1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning for the future

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrock151, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What to do with Chux??? I hope they restructure his deal and perhaps give him an extension to bring dahn this cap hit. I don't think he's worth 2X's Cole, and 3m or 4M more than Daniels. Cutting him would save 13m with a dead cap of 6m. I personally would like to keep Chux, just not at that cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Because 1 play defines a career. You're probably one of those guys who still uses counting stats in baseball.

:facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    No, just thought Pounce would play better all along, especially after Munchak left I really hoped Pounce would step up but the whole front line started downward spiral.

4. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016

That's not what you said though. There you go then, the whole line started a downward spiral, but let's hate on Pouncey...

5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    He was the center

6. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    And?

7. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Pouncey and DD started showing signs of aging in the NFL. Both had some injuries and wear and tear. The front office was slow to find replacements and when they were done the cupboard was bare. Pouncey I thought he looked lighter in his last few yrs and it was obvious he was getting pushed back a lot especially against large NG. Then they reached for a guard who had played some center. I am all in favor of if the guy they wanted isn't there then next best available, they have reached way too many times and can't think of one that turned out. Wasting draft picks hurts a team more than anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Consistency was one of the things that caused the group to keep getting better

Since I think most agree we need to start from the left side cutting or replacing 3 players would seem to be a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Agree... an extension is the best case solution to lower his cap hit.