1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Standard are so low for the steelers now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

I mean, it's not acceptable to keep an OC after being in the bottom 10 in offense in the last two years....Yes they have been a little better in the last 2 months but that's because they have been so bad in 2021 and in the first two months of this year and even though they have been a bit better, the steelers still had an awful game in offense against the raiders (a very poor offensive team) not too long ago

Only 2 games I think the Steelers had a great game on offense this year. First half against the Bengals in the second game against them and the last game against the Browns....And that's enough to keep Canada, why ?...Because either the steelers are just happy to just fight for the 7th seed or they are too cheap to fire a coach...The standard is 9 or 10 wins with a first round exit now.5 of the 6 teams who have won a playoffs game have score 31 points.The steelers are just happy with 20(their average in the last 9 games).

Rant over!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree with everything you said and the thing that pisses me off more then anything is that nothing will be done to Tomlin and he will not be held accountable if he misses the playoffs again and doesn’t win a playoff game for 7 years next season. I just don’t understand what is going on over there with this team and why nobody’s ass is held accountable and why this team can’t change the way they think because what you’re doing now isn’t working. Yes they are competitive every year until the end of the season but at some point that isn’t good enough.

I wanna be competing for division titles and homefield advantage and spots in the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl. That’s my bar and by bringing Canada back and thinking things will get better and you will be able to compete with the Chiefs,Bills, and Bengals in the AFC is a complete joke. When will Mike Tomlin be held accountable for this Steelers team not winning playoff games. What the **** is going to take for Rooney or somebody there to put his ass on the hot seat once and for all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah you get tight low scoring close games with bad teams, good teams will just blow us out lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I advise the ticket holder to not pay the big ticket price to watch the steelers in 2023.... They deserve an half empty stadium for that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    This. If this is how Tomlin feels, the game has completely passed him by.

We don't have the super duper defenses of the 70's, 90's or 2004-2008. Buffalo, Cincinnati, KC, etc will run circles around us.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    They bring him back then I’m done as a fan. This organization has been a joke since 2016. Art runs this organization like a transaction vs a football team. Fk em I’m done.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    *Wow*

Nobody wants to lose.
    Nobody builds to be .500
    Everybody wants to win the Super Bowl.

You can approach season hap-hazaardly as Washington, Houston, and some others regularly do and still loose.
    or
    You can use a measured approach as others do.

I have little doubt that Tomlin is comfortable AT ALL regarding an offense that is ranked so low.
    But a standout OC needs to be first identified and available and be able to work with our GM and Tomlin.
    Of course, this potential OC also needs to want to work here.

The Steelers have never worked through the media.
    For all we know, they are on the phone all day making calls and talking.
    Or maybe they wait post Super Bowl.

Also, we bellyache about the OC. Blame is easy for QB's and coaches..
    We don't know if it is execution, bad players, dumb players, or really good defenses.
    But I will say Canada is sort of not on anybody's short list of OC's.
    I think the Steelers are gauging interests and looking for possibilities.
    Sure, I would have fired Canada on the way to the tunnel after the final whistle. I'm an @**hole.

They have to figure out how to best work with Kenny
    And what's best for the team.
    I would rob one of those QB friendly systems.. maybe that is what they are going to do.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Really folks it's not a surprise The Happy College Trickster is coming back.

Rumor has it they are going to strive to be 24th in offense next season. Baby steps, baby steps :facepalm:

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i told you all 2-3 years ago, THIS Rooney is not the same as the old Rooney's

it is not rocket science.

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i gave up earlier than now. played golf in Sept / Oct, caught games recorded. NOT WORTH THE TIME OF DAY, this half- assed half- hearted attempt to win.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Whining about Canada at OC is about as futile as whining about Tomlin at HC. It's pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bye Felicia!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    "String 'em up, it'll teach 'em a lesson"

Also an Age test

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Music

Steel Music Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018
    We are now the Marvin Lewis era Cincinnati Bengals folks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    ouch

18. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    aieee hearing the Canada news is like enduring a whole pirate season.:puking2::puking 5::puking 3::puking 4::zombie::noose:

19. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    So even though I'm not thrilled with the Steelers bringing Canada back either, i think it was pretty obvious what they were going to do when they didnt fire him immediately after the season ended so we really should have been prepared for this by now mentally and emotionally. What i want to know is who was this sure fire, guru OC that you thought was out there that would have made it worth reversing KPs progress and restarting him all over again?? Much more so a head coach that could bring the Steelers up to this standard youre talking about??

ranting without logical solutions is just being a huge cry baby to me. You're not a toddler anymore that always gets his way. You're a grown person that should know how the world really works by now and should know how, or be learning to adapt. Modern day free agency, and dumb GMs/owners setting the market with ridiculous contracts that have to get under a salary cap, and the NFLs desire for parity will make sure your pleas for complete dominance remain a pipe dream. You're never getting back to the 70s Steelers. The likelihood you'll see organizations dominate for a decade is over with....

Every team gets this little short 4-5 year window now to get it right and then they are pushed back down to the middle or bottom of the pile...unless they sell out and say f all them 1st rd draft picks like the Rams did. The Steelers brass know enough that they don't want to upset the apple cart if it's not going to greatly improve their chances and no one knows of any OC currently outstanding that would have prevented that from happening. It's just one more season you will have to endure. You know this is make it or break it for Canada (and possibly even KP also as far as I'm concerned ) so there is relief in that sense.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I will renew my season ticket the day I get the invoice

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh thank you

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I keep seeing this claim voiced by several fans and I’m just wondering which team you have been following the last 10 years.

Coordinators the Steelers have move on from:

Arians
    LeBeau
    Haley
    Butler
    Fichtner

Not to mention a number of positional coaches.

Or is it just fans making up a fake narrative because they are pissy the team didn’t do what they wanted in this instance. Thats rhetorical.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    They’re not. On to the next thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Josh Rowntree has a tight. low scoring brain. What an Assinine comment. This stuff is beyond stupid.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2