1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm starting to believe....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RockyBleier, Dec 8, 2022.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Edmund sucks too.

3 or 4 new D starters next year. Weak soft PANSY defenses, the hallmark of Mike Tomlin. Trucked vs. the run for 3 straight years. a joke. Rooney likes it.....

Heyward should have been traded - for him and for us, at the trade deadline.

No plans to build this D the right way, NO PLAN at all, Blame the FO first.....

2. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I was showing that we arent winning against the playoff teams regardless of score. I understand the confusion but the point being close games resulting in all losses aren't the goal. Furthering the point, all of our wins with the exception of Week 1 against Cincy have been to bottom dweller teams.

Combined record of teams we beat = 28-36
    Combined record of teams we lost = 66-37

Point being is that we arent beating teams with winning records.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    that's so unlike Tomlin

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Welp. That didn’t work out as planned….

The commiserating was almost worth it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But this is wrong.
    We beat Tampa, and Bengals. Both will be in the playoffs.

6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Come on STD context matters.

The Bucs are below 500 if they make the playoffs, which is not a given if Carolina beats us Sunday, it will be because they play in a terrible division not because they are a worthy playoff team.

We beat the Bengals week 1 while Burrow missed all pre season and had 5 turnovers! A game in which we still were a blocked XP away from losing after getting 5 turnovers. The Bengals when healthy are light years better than the Steelers and currently a SB contender again this season.

I said rarely beat good teams not sure where Roberto got the 0-6.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Tell that to Art III because he certainly seems to be just fine with it! And trust me there are a lot of fans here that think ownership and the HC can do no wrong based on previous success wether that be 15 years ago or longer. If you don’t believe that check out many of the posts in which I am attacked by the “squad” for criticizing anything the Steelers do. But hey all is well on the road to yet another season with 0 playoff wins :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  8. RobertoC#21

Nov 24, 2011

The 0-6 comes from the following, remember the first game of the season against the Bengals is not being counted as both teams were 0-0 at the start.

Lost to the Jets ( currently a playoff contention team )
    Lost to the Bills ( currently a playoff contention team )
    Lost to Miami ( currently a playoff contention team )
    Lost to Philadelphia ( currently a playoff contention team )
    Lost to Cincinnati ( currently a playoff contention team )
    Lost to the Ravens ( currently a playoff contention team )

Both the Pats and the Bucs were not playoff teams when we played them, hence the reason why they arent counted. if you want to play hindsight, we can say we are 2-8 against current playoff contending teams. No matter how you look at it, its not a pretty picture.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You're not being attacked for criticizing anything the Steelers do, you're being attacked for criticizing EVERYTHING the Steelers do!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    A coach who had to initially fail then finish with a winning record to be considered for COTY vs coach's who win consistently throughout the year and win playoff games? Could happen but not sure it I'd go in that direction regardless of who the coach is. JMO>
    Plus, what gives anyone confidence that we draft all that well in the first round (or our 1st pick in the 2nd rd)? Other than TJ, who's been what we thought they should be over their entire stay with us? Tanking isn't something we'll do on purpose.

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    HALF of the NFL are playoff teams, any more

FIND a BETTER metric.

we SUCK. We beat ALT because the REFS suck and did not throw a PI flag against Maulet. Wake up, clowns.

12. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Like I said just start Mitch and you won’t have to call it tanking :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What???
    Bengals don't count because of What??

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Context My a$$
    Did it or did it not say We have not beat any teams that will make the playoffs???
    Well more than likely the Bucs make the playoffs, and the Bengals.
    You want Me to make up Context???
    If they both make the playoffs. There is only one answer. We beat 2 teams that made the playoffs. Should I change that just so others are happy???:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Some things just come naturally. LOL

16. RobertoC#21

Nov 24, 2011
    Isnt that what I am saying? We beat scrub teams, we arent in the hunt, we arent good, we are poorly coached and some players are lacking heart ( ie Bush )

17. RobertoC#21

Nov 24, 2011
    You cant count week 1, thats like saying we were better than the Bills last year because we beat them opening week. C'mon man, I thought you were smarter than this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think some people have more of an issue with the way you seem to attack everything the Steelers do, not that you criticize anything they do.

Now you are reading the owner's mind? That's impressive. If I had the ability to read minds, I might put it to better use.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I'm not very smart.
    I always thought a win was a win....no matter what.
    I know if We lost people wouldn't say it didn't count. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Like reading what you think is on some members minds?

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is why I presented it as an opinion, what I think is going on there.

That is not the same thing as claiming that Rooney is just fine with mediocrity and worse. Their argument is basically that Rooney isn't taking the actions they want, so he doesn't care. That is a false premise. You can certainly accuse Rooney of making poor decisions, but there is no evidence that he is happy with the team not winning.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is all you need to know. I like that. :)

23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't see it as a false premise, I see it as an opinion. Do you really believe that anyone, in this case, would take what was said about the owner as being factual? Sounds like this is more like nit picking and asking all posters to be as precise as on a PhD thesis. IMO, claiming something on this type of board is not an affirmation of anything to be taken factually, and in this case, it's someone's preference of how they want you think something should be viewed as. I think most would understand that when someone posts on this board, it is their opinion. which covers about 99% of the posts on this board. Do posters need to start prefacing their posts by stating, "in my opinion" so as to not offend? I do something similar most of the time at the end of my posts by putting JMO> just because of situations like this. Lets just agree that we disagree and get on with more important things. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's worse is.....I have said JMO, and had some goofball on Here say.....You sure love Your opinions. LoL :lolol::roflmao:
    I never laughed so hard.
    No ....I actually make up opinions I hate. LoL.
    I mean how dumb was that???:shrug:

• Like Like x 1