1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Bush done?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Jan 15, 2023.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

That said, this Free Agency will be interesting in terms of how both Kahn and Weidl approach it. I don't doubt Kahns wizardry of the Cap!!... just how will he get Tremaine as RoQuan has essentially reset the market haha.

2. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

At this point, I will not be shocked if both Buffalo and Pittsburgh do a swap of sorts. Much like how Philly and Pittsbugh swapped Brandon Hunt for Andy Weidl.

Terrell for Tremaine?!... I would not mind it! :drinks:

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You just answered your own riddle JEH. But for the booze.................:drinks:

• Like Like x 3
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Words to live by.

• Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:

7. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    He's done as a starter in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be opposed to paying him backup money but I'm sure that won't happen.

I can't see any team where he'd be gifted a starter's job. He'll get a short-term, incentive-laden contract from someone and have to try and earn a job in camp.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He's been done...I can only hope He takes Edmunds with Him.
    Oh wait ...what do people say....they can't all be great, or all pros, or whatever excuses they make for Edmunds. I call that ....settling.

• Like Like x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    FeDerius for Fe'Zahn?, yes please.
    :drinks:

10. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    It’s Khan, not Kahn. He’s father was Muslim American and not Jewish. His mother is Central American.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    OK jeh, I may know where you once heard something along those lines. I read it years ago in Playboy magazine (see, some of us did read the articles) by a guy named Asa Baber. I loved his articles. He once wrote an article about why men with amazing hot ladies still stray. The line went something like this: "Show me a hot chick and I'll show you a guy who is tired of (bad word) her.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ilb/MLB must love to hit. Bush does not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Spell check.

Blame auto correct. Easy there buddy. Mean no harm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I meant shutdown college CBs and there are dozen plus of them every year. Not all are projected to be shutdown corners in the pros, but at least they showed they're capable. Players like Burns were projects in college, didn't produce and that was their main question marks on draft day.

Get the guys that have produced (past tense) not the ones that maybe, possibly could one day, if everything gels.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well he is kind of weird I have actually Coached his type before .. He Loves to hit if at angles and he is at top speed , he does not want to take on OL or anyone bigger than him .. He doesn't want to take on a RB head on either..

So I ask is he Mike LB material ? No. Is he a Sam LB ? No.. Is he a Will ? Yes and only in a 4 man plus front from the DL so they can protect him .. So he is a horrible fit for the Steelers ,but could be moved to a Weak LB spot,, AKA a pursuit guy allowing him to avoid those Hamburger Drill type hits..

If in the correct system he may play like a 1st. rounder ..My biggest problem is someone on the staff should have seen the writing on the wall as the things I just mentioned above are on his College tape making him a bad pick for our 3-4 Defense..

• Like Like x 1
  17. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Let the **** birds have him! Bye bye!

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Unfortunately? Why? Do you mean Fortunately he's done with the Steelers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I have retired to the Riviera Maya and if I want to see Bush I go to the beach.
    I hope the Steelers are ready to move on. Bush is pretty expensive. They will probably do what they usually do in the offseason, which is sign Tuvok Skipper or whatever his name is. Then they cut him or he gets poached. I know he is an OLB not ILB but he doesn’t play much when they have him, so really what’s the difference.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No. I do not mean fortunately. Unlike you I want the players we draft or sign to succeed. It only makes the Steelers a better team when their decisions work out. I know that’s a foreign concept, but isn’t exactly difficult to understand

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe We all want the players We draft to pan out....., but when they don't....We can't just hang on to them because We drafted them.
    I know many don't believe this ,but I was really High on Edmunds....not so much on Bush, but His rookie year gave Me much hope, and His 2nd year (up until His injury) even more. Believe Me .......I am not glad He has not worked out.
    Now He may go to a team , and do better, but it won't be in the same style/system We try , and use Him.
    I know some will say ....Well...Why not change it for Him.....We can't change a system that works well for almost everyone we have....just so it works for Him.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    exactly on the system part. Some people forget our linebackers are asked to do more than just run forwards and backwards. It has to be mentioned a significant number of players that leave end up doing worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If Bush ends up in the right system, he could very well be a great player in this league. He's immature, but so is basically every WR in the league. He just isn't a good fit in our system.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know, some players you hate to see go, for whatever reason. This one, does not fall under that category

• Like Like x 1
  25. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Pederson, Vrabel, Saturday, Bowles...

• Like Like x 1