1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ugh…Purdy or Pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HueyWorley, Jan 14, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that seems to happen in just about every game anymore. sad. they should get reviews by the league and fined like the players do every week. :shrug::cool:

2. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and he's damn good at it. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    the article you linked says Kenny did PA in 18.1% of his snaps which ranks him 30th in the league.

I saiid Steelers don’t do PA much. Your article proved my statement with stats. Thanks! You’re the best!

Where you went wrong was not connecting my statement to the facts you googled. I can’t say why that happened , but seems like something is broken in your learning process.

4. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I've said before, there is a reason Pickens led the NFL in catching contested passes, our receivers get little separation. The throw Pickett had to make to Conor have int written all over it, but he threw a bullet between to receivers.

I don't get the hate for Pickett and I assume he will continued to get bashed throughout the playoffs. All I know is we are SOL if Steelers keep Canada for the following reasons of QBs with good offense background HCs
    • Mahomes/Reid
    • Lawrence/Peterson
    • Burrows/Zak Taylor
    • Herbert/possible Sean Payton

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  5. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    People like me? I'm not all over his jock. Have no interest in his jock. You may be into sniffing jocks but I am not. I do not ***** and moan about Pickett. But then reading might not be your strong point. At one time Pickett was a turnover machine. Those days are past. He's played as well as anyone can inspect with the coaching he has. As to Purdy turning out to be a flash in the pan that's entirely possible. However at this point that kid is playing light out and he deserves praise. I think I'm done talking with you. It's pointless and I prefer those posters on here that don't have to be right all the time and have some decorum in how they interact with others on the board.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    How is the line in front of him that means a lot considering we have a young line in front of Pickett. How fast are his receivers getting open, means a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Actually you didn’t. You said the Steelers never use play action.

86A738F3-A1E9-479D-9E12-0BCE6596EE86.jpeg

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You did not say “don’t do much”

You said “never”

You were wrong

Read your own post if you can

DAB

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Did not read all this thread but I love when a young QB has a great game and all of a sudden is the next Tom Brady. I'll wait and see how he does in Philly (if they play) before crowning him the next Brady or Joe Montana.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Not sure anyone here wants to crown anything at all. He's Mister Irrelevant and is having a great run at this point. Not just one game. Can't you guys be happy about a kid playing like this and he came out of nowhere? Maybe he will never have another good year at QB. It happens. But for now I'm pulling for him to continue to play well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2023-1-15_12-47-19.gif

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m just kidding with the gif.

I haven’t really seen the kid play yet but he seems to be handling himself well by all accounts. Especially for the last pick of the draft.

I think one guy here (not you) is over the top on him, he’s had one game over 300 yards, couple games under 200 yards and a few around 250 yards. Not exactly HOF stats and thats in a very friendly QB system.

The team was 8-3 before he took over and he’s continued helping them win. Going to have a harder test next week, we’ll see how he responds to that challenge.

13. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I gave Purdy credit, literally stating " The kid is playing well" and "Congrats to him and SF".
    All I'm trying to say is his situation and team dynamic is nothing even close to KPs. Comparison is not fair or relevant imho.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  15. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I will also say this, Purdy has not messed up and cost his team anything and that's probably the most important thing a rookie QB can accomplish. Regardless of his situation, it's an impressive feat.
    I would still like to see what he is when there's real adversity. He's had none of that to this point.

16. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I am except he is being used to pound their their endless sufferings on Pickett. It's an apples and oranges comparison, which people have noted, and I am rooting for Purdy and the 49ers to win it all. Why does any QB playing good during the season and now post season have to be non stop Kenny Bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually I was just try to help people who may not know about other parts of the board. No more ....No less.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    Just for a bit of perspective. Purdy is playing for a team that had favorable odds for a Championship preseason, with Trey Lance, with Jimmy G, pre CMC and even now with probably the best defense in the NFL currently. KP was running a team that was projected to be in the basement this year, had a terrible record when he took over. Not even close to a comparable situation.
    I think we are fine with KP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Waste of arguing, or even breaking down anything for Him. If Shannon S. hasn't told Him....He doesn't know. LoL.

20. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    and you actually couldn’t clue in that by “never” I didn’t meant exactly 0?? What are you a robot without ability to infer meaning?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. People laugh at Me when I say I need to see 3-4 years from a Qb before I label them one way ,or the other.....
    I laugh harder when people label them with like 10 games. Lots of Wentz, Lamar, Baker, and so on lovers that just seemed to disappear later when more teams faced them, and got to know tendencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless it’s a running QB, then you declare them a failure before they hit the field :taunt:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No. Words have meaning. Do what you say and say what you mean.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I declare that they won't be much more than any running Qb. Great highlights, and won't be around very long.
    Yes if You depend more on Your legs than Your arm....You will fail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelRaj

SteelRaj Active Member

Dec 7, 2020
    At first I thought you were being sarcastic, then I realized that you are just an idiot.