1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Standard are so low for the steelers now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Yeah, it was a while back. Was a PSA commercial.
    Somewhat applicable here, due to the intolerance for Canada and ownership. :hehehe:

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My secretary once made note that I always took a vacation day after home games

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Bye then. We don't need no fair-weather fans. A joke since 2016? even if that's true how long would you have lasted as a Lions, Jets or Clowns fan? they're like 30-40 year long jokes...

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I love doing 25 plays and taking up 10 minutes to get a field goal :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    As long as there are butts in the stands to cheer Mikey T and his record on, being content with squeaking into a wild card and watching your team get there asses handed to them while we continue to not win playoff games then this is what you will have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet people are breaking their necks to congratulate the Cowboys/Dak/McCarthy for beating one of those teams in the playoffs. :shrug:

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner. Context people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mine have been ....concerts, and Steelers loses. There was a time they knew I was taking a vacation day if the Steelers lost. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Let it go bro

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    THIS is the PLAN!

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No. LoL.

12. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    We must be playing the 85 Bears every week.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not just the wins, Pickett showed some progress he only threw one interception after the bye week, FYI a win against a winning team counts the same as a win against a losing team :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Nobody on this forum likes to have mediocre team. Except the Rooney’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    At first I was a little upset, just O alone just seems more college than Pro, plus the play calling is at times stale and mind boggling. Even when Kenny and the O seemed to be maturing and moving in the latter part of the season, there just was not a full game where you said, yes I get it.

That said I also see a vast schism taking place, IDK if its change, lack of talent to really bring about the 'exciting O's" (there are really only so many exceptional QB's and WR's available). Its a vast generalization, but as of today there were 9 or 10 O coordinator jobs open in a 32 team league. I have no idea if that is a record, and many of those guys who were fired or resigned will find work elsewhere. The standard Steeler way of letting a coach work through his contract is not what i see here. I think its as much as what you stated at the end...Young QB, and the youngest O in the league. They know this is more than just a Retool, it is a rebuild..at least at the most important position on the team..or at least the O. The guy grew a lot in the last part of the season, the 2nd year is often the pivotal year in that journey. We will see of its the same old, or if they bring in assistants to further define..think of a Flores on O.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Tell me you wouldn't take a playoff win for the Steelers this year...

• Like Like x 1
  18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Even if you did have the super duper defense, the NFL doesnt allow you to play defense anymore. The NFL is Arena Football League with a bigger field now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It's his team and he is free to do with as he pleases. We are just fans. If we don't like the product, stop buying it. Owners are businessmen first and foremost.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I thought I was the only one. This was the first season that I can ever remember not following every bit of news about the Steelers. I even skipped watching games to go grocery shopping and I never skip games. I think another reason I was somewhat disinterested is because the NFL has become so watered down that it is almost unrecognizable. Flagging players for tackling QBs and for helmets touching a WRs helmet is just ridiculous and unwatchable. For God sakes the NFL should be renamed the National Flag League.

21. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think context is needed here. The stars of this offense just finished their rookie and 2nd year. Even the OL is fairly young with Daniels being the oldest at 26. DJ, the most tenured offensive player, just finished his 4th year. I totally support getting rid of Canada based upon his ****ty route tree in general. These kids are still learning how to play and win in this league. Expecting 27 ppg, even with a top flight oc, would be unreasonable expectations. Gimme league average or slightly above it next season and continue to grow from there.

Yea I also recognize this team hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years. I'm more disappointed in the lack of playoff success under the years with Haley as OC than the ]ast 4-5 years considering the year Ben was out, then the two years with pedestrian Ben and now this past year with a rookie QB. Again context matters.

This isn't in support of Tomlin or anyone. I'm personally ok with a fresh perspective and fresh ideas. You're just not going to get anywhere with subpar QB play and that's what we've seen the past 4 years.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Considering that I know Ben personally, I have to say that Ben does understand those things. There's so much one can say in an individual tweet.

23. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    At best, I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    If it were the 75 Steelers playing them, we could slug it out.
    Else, like a lot of teams, not much success.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a pretty big jump after the bye week. With their defense even just another 5 points would put them in position to compete.

We got a glimpse of what they want to do with Pickett when he took over, Canada just tried to do it too fast, Kenny had to learn so Tomlin pumped the brakes and told Canada to go more ball control offense.

Next season I bet they open it up more and they will get those chunk plays that Pickett was saying they need to add.

It’s not as hopeless as people are making it out to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1