1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Drama in Baltimore!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

Many players are unhappy and if you include Lamar Jackson's situation and his contract, it's just a matter of time before the Ravens implode, much like the Steelers at the end of the Killer B's era.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just read that and I’m loving every bit of the Baltimore Browns drama! Now the Rats need to do the right thing and give Lamar his money. $250 million guaranteed is a bargain! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It blows my mind how often players say detrimental things about their team and get away with it. We've had our own guys, Ben included. it seems to be tolerated in the NFL and NBA for whatever reason.

Lamar wasn't even at the game supporting his teammates. He turned his back on them. Huntley could very well be the guy next year and he's got his own teammates bashing him. If I'm Harbaugh I let Dobbins know if he wants to be a starting player next year that he publicly apologizes and makes up some BS excuse how he didn't intend what he said.

I also rip Lamar, privately, for not being at the game. I'd probably move on from him altogether, but I also would have dumped Ben, AB, and any other player that creates controversy. I don't believe in tolerating that ****

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree but when a player becomes a Steeler I tend to overlook a lot of the BS. This is great news to me. More drama = more problems. And I hope it benefits our boys.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Do the players know if Lamar gets paid that contract, management will have to rob Peter to pay Paul...and the rest of the team is Peter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Dobbins just 'friended' QB Huntley

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Actually your Peter is the Baltimore WRs and Lamar does not need high priced talented WRs, because he can't use them.

Lamar needs RBs and TEs to run his offense; talented WRs are just wasted in his offense. Last year I couldn't understand why Baltimore would ship Brown to Arizona. and then not draft a WR but add another TE in the Draft. Watching their offense you realize with Lamar at the helm an expensive WR is a waste, because he can't make the quick throws to the outside. RBs and TEs are cheap compared to WRs, so they can use the money they are saving to afford Jackson. In 2022 no WR on Baltimore's team had more than 50 receptions and that is the STANDARD in Baltimore.

The old expression is you have to go with what works. And Baltimore has built their team around Jackson, so they need to pay the man, or get ready for a complete rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    The cap does go up each year. Maybe they're counting on a nice increase in the cap?

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He ain't wrong. Rats are out of the playoffs cause they trusted Huntley on a 2 yard reach over the top and extend the ball QB sneak. Had they pounded the rock with a FB and Dobbins there's probably a 99% chance they are moving on to the next round. Bengals got lucky and now they are all thinking they're unbeatable once again.

BTW. Glad the Rats are sitting home over another stupid Hair Brainless call.

Go Bills!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Its the same with the Bills though, the 'gals OL is decimated, but Burrows was sacked alot during that run to the SB. Allen throws ints. and fumbles a lot. They both were close to being eliminated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Sad thing is the Steelers could have probably gave both teams a run for their money. They were playing that well at the end of the season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They were playing better down the stretch but I think you're over estimating since they were barely beating teams well under .500. Not trying to rain on your parade, but these guys would have gotten tuned up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Miami kept the game close against Buffalo with a scrub third string QB, Josh Allen has been a turnover machine lately, I'm not saying Pittsburgh would've won but they could've made it a competitive game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not like Lamar had recent ACL surgery, I could understand if he skipped a regular season game if he had to, but to not even show up for a playoff game is weak.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well somehow people are praising Dallas, Dak,and McCarthy for beating a Tampa Bay team that We beat with a Rookie Qb, and No TJ Watt, and when We beat them everyone said it's because Tampa sucks, but now it's a great win by Dallas?????:shrug:

16. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh come on man, Dallas ran 3 TDs on the bucs by half and was pitching a shutout. That game was over at halftime and Dallas dominated from the beginning. It's great that Steelers beat the bucs, and remember, Pickett went down with the concussion in the 3rd qtr and was sitting at a whopping 67 yards on 11/18 passing. Not stellar and I wouldn't say our rookie QB won that game. Thank Mitch, Heyward, and Claypool for mustering what offense we had in the 2nd half to win by a nose. I don't think you're comparing apples to apples. TB does suck and is the worst team in the playoffs only because the NFC South sucks ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Win is a win.
    I believe our rookie had a td. Dak is the oldest Qb in the freaking playoffs now 29, or 30. He gets credit for beating a Tampa team, but our Rookie doesn't???
    No matter what. Dallas is getting hailed for beating a team that We got laughed at for beating.
    I don't care points . Win is a win...is a win.

18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Again, Pickett had 1 good drive in the game and a whole lot of WTF before he went down in the 3rd qtr with 67 yds. Mitch's numbers and play were way better. Dak completely owned the buccos last night and it wasn't even close and never in doubt. He had 189 yds, 2 TDs on 15/20 passing plus a running TD in the 1st half alone. That is the way it should have been for the cowboys. Aside from the fact that both steelers and cowgirls got the W against the bucs, that is where the similarities end. No comparison between the two games AFAIC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I can say is one is getting hype for beating a under 500 team...while the other got laughed at for doing it. We shall have to agree to disagree.
    You skipped the part about McCarthy getting praise for doing it with a complete team, and the oldest Qb left in the playoffs(dak), but Tomlin got laughed at for doing it with Pickett/Trubisky, and No TJ Watt.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I thought it was a great win for the Steelers when they beat the Brady bucs back in October. We were definitely the underdogs.

I hate that I sound like I'm defending the cowgirls - how disgusting! But, they did just win a road playoff WC game against a division winner with the GOAT under center. The last time they did it was 30+ years ago. I think they deserve a little credit.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ravens are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

They either pony up 250 million guaranteed, effectively crippling their team of they go back to the drawing board looking for a new QB.

I’m good either way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really can't see anyone giving up 250 million guaranteed. That's more than D. Watson, and the Browns were desperate. Nobody else was offering Him that money.
    That would be like if We paid Watt 150 million guaranteed. Every other team would be like....Wow they are stupid. It doesn't mean the next LB would get 160 million guaranteed.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well they fired OC Greg Roman so....this probably means they are done with the Lamar project.

24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    In the end they will sign Lamar. Probably for a little less than he wants and a lot more than they wanted to spend but really they're left with no choice. I remember the years the Steelers didn't have a good QB very well. While Lamar is not a great QB he is certainly decent. So there you have it. They can franchise him but I'm not sure what the cost of that would be. However when all is said and done they will sign him.

25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If he's through in Baltimore I wonder how many teams are willing to completely revamp their system to suit him. Maybe the Falcons, Panthers, Colts?

• Winner Winner x 1