1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DK on Edmunds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    and go after his brother

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He didn't play all that well this year

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

not sure about the 'and' - but yes, go after his brother.

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    plenty of players in the league that had down years that we as fans would take in a heartbeat.

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If Edmonds takes another one year deal i'm in. His brother is going to get paid so I can't see him signing here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    STD seeing this thread

upload_2023-1-17_9-56-9.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 14
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    DK, and Edmunds are friends. DK has stuck up for Edmunds always. He always has, and always will. Means nothing. We have argued before about Edmunds. I told Him....He is probably a awesome Guy, but that doesn't make Him a Awesome player. People, players, and writers did the same with Kordell.....Why ....because He was probably a great Dude...it did not make Him a great Qb, and they pretty much forgot about Him when We got a real Qb.

If You people want to keep a SS...that the rest of the league didn't want....because somehow we shouldn't want Allstars at every position....that's up to You, but stop making excuses for Him. The NFL GMs, and Coaches showed what they thought about Him. That's why He came crawling back for peanuts, and potato chips.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude I wish I had technology-based skills, because I would make a video for everyone that would make You sick. All I have to say is....please please....just take any game.....Hell take the game anyone says is His best game, and just watch Edmunds. I promise people will not say these things if they actually did that. There are many times He doesn't even know where the play is going....even after it's crossed the line of scrimmage.
    People act like I hate the Man. Hell I was actually glad when We drafted Him...., but by His 2nd year....I was like.......OH...GEEZZZZ :facepalm:, and it hasn't gotten better....., but You know what.... there were people that actually thought Jarvis Jones was pretty good until We got rid of Him.....so :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Edmonds is not good. Did he play better this year than he has in years past? sure he did, most of us were surprised he made a few plays that he should have been making his entire career, not just a few splash plays once a game or once every other game. Let me say this, is he a good safety against the pass? NO! Can he cover the TE? NO! Did he play better against the run? YES! Should we keep a run stopping safety or do we get a pass defending safety? I think we were weak up the middle with BUSH and EDMONDS and when they played on the same defense, they were exposed. Bush doesnt even know which drop back zone to go to....I wish I could remember the play but both he and Spillane went to the same location when BUSH should have dropped into the zone on his side of the field. Just one example of a couple of players that seem to lack the football IQ required to play the positions that they are in and have had plenty of time to learn it.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Edmunds is an average box safety. Not bad, not great. He struggles when he has to play a single high or half field deep safety role. I’d take him back on a reasonable contract, but if I have to pick between keeping him or keeping Kazee, it’s Kazee for me. Keeping both on reasonable deals would be OK.

He was definitely not the biggest issue with our defense this past season.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You can't have one without the other. The 2 need to be a package deal.

Kazee is too small for run support at the line of scrimmage, and Edmunds is a nightmare when he is 10 yards deep in coverage.

13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Edmunds knows the defense and appeared to play well with Minkah. Edmunds knows how to play with the role he was given. Edmunds in only 25 years old and has time to improve.

Can't have superstars at every position. I am sure the Steelers would welcome Edmunds back at the right price again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Question. When Edmunds didn't play this Year.....did We do terrible on D???

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well, he missed the Bills game and we did terrible on defense. He also missed the Raiders game in the wind and negative temperatures and the defense did fine. Hard to tell.... small sample size, as he has only missed 3 games total in his 5 year career.

Kid is a good player, just not great. People are still mad because they wrongfully believe that he would've been available at our next pick (or later) because Walter Football NFL Draft Simulator 3000 told them so. It sucks we missed drafting Jesse Bates III, who plays the same position... but that's about it. Minkah and Derwin James were picked too high for us to get (although we wound up with Minkah anyways). Lamar Jackson, Darius Leonard, and Nick Chubb were the only really good players picked within a number of spots of us. James Daniels was close too and we wound up with him anyways as well. Interesting to look back on really.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

but he is better then anybody we have at MLB

17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    nope
    we did not

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree. It was even commented on in the GameDay thread several times that the D looked worse without Edmunds.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We looked so bad We had 3ints , the league leading number 1 rusher had 44 yards, and the leagues number 3 Wr had 2 catches for 15 yards...., and We won... In the last game T. Edmunds didn't play in. So ....it maybe just Me , but I think We did fine.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Leave Kordell alone. He was w good player.
    images (9).jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was talking about the Buffalo game. Go look at the GameDay thread if you don’t believe me, it was being talked about. Norwood was filling in that game and looked like ass. The Raiders game they had Kazee not to mention Watt played that game which makes a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. As long as Kazee, and Watt is there...we don't need Edmunds.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree and he’ll likely be back. Never want to be thin back there.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We shall see.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Edmunds is an okay steady player, which is perfectly fine ... you just can't overpay for what her brings to the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1