1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brandon556211, Jan 21, 2023.

1. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    This is true. They are rabidly loyal to their team. The main annoyance I have with Brown's fans is their idea that somehow the Steelers are the recipients of intentional or subconscious bias from the NFL and NFL officiating. Although, if you lose and lose and lose and lose and then lose some more to a team...I can see how you might develop this complex. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    For exactly why @Steel_Elvis said.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Come on man, that rich robust flavor, do your thirst a favor! Bring it on..!!!lol

4. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Agree. I once passed this fan converted bus on I-75 South when I was driving down into Florida. It wasn't hauling the little trailer. That's like an open cooking area at the back.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just threw up in My mouth.

6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    They can but that tag is 45 plus million this year, then 120% so you are adding at least another 55 million. So 100 million, possibly more thats as much as Aaron and Watson will count against the CAP. Yes it can probably be done for one year, but it really limits any real building. Right now they have 30 plus million, they restructure just to get a tag and rookies in??? They hold the tag, but Lamar doesn't have to sign, and if he does he can find ways to be hurt all year. I know he wont do that, but its a dicey negotiation for both.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You're thinking the Steelers' way of doing business.

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I appreciate Cleveland like a big crap..sure it might have felt good but at the end of the day, it is still just foul smelling waste

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No, I'm thinking of the NFL way of doing business.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Except that you were calling out the fans that wanted to sign him when no one at that time knew what Cleveland was going to give up to get him.

He’s a tremendous talent but I wouldnt give up/pay what Cleveland did for any QB.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well...I dang sure knew it wasn't going to be for free.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No one expected that price. Lying through their teeth if they say otherwise.

Cleveland are morons.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well You ,and I both knew it would be draft picks, and a new contract. No Qb is worth that. You automatically cripple Your team. You basically are saying.....OK....I must win a SB in two years....because the rest of the contract sees us as a suck team.

14. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Somehow 99% of the NFL is looking for a franchise QB and willing to break the bank once they find him, yet the 49ers could care less who plays QB.
    And yet no one is trying to copy the Niners methodology? Or maybe the ravens want to but are being handcuffed by public perception and feeling forced to give Lamar a bigger contract than they feel he deserves.

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What did Watson win when he was in Houston? I’ve just never been that impressed with Watson at the NFL level. He flashes at times but I don’t think he’s performed consistently enough. He dang sure isn’t worth $230 million guaranteed and the Brahns are INSANE for paying him that.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So then Marino wasnt very good by this logic.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t believe Houston was going to get very much until Cleveland jumped in. Everyone else knew they had Houston by the balls.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well we knew they would get at least a couple of picks.....plus You would have to sign Him to a new contract. It's just My opinion....No Qb is worth that.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends on the package. Watson should have been able to been obtained for less than what Stafford cost, two first rd picks and a 3rd round and then led them to a SB.

Bet you the Rams and their fans think it was worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed, but I wouldn't. I don't want to win a SB just to suck afterwards. That just Me. Also if they didn't win within the first two years.....they do all that just to suck.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Have to see how they bounce back from this season and if Stafford can stay healthy.

SB hangovers are nothing new though. We won what, like 5 games the following year after Bens first.

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Surely you’re not putting Watson in the same league as Marino. Marino was a consistent quarterback, game in game out. Watson hasn’t been. He’s definitely not the leader that Marino was. Marino did make it to a Super Bowl. Watson will never sniff one…calling it now.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We won 8 games.
    I believe they said the Rams had the worst season after winning a SB ever. I don't know that for a fact, but I did hear them talk about that on tv.

24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Which is going to be the fun part of watching the Lamar drama unfold. The Ravens might have to unload a boat to keep him, but might ask a host more to send him away. Read an article today (just writer crap) that had Atlanta sending their 2 CB's, 2 first rounders (thats like number 5 this year), plus a 2nd or 3rd. Thats all fantasy crap, but fun to speculate. Of course Lamar has to agree to even show up in a new town, then work out the numbers he wants. I really dont want the Ravens to get that kind of capitol, but it might be fun to watch this as it works out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Lamar is a ME player and is destined to go the way of other ME players throughout the history of the league. We’ve seen that from a couple of players on the Steelers in the not too distant past and Lamar will suffer the same fate if he starts playing games with the franchise tag which I think he’s prone to do. Why should the Rats back up the Brinks truck to his door? He’s missed significant time due to various leg injuries which is most concerning given that his legs are his greatest weapon. You are correct though, it will be great fun watching this train wreck unfold.