1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kordell on picket/canada

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You say that as if the goal when they made changes back then was for the next guy to suck. Of course, it was not, which is why the comparison is apples to apples.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think anybody was claiming that he was the Steelers' worst quarterback ever, so that is a straw man. Hell, anybody who would remember Stewart would also remember Kent Graham. 'Nuff said.

Stewart was good in 1997 and 2001, but either missed too much time or played poorly otherwise. He threw more interceptions than touchdowns in his career. Part of the problem was that the Steelers didn't adapt their offense to his strengths, but he had some serious flaws. The guy had a terrible pocket presence. He just had no feel at all for the pass rush around him. He was dangerous as a runner, but I don't remember him buying time to throw with his mobility all that often. You can make an argument for him being the team's best quarterback after Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, but that's mostly because the competition for that distinction isn't very distinguished.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't get the hate either...I still own a K. Jersey, but I don't get the unreasonable stuff that it was everyone's fault than K. Stewart's either. There is a happy medium. Also You have got to be kidding Me about not understanding the hate. There are people on Here that give more Hate to Ben than Kordell. I can give You 7 names. LoL

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Id have to think Neil O was better than Kordell but it could be close

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Oh snap

The OL' LIST Thing.

Do it! Post it!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Lets say your kid is acing all classes in school to the point the current teachers in the public school can't teach him anything new... do you keep him in that school cause the kid is familiar with the teachers, or do you move him to a school so he can get ahead in life?

I don't see how having an inferior and below average OC is actually good for anyone, especially KFP.

If there are two football summer camps, one run by Canada, the other run by Haley, which one would you put your son in? Be honest...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I can make that argument, too, but some people here will lose their **** if anything positive is written about him. :)

8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Cowher had no idea how to use a QB like Kordell, frankly, no one really did in the 90's and early 2000's. Vick was drafted in 2001 and even he wasn't used correctly. Put prime Kordell in the NFL today and he is a superstar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe. He was a flawed passer with no pocket presence, but at least some current NFL offenses would have taken better advantage of his skill as a runner.

10. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016

Who does leave the Steelers have any success?

Very few and far between.

11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Mike Vrabel to the Pats
    Chad Brown to Seattle
    Rod Woodson to the Ravens
    Kevin Greene to the Panthers
    Hardy Nickerson
    Javon Hargrave
    Emmanual Sanders
    Nate Washington

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    And how many have flopped?

We just got a virtual 1st rounder for Claypool.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    This take from Kordell is very interesting. Since Canada is back no matter what, it gives me a reason to be hopeful that it was a better decision than I or most in here thought.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    There are more that have succeeded as on any teams the flops will probably outnumber the successes. The Steelers have had their share of those that ha e succeeded elsewhere

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well Woodson doesn't count He changed positions to be good again(which We asked Him to do)...He was not very good at CB after He left. Nate, and Vrabel were not even starters Here...So .....should that even count???
    Kevin Greene wasn't a Steeler really, but a mercenary....So...:shrug:
    I give You the rest....so still not very many....No???

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    No. Come on man. The premise put forth was that the Steelers didn't have many that left here and were still good players. Those guys were all very good players. Mercenary? That's kind of a huge stretch. He was very good even after he left. Doesn't matter if they weren't starters. They all excelled after leaving the Steelers. C'mon man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was a mercenary. He didn't even play half of His career as a Steeler. These are just My opinions. I do believe You have to judge it as starter, and not. Not our fault they had so many good players ahead of them. JMO :thumbs_up:

18. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    Mike Wallace disapeared without a trace, Leveon Bell may as well have retired, and Brown was a complete disaster for Raiders.

19. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand, what kordell was saying, but those OC were way better then Canada

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I never mentioned those player's

21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Ok man. Whatever you say

22. Trafalgar

Sep 26, 2016
    So what?

They were epic disasters for their new teams.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. It is comical to argue that Woodson, Greene, and Vrabel don't count. The question was about guys who were good players after they left. All of those guys were good after leaving the Steelers.

The Vrabel argument is the one that is truly odd. If anything, it reflects poorly on the Steelers that they weren't able to figure out how to get more use out of him. Sure, he was stuck behind two good outside linebackers, but the Patriots played him inside, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wallace had 930 yards the year after he left and later had a 1,000-yard season with the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Woodson was also very good at the CB position for two more years after he left here. Letting Woodson go was one of their worst moves ever. But they weren’t keeping any free agents then, it was always mass defection every year.

• Agree Agree x 1