1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Nov 21, 2022.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Read the thread and focus on what people are saying about Ben, in addition to your own comments.

‘oh, and watch that video to refresh your memory of Ben’s play.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Going to drop these here as well.

Kurt Warner.

Joe Burrow

progress from SD

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s amazing how many times Pickett gets absolutely creamed after releasing the ball but does a good job standing in there. You can’t coach that. But having said that, the Steelers better get the OL issues resolved this off-season or Pickett may have a short career.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    2021 Trevor Lawrence was 12 TDs/17 INTs
    2022 Kenny Pickett is 3 TDs/8 INTs

I know it is a comparison of full season to a partial, but Trevor seems to have turned it around this year. The rest of the Jags may be a different story as they are only 4-7. Point being Kenny is going through growing pains and if we can address the OLine in the 2023 draft, Kenny may then show what he is capable of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I saw Trevor heading over to Doug Pederson on occasions after the offense left the field. And Pederson was talking to him, I assume explaining the last series to continually coach up him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bingo.

Again and, I have not the foggiest of ways of continually saying this, Rookie Seasons like Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott and even Big Ben are anomalies and not the expected. Even a talent like Trevor Lawrence will need some considerable time; having arguably the least qualified Head Coach in NFL History to contend with along with a myriad of scandals to deal with in addition to being with a historically inept Franchise not assisting in any way. Kenny does not have nearly the level of adversity that Trevor had but having someone like Matt Canada does not assist in any major facet either.

How Kenny performs to close out the season is what should be the focus here. In the past two weeks between New Orleans and Cincy, he has made progress. Indy will not be any easier despite what some say. Stephon Gilmore is still a Top Five CB and, should he play, DeForest Buckner is not someone to sleep on. This is not accounting for Darius Leonard either who is either the best or second best overall Off Ball Linebacker in all of Football.

I am more interested to see how Kenny performs at Indy. Never mind the aforementioned players, given the fact that this is an Away Game, it will be interesting to see how well Kenny will deal with not just the opposition but also the Crowd Noise as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Shaquille Leonard (formerly Darius Leonard) had season-ending surgery earlier this month.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I overheard something a few days ago that I've been stewing on for some time.
    Matt Canada said: "We got a staff, a really, really, really good offensive staff. You can take me out of it. That would fit what everyone wants to do,"
    I think that is very telling.

Matt Canada is a college level coach in the guise of an NFL coach.
    His offense works (sic) for Division II teams - I had a long post about the keys to it some time back, but the premise is based off motion and quick passes.
    At first, I thought 'maybe he can bring a different and fresh view' to the offense, but 3 games into the 2022 season and he was doing the same things he was complaining about in 2021.

This isn't the kind of offensive coordinator that one would want to bring on a Franchise QB, I shudder to think what he would have done to Mahomes in KC.
    I think Pittsburgh - Front Office, Tomlin, etc, made a mistake in the plan.
    Here's why:
    Knowing that they needed to find a QB (they also sat on their hands too long) right away, they should have went looking for a QB Coach and an OC the way they went about finding a GM. They really needed to score with someone who could understand and handle that challenge.

They can fix this mistake.
    Changing OC staff will impact the QB development and we as fans have to have some understanding of that.
    It can be done provided Kenny and company put in the additional work to overcome the changes.
    I'd like to see him in the offseason, spend time with his targets.. work to build that trust and understanding then apply that to the new offense.

They really need to find a QB Coach and OC that blend the talent they have and identify the needs and press those on the front office.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1