1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Benz is spot on today...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers4tim, Jan 10, 2023.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    It's a decent German Bier

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I hope the change in GM and head scout will give Tomlin the players where his coaching plays less of a role.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    DAB

:drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Is this the same thing thats happening with me and RealSteel right now? I was labeled a troll in one post because of his apparent shenanigans. I'm a victim of circumstance I tell ya! That being said I might need to change my forum name altho the name itself I'm thinking of changing it to will create 10 times the controversy just off the name alone even before I make my first post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I know dab as an efficient way to consume medical (grade) medicinal medicines, so yeah
    DAB
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes certain screen names and their similarity to one's used by some real tools on this board and the old official Steelers board trigger an immediate response. Shortly after this board went live I went after Glenn because he had mentioned the word knee-jerk in a response. I mistook him for this lying tool on the original board who had a variation of Glenn in his screen name and accused everyone of knee-jerk reactions. I was wrong and apologized for it. My initial reaction is a source of regret because I try not to act that way but that's how much trolls can trigger people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, we get it. You hate Ben and will bash him every opportunity you get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong, I'm not a Ben hater at all, I wanted him to come back in 2021 he still gave them the best chance to win IMO. I can point out how the offense never gets off to a fast start in the playoffs, also too many turnovers by Ben.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Since it has happened to Me....I would bet You are correct. Some just glance at the handle, or at the avatar. I've seen people confuse @strummerfan , and @Steelhammer92 a few times because they use the same picture in their avatar.

10. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Right... so your standards change year to year - that's the point! The team's standard should be winning SBs, and not getting lowered depending on circumstance.

I enjoy having stimulating debates with people who just reply with facepalms, or DABs, and act arrogant.

12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Steelers wasted prime Ben, AB, LeVeon etc. The reason was leaky defense that Brady could shred in his sleep. Defense is Tomlin’s specialty. Steelers should have lost the one SB they won with Tomlin again because of leaky defense. It took Debo free lancing to get a pick six and miracle throw and catch by Ben and Holmes to win the SB. Tomlin has been presented with an exception Talent and he’s done ‘ below the line’ work with it. Remember Jim Caldwell who went almost undefeated with Indianiplolis with Peyton and went 0-16 at Detroit, Tomlin is probably a similar coach. Mediocre or average. Bradshaw was absolutely right about Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Clearly you dont know wth youre talking about and just talking out the side of your mouth. You're a shoulda, coulda, woulda poster focusing on probabilities rather than what is. He's done as much with his talent as any other coach would have done. If thats not the case name a current coach that has more than 1 championship besides Belichek currently coaching that you believe is so far above Tomlin in coaching that they would have had multiple championships with the organization and based off of what?? Ill wait:

Team Defense Ranking- Source: Pro Football Reference. Points allowed ranking in ().

2007 - #1(2)
    2008 - #1 (1)
    2009 - #5 (13)
    2010 - #2 (1)
    2011 - #1 (1)
    2012 - #1 (6)
    2013 - #13 (14)
    2014- #18 (18)
    2015 - #12 (11)
    2016 - #12 (10)
    2017 - #5 (7)
    2018 - #6 (17)
    2019 - #5 (6)
    2020 - #3 (3)
    2021 - #19 (19)
    2022 - #14 (10)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    This just proves my point. He had great defense since Cowher’s player and coaches were here. Then mediocrity. He’s not a bad coach . He’s not a good coach. Just mediocre. Other coach’s have not more SB besides Brady because Brady has been overwhelmingly dominant. There are plenty who have playoff wins in last ten years. I am sure other coaches would have won at least one playoff game with peak Ben during last ten years. There are not many coaches who would have lost to Tim Tebow with the what Tomlin had. That loss to Tebow pretty much summarizes Tomlin’s coaching prowess. Jacksonville playoff loss puts an exclamation point on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Patriots aside, most teams who have success do it for a short period of time. The reason for this is because the players get expensive, the team pays some of them but cannot pay all of them so several of them leave. Furthermore, players get old and are not the same as they were when the team was dominant. Now, the team is in a position where they have to do a rebuild. This happened to the defense. Troy P was not as dominant as before. Money was tied up in once star players that moved to dead money for several years. Clearly, Tomlin rebuilt the defense. The Shazier injury set this team back. Put him on the field in playoffs in 2017 and it's a completely different defense. Draft mistakes happen with all teams. Sometimes coaches make the wrong moves. I'll give you two (not playing Blount and running the wheels off Bell, playing TJ on the right and making JH inactive.) I remember many games in the rebuild era where we were so happy to have Ben because the D wasn't getting stops and Ben had to do his magic.

To not look at all 53 players on the field post SB 45 is a mistake. Key injuries impacted all of those playoff games, including SB45.

That's not to say Tomlin is off the hook because of it. Coaches matter, players matter. Caldwell did not have the talent in Detroit that he had in Indianapolis. Belichek isn't winning 14 games a year anymore. Tomlin/Caldwell is a terrible comparison IMHO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    It is pretty ridiculous when we are third in the division and just break .500 and some commentators act like Tomlin should be in the running for COTY.

The teams we beat down the stretch were 4-12-1, 7-10, 7-10, 6-11, 10-7 (Ravens minus Lamar), 7-10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    How many of these other coaches were handed the keys to the Steelers franchise?

18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Handed the keys to the Steelers franchise so as to say what?? You mean the organization that refuses to pay assistant coaches and has had average to below par scouting and drafts the last 13 -15 years?? The Steelers weren't some juggernaut as you suppose they were just consistent playoff hopefuls. He has not detracted from that. The NFL has focused on creating parity in the league so that the teams from the 70s and 80s and 90s no longer dominate the playoffs and SBs and they have accomplished that. That's what silly fans like you and Tiggs99 fail to understand with the anomaly of course being the Patriots because they arguably had the best QB and coach to ever exist. I won't go into all the luck they had to go with possible cheating fiascos, but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The correct answer is zero.

20. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    It didn't prove your point at all. Nick Foles just won a SB with the Eagles not too long ago. Nick Foles hasn't had any better of a career then Tebow has outside the playoffs. He's had one stellar year. Thats it. Stan Humphries beat Cowher and the Steelers back in 95. Was that supposed to happen?? Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady in 2010. So no, you haven't proven any point. Not to mention you still didn't answer my question as to what current coaches would have had more success with the Steelers over the same period of time (excluding Belichek) and based upon what???

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    The correct answer is zero to what?

22. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    See post #142
    How many of these other coaches were handed the keys to the Steelers franchise?

23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    ...and you say that to mean what besides the obvious?? If you're insisting there was a coach who would have done better...who? And based upon what??

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was rersponding to post #138 originally, where you asked the question: If thats not the case name a current coach that has more than 1 championship besides Belichek currently coaching that you believe is so far above Tomlin in coaching that they would have had multiple championships with the organization and based off of what??
    My response was: How many of these other coaches were handed the keys to the Steelers franchise?
    Your answer to that was one of the furthest reaches I've ever seen attempted.

25. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    So basically youre conceding you dont have an answer to my question. Where was the reach at??