1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we waiting on Leftwich before we fire Canada?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021

20230117_113535.jpg

As I have said several times. Byron passing yards, TD, red zone is top 5-10. And would be even better if not for tom brady declining. (That's just this year. While 2019 Winston was even better)

He's had 2 different head coaches. And 2 different quarterbacks. And all the time has been almost the same.

Here i made a snip of the parts of tom throwing. Several times you see him off. Short and under. I stopped when I got to the int which was wide open to being a stupid throw of no one in the area. ... I could have kept going, but this was enough to prove my point that a couple of y'all in here just look at the score board and not the plays...... in just the quarter and a half, the announcers mentioned 5 times that I can remember of them questioning Tom brady throwing.

Now I do not like abandoning the running game. I do think there is better coaches out there. I also understand Pittsburgh will only go for someone they believe in, as well they do like people within the organization..... in no way am I making a case Leftwhich is the most amazing out there. However he is better than than Canada, and he will get Pickett too throwing better, as well more yards, as well most important being able to punch it in the red zone.

For the record, i would have probably called up reich to take over our offense.

This was 2019 with crab Legs Winston.... just for reference without tom brady.

Screenshot_20230117_115546_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I do believe the steelers will not fire him unless there's a sure bet. Also I wonder if they have anything lined up to talk to people without Canada knowing. Is that a thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I do not think the Steelers will interview anyone unless Canada has already been told he won’t be back.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they gave Canada another position in the organization in lieu of firing him. Something disguised as a promotion such as a scouting position under the GM.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    We'll draft the best jet sweep players available!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
  5. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Why would the Steelers want Leftwich. I thought he talked himself out of the Jaqs HC job by demanding their GM be fired and replaced by an executive from the Cards before he would take the job.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't followed much of the Buc's this year but I believe a lot of their fans were down on Leftwich which is funny b/c he got rave reviews after their SB season (not surprising).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Brady sucks. His arm is gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    But what's that have to do with us, if true?

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well you better hurry up before all the other teams, like the Patriots, pickup all the cool names.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Freaking Poni. Give this no consideration. He pulled that out of his ass I bet.

If they were moving on from Canada he would be fired regardless if Leftwhich is available or not.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    For one, he has poor judgement. He went from the front liner for the Jaqs job last season to not be in the running for any HC positions from what I can see far for the HC openings for next season.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    You don’t have to wait for TB to be eliminated to fire Canada. Is it so borderline that you keep Canada if TB survives another week?

This team either thinks Canada can do the job or not. I can’t imagine that they’re waiting for a specific guy to replace him, and if that guy ain’t there: welcome back Matt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Again that has nothing to bear with his coaching abilities.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I believe the steelers don't want to fire someone and just end up getting someone else they think will be junk.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Matt Canada as I’m told is an incompetent knuckle dragging bozo. They hired the last 2 OCs, that were already on the payroll. They were happy to fire guys for in-house “junk”. I can’t see how that worked out so great. . But, we should be careful not to replace him with some other teams unknown Quantity.

I’m glad we don’t live in our fears.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    I can't see the Steelers operating that way, leave a guy hanging depending on what happens with someone else. The longer we don't hear anything the more it looks like Canada is staying. What gets me is if he is staying, why have they not announced it yet? I'm hoping they already told him and are waiting to sure up who they are replacing him with, then announce it all at once but something would have leaked out already in todays world.

This whole thing is way past frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

You don’t hold a presser to announce an org change that you’re not making. Did your boss call a mtg telling your group that he’s not firing you today?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    There is the whole NFL tampering policy. They can't ask Byron if he is interested in the job until he no longer has a job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep.. that tampering thing is the entire reason Miami doesn't have a 1st round pick in the 2023 draft

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Consider the source :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Leadership ability and collaboration skills with executive management including the owner and GM. You don't ask to have the GM interviewing to be fired. Anyway, if Steelers bring him in, let's seen what he can do for the offense and Pickett.

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Idk their plan not do I know if Leftwich is a part of it. I don’t know if he’d be the answer to the anemic O but I do know I’d take him over Canada for what I’d deem obvious reasoning

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Lots of problems with Tom. And this is how is been for the season. Yet Tom still is in #3 in passing.

24. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Based on tonight’s game, Leftwich’s offense seems less imaginative than Canada’s. I rather have Canada than Leftwich just for continuity’s sake.

25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You're not watching are you? Brady is throwing too areas and not the receiver. He can't extend plays. Brady is trash.

Get away from the scoreboard and actually look at the plays formation.