1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

One thing I was right about and one thing I was wrong about

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 8, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. After I wrote it....I actually reread it, and thought the same...., and I liked it....LoL....So I left it that way. LoL :lolol:

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm....Well it definitely gives a Man more things to think about....:hmm:

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Assuming it’s true it was a smart move. We have a young team on offense that consistently shot themselves in the foot over the course of 8 games. So you get back to basics. Once the team masters the basics then you start to open it up. Great coaches don’t panic. They address the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This is just a bad take. We would be WAY worse off at 5-12 than we are at 9-8. Us finishing the year with 5 wins would mean that the KFP experience was a disaster, Najee never returned to himself, the OL flopped, Freiermuth and Pickens didn't show promise, etc. We would have more needs that would have to be addressed and 10 slots higher in the draft order wouldn't cure that pain.

Some pieces showed their worth this year and we have a very good idea where we need to get better headed into next year (namely CB, ILB, Left OL,). I am glad QB, RB, TE, DL, didn't show up on this list. If we clear some cap up and are smart with FA and our draft, there is literally zero reason why we shouldn't be a playoff contender next year. If KFP takes a good step forward we can contend for the North and be a real competitor to make it deeper into the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My affinity for the whole Q thing…:rolleyes: I’ll let that slide since it’s undeserving of a response.

So are you standing by your claim that Trubisky should have remained the starter because he was so much better in *gasp* practice than Kenny? You’re an unabashed Tomlin apologist so you should be giving your guy more credit than that. He knew what he had in Kenny and he had also figured out what he had in Mitch and that was the same thing Chicago had, a mediocre quarterback who was about as exciting to watch as paint drying. Had you gotten your way and Mitch had remained the quarterback for the entire season, Coach T would not be enjoying his 16th non-losing season right now. Had Kenny played the entire first game against the Rats, we win. Do you think Mediocre Mitch would have led game winning drives against the Raiders and Ratbirds? Just admit you were wrong and we’ll move on.

6. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Stop with your bs and making up **** that I never said. Being that you claim to know so much about football this shouldn’t need to be explained. If you can’t beat out the guy in practice you’re not playing. If you don’t know the playbook you’re a liability and gasp not playing. Before you even try I did not say Pickett didn’t know the playbook. I’m simply using it as an example.

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You were 100% right on Trubisky. You were the first one to call it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:
    I watch a lot of Chicago games....that's the only reason really....I've actually watch His whole career there....unless the Steelers happen to be playing at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    pickett didn’t exactly set the world on fire with playaction passing. 60 attempts for 270 yards

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    So you didn’t watch his whole career there

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow…you get a little touchy when you’re proven wrong, don’t ya?

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Touchy? Not at all. I’ve just done this back and forth with you enough to know your stupid games. You make up a bunch of claims and then declare yourself a winner..

14. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I was right and wrong about everything and nothing. That happens when you don't make absolute statements based largely on emotion. Sure, it's chickensh!t but I'm not a fan of crow so there's that. Although, I will admit I thought Trubisky would be much more productive.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watched like what I just said. Do I need to make Myself more, or better understood???
    I watched every game The Bears have played that wasn't the same time as the Steelers.
    I thought by what I said ....that was pretty clear.....No????:shrug:
    Unlike some that went off of stats, and highlights. :shrug:

16. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Can't think of much i was right about but wrong on tribusky. I really thought he'd be good.

17. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    A quick digression, do we keep with the 1-2 punch next year with Harris and Warren or does Harris dominate the touches? I wish we went Franco Bleier with those two!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I was 100% right about Claypool. I have been saying since last season that he wasn't a fit for the slot. I have been saying since last year that his play was digressing.

I was right about George Pickens. I liked the pick but some of you guys thought he was going to come in day one and blow up the league. I said from the minute he was drafted that he was going to take time to develop. Even now he is nowhere near as good as he has potential to be.

I was dead wrong about Trubisky. Mitch had me fooled. I thought he was going to be pretty good. He was not. LOL

I was wrong about Diontae Johnson. I'm sure everyone remembers the appreciation thread I started where I was lobbying to get the guy paid. He was nothing more than below average this year. I havent given up on him, but even today, his play was/has been disappointing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Crow matters how You cook it.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we did lead the league in turnovers. We didn't score enough. We have up too many rushing yards. Is corner the biggest need? :shrug::cool:

22. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Id like a 70/30 split whomever the rbs are. Warren is a good change of pace back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You offering?

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes.....Remember this When We play Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and not Carr, Watson, Lamar, Huntley, and whatever that turnover machine in Carolina name is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You want some???