1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No playoffs for the Steelers = a good thing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 8, 2023.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The way the Steelers ended the season, they would have given the Bills a better game than the Dolphins will.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Is benny really coming back without eating all the crow he left on the team months ago?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    ^^^ This, times a 100.

I want a post season regardless. Draft picks of tanking only matter four a single player. That's it..because if we went into the post season we would have 20. So those picks would be recognized as the second round vs tanking.

And one player is not going to make you win a super bowl. It takes a team.

I'll even go further with said I don't care if we got into a post season with a losing record. Go look at the Seahawks. They had a losing season and faced the saints that just came off a superbowl win. The Seahawks beat the crap out of the saints.

30.gif

Lastly go look at our 50 years. Look how rarely we had a top ten pick going into the draft. That should be evidence enough that draft pick area doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was more surprised the defense allowed Jones and company to put up so many points on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    *No extra Steelers football.;+)

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They were gashing them on the ground and making timely third down conversions

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Enjoy your one and done Benny. Ravens are a joke.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I was thinking the same thing, their offense has not looked good lately. I think the Steelers could have given them a game. But as of now they are who I will be rooting for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    It is if you're just going to be completely embarrassed by a good team with far superior coaching.

10. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I am glad we won and wanted to make playoffs but those who said we might get crushed again are probably right. Next year if we hit on two draft picks for left tackle and inside linebacker and third rough corner. We actually can compete with the afc elects teams of Buffalo. Cincinnati and Kansas City

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This times 100

12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's also a catch 22, bc if we only won 5 games we would have more holes than we have currently. A top5 pick likely meant we would be looking to move on from KFP, that our OL was in major shambles, that our young playmakers in Najee Muth and Pickens didn't show promise, and our expensive defense was poorly paid. But since our QB got a lot better, our young RB TE and WR improved, the OL got a lot better, and the defense shaped up, we won more games and have less holes to fill.

A top 5 pick would've meant a full on rebuild. We would've been multiple years drafting in the top 10, probably lots of player and coaching turnover (this is not always for the better, and actually much more often for the worse). The way we finished showed that we can contend in the North and for the playoffs as soon as next season if we play our cards right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Pending on the Lamar situation I could see us battle for second in the North next year. Tough part about the AFC is right now there are 4 absolute studs at QB that KP will likely never eclipse in Allen Burrow Mahomes and Herbert. Hell even Trevor is showing signs to become the 5th. Doesn’t mean we can’t have other aspects like defense or a running game better than them but at QB we are likely to only have the 5th or 6th best QB in the conference.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why do you think that? I'll give you Mahomes, He's just special but, why can't Pickett be the equal of those other guys? This is his rookie year and he did nothing but improve. He'll be "the guy" next season. He won't have to worry about being benched for Trubisky, He and, hopefully, a new OC can have months to study new game plans.

15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Doesn’t have the same physical tools. I think KP could improve and be a decent starter but he’s really not in the same class. Even todays game he only threw for 195 yards. Those 4 throw for 300 plus in their sleep most weeks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What physical tools do the other guys have that Pickett doesn't? 2 arms, 2 legs, they all throw a good long ball. The only advantage I see for the others is mental. With more experience, Kenny will stop the overthrows and bad decisions. Will he ever be Joe Montana? Probably not, but it's way too soon to say he won't be better than Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow!

17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    10 fingers….

No I didn’t say TL was undoubtedly going to be better I said he is showing signs of being number 5. Better than Burrow? Sheesh :roflmao:

I think Burrow is only behind Mahomes in the NFL.

18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Benny actually predicted the 9-8 finish.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why not? You're basing your opinion on what, 8 games? What's so physically special about Burrow? The mental part of the game can be taught.

20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    He was a number 1 pick for a reason….. Cincy has a legit chance to make the SB again this year with Burrow leading them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    And? You still haven't come up with a reason that Burrow has more physical upside than Pickett. We could be in the same position in Kenny's 3rd or 4th year.........or not. It's way too early to say that Kenny won't get there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    He’s far more accurate and has a better arm but besides that…..

Well I guess next year we can evaluate who is better KP or Smoking Joey B. If you really think this I’m sure you could get plus 100000 odds in Vegas lol

KP finished the year averaging 185 yards per game with 7 TDs and 9 INTs. He showed improvement and had some nice late comebacks but come on man what are you all watching sometimes.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm watching a rookie learning the game at the NFL level. How about you?

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    just no. Especially if tua plays. You’re not going to compete with buffalo playing 1990 football with Kenny Pickett and the offense mostly
    Running it and getting by with a 160 yards passing day. You have to get to the 30s to beat them. Pickett isn’t that.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Pickett can’t do this