-one, then Donald got to him to force the incompletion on fourth down.

Burrow is right there with Allen. Maybe he hasn't passed him yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did so very soon. He was certainly better Sunday, though part of that was the play of the team around him, too.

At worst, he is the third-best quarterback in the league already in his third season. Seriously, who would you put ahead of him other than Mahomes and maybe Allen?

Sometimes, you have to look past the spectacular plays to see the total package.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah thats right, I just remember it fizzled pretty quickly.

I’m not there yet on Burrow, it’s still Mahomes an Allen for me. It’s not like I am saying Burrow sucks, I have him in teir two, he just doesn’t wow me like the other two guys. I feel he is a media darling being hyped up a little to much.

• Like Like x 1