1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Dec 4, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well yeah

That’s what we do here

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually they did a good job of keeping a lid on AB until it was time to get rid of him, Leveon wasn’t a problem while he was on the team and they got rid of Claypool in a great trade

All in all they did very well

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One would think the cautionary tale of a guy who shares the same meeting room with the rest of them might provide how quickly you go from draft stud to draft dud, in Myles Boykin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Would like to know what was said but knowing Cam it was likely something inspirational to help the kid out. Is Cam team captain or just defense captain?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I agree. I have been saying since the pre season that they needed an experienced mature voice in that room to lead by example. They are a rudderless ship with no one there to set an example. He will sour very quickly.

6. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I think...they are all team captains, but there is 5 all them split into two offensive, two defense and one special teams.

Steelers 2022 team captains: Najee Harris RB, Cam Heyward DT, Miles Killebrew S, Mitch Trubisky, QB, T.J. Watt LB

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree. The guy came from an elite program to a team with an overpaid WR that he see's dropping balls. They have a crap OC and rookie QB. Some people see a problem, I see a guy that is passionate about the game and wants to succeed. To compare him to Antonio Brown is ridiculous at this point. He wasn't a problem until Vontaze Burfict scrambled his brains with the helmet-to-helmet hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The guys I were watching with had the same reaction. I'll admit I did too but for some reason I think the Steeler organization will deal with this in a timely fashion and it will turn out favorable for all.

I want him on the team. I'm hoping we learned from a few idiots we had and we get him proper help.

Pickett to Pickens could be a sweet thing when heads are screwed on right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Pickens can complain all he wants but Kenny and him had a good relationship and know one another so the only logical reason he never went his way would likely be because he was more covered than he thought and Kenny was just unwilling to take the chance. George needs to look at his teammate Minka too see how a real professional operates.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    That's my point if you having that success try to get your best WR free. Create mismatches with him...

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree that they could be using him better, but that doesn't excuse the pouting. An angry outburst here and there is one thing, but this sullen crap while the team is winning is not a good look.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    I just don't give a **** about that, I want our best players schemed open and utilized in a game if not you could be leaving points and first downs on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Ravens are first in the AFC West? Pretty sure they are still in the AFC North.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think this illustrates the inability for this organization to discipline players to modify their collective behaviors.

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Not necessarily true. Read some comments about him after he got his first resign. Not saying he did not work hard, but the prima Donna was always there.

16. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I get that the game was in Georgia where he went to school, but that is even more reason to show character. It would have been good to see Pickens be happy for Johnson for getting a lot of targets (something he has not gotten a lot of recently) and some key first downs. I know he had that drop and off sides but actually I think this game helped Pickens. Imagine if Pickens had a 100 yrd game? The next week he wld be double teamed every play. So, to show that we also have a weapon in Johnson will get defenses to prepare for both Johnson and Pickens and improve Pickens chances of getting more targets by being open more due to less double coverage

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This:this!:

18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    My thoughts.. we've all seen the AB meltdown. So many are cringing at this behavior trying to make light of it as we all want Pickens to not have attitude issues as he looks to be a solid #1 in the Burgh for a long time of all works out well.

So squarely put I am looking at Mike Tomlin.

Handle this immaturity.

I will say a guy with his talent should have more plays drawn up for him to be the #1 target.

The one that shows to be the most reliable should get the most targets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
  20. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Pickens is not good enough to be a diva. This is not his first time and it will only get worse if you let it continue. Tell him next time you get suspended for 4 games and then your gone. Reason AB went bonkers because he knew he got away with it for years. We dont need the distraction. He is an average route runner and covered most of the time according to PFF so its his fault he does not get ball more. Get open and then you speak to qb and coaches behind closed door clown.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't forget there also had to be an added emotional side to this game for Pickens. As a Georgia Bulldog, I am sure he wanted to show up and have a big game in his return to Atlanta. So, I am sure there is a frustration of having friends or family show up and not even be given a look.

22. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Article i read said he had issues other games too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he is so talented that i would throw his way 5 -10x each game, regardless. 'throw him open', as they say. figure it our Cana-duh

• Like Like x 1
  24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    What you're saying is true but I have often wondered at least for AB he might haver taken one too many shots to the head .

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully Cam and DJ and whoever else has gotten in his ear can mentor this kid on how to be a professional, hopefully he takes what they are telling him to heart. So far he has not.

Skys the limit for Pickens, hope he doesn’t derail it by being an unbearable diva. If he’s acting like this in his rookie season thats a pretty big red flag.

I love the passion but learn to channel it.

And oh yeah, throw him the damn ball. He has two red zone targets, Canada should have a bunch of plays schemed up for him just for that.

• Like Like x 1