1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamar Jackson reportedly wants a fully guaranteed contract

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't blame the guy for trying to get what he thinks he's worth. I also hope Baltimore does give him a guaranteed contract. How the hell are they going to afford more than a handful of Pro Bowl calibers players? How are they going to give Andrews a big contract? I get the hype with this guy. I just don't agree that his style of play translates to championship football. Plus, his window to get it done is relatively small. A couple of knee injuries and he'll be one hell of an expensive back-up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    But if you see his points, should be making double that. Thank the dim-witted Browns for screwing the other
    NFL owners with ridiculous contracts. MLB like

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe. Haven't looked into the details of what the rats are offering but it sounds like he can make lot more instead Lamar wants more guaranteed. Roll the dice and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Haslam didn’t learn much during his time in Pittsburgh, did he. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He didn't 't learn that from the Steelers, the team that let Franco Harris and Rod Woodsen walk. No the Rooney's run the show in these parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    He need a agent big time!

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dumb. The Wilson and Murray contract killed any chance of him getting Watson money. Should have taken this, huge gamble to wait and test free agency in hopes of finding another dumb owner like Haslam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Shefty now saying it was 6 year, $290M, $133M guaranteed that he turned down. The guy is mental not to take that deal. He won't get that kind of offer anywhere else because no other team is going to completely change their scheme and offense like the rats did. That rats are not likely to offer any more guaranteed because there is just too much risk.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    not arguing the money but I am thinking that maybe Shanahan would give it a go, if Trey Lance doesn't work out.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, the Raven's have very good owners. They are not going to jeopardize their long term goals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We can hope they do this time.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Great. Thanks for that earworm right before bed time.:icon cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Given how well Lamar played against Miami?!?!... all bets are not officially off for Baltimore. Either they cave into Lamar Jackson or hope to Jesus Christ that whomever they select in the 2023 NFL Draft can be just as good if not better than Lamar ever was. People tend to forget that Lamar is one of two players in the 100+ History of the NFL to win MVP unanimously. The other being that guy down in Tampa.

All that said, it will continue to be interesting to see how much higher can Lamar push his chips to his bargaining table for not just Baltimore but anyone who will pay for him. It sure does seem that Baltimore is not interested in doing so.

15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I really don't see many teams signing him to a deal that even the Ravens just offered him. I think there would be an open market for Lamar, just not for the guarantee nor overall money that he wants. I actually think the Ravens would get him for less than what they offered a few weeks ago. Like @KnoxVegasSteel stated, I just don't see any team dramatically changing their offense for this guy. He's a great talent nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Have you looked his picture or listened to his interviews

He’s not the brightest lightbulb

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hold Out, Hold Out, Hold Out!!!

Come on Lamar start the Hold-Out today!

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not going by the way He looks. I've met many bright young men who don't look that way.
    Mainly I don't think He's bright because He wants to play against the rules that are made to keep Him the safest. Why would a Qb rather get plastered on a 40 yard run, when if He stay in the pocket, throws a 40 yard pass, and gets plastered....at least He'll get a flag??
    I know people will say that's not true, but the only time we've ever gotten a flag for a hit on Him was .....one when He was in the pocket, and the second because they said He was out of bounds. All the other Hits that the Steelers have delivered to Him have been flag free, and believe Me....as the season wears on they take a toll.

Just seems smart to play the way the rules protect You, and not against You.:shrug:

19. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Fully guaranteed contract for a guy who runs in the open field as much as he does? Nah. He's taking a big chance not signing something this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

A day after Lamar Jackson deleted a vulgar and offensive tweet directed at a critic, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh told reporters he met with his quarterback to discuss the "out of character" remarks.

Following Sunday's 28-27 loss to the Jaguars, a Twitter user tagged Jackson in a post that said: "someone asking for over $250 million guaranteed like [Jackson] ... games like this should not come down to [kicker Justin Tucker]," adding, "let Lamar walk and spend that money on a well-rounded team."

Jackson responded in a message with profane and demeaning language.

• Like Like x 2
  21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I seen his post/ tweet.. Just shows what a self entitled POS LJ is..

• Like Like x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Guys.....We have to hope they pay L. Jackson, and break the bank doing so. It only helps us.

• Like Like x 3
  23. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    That worked out for the Packers, Cardinals and the Broncos this season.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Even if they franchise him, it will still be high to work with. Meaning less money they can spend
    on other needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    now I'm singing that stupid song in my head while walking the dog. ugh