1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gerry Dulac calls decision to play Kenny Pickett shameful....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 23, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I disagree. If the Steelers weren’t in the market for a QB KP most likely lasts to end of 2nd Early 3rd round which is where he should have gone. If all these teams had this first round grade on him why didn’t anyone else draft him? Obviously we will never know for sure.

The bottom line is KP is not a first rd QB talent and if you watch him play and think differently I’m really not sure what to tell you.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If you don't think that between the Texans, Falcons, Commanders, and Seahawks...all of which had been rumored to be interested in KP and picking ahead of the Steelers...one of them would've picked him in round 2, I'm really not sure what to tell you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Is that you Kenny?

If not someone has a serious man crush.

4. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Excellent, well thought out retort. Great use of logic and reasoning.

Notice the profile pic change, just so I can criticize.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021

Thanks for changing the avatar it was ridiculous. Clearly we will never know when or where he would have been drafted had the Steelers not reached. Run along now Bobby.

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    First you say that he lasts until the end of the second round, early third without any logical evidence to support it.

I give you four logic examples of why he would've gone early to mid second.

You counter with your next reply.

You've completely contradicted yourself. Somehow Im sure that you won't see it though. You're too thick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, says the guy whose screen name is literally professing his love and man crush for Dionte Johnson.

I can change the avatar...but you've built identity around your love for a man who doesn't know you and who couldn't careless about you. It's both creepy and gay at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    not sure what is so difficult to understand here? I am saying he would have lasted late second early third which obviously I can’t prove. You are saying he would have been drafted early second which obviously you can’t prove. Here’s the thing I like KP and hope he figures it out but it doesn’t change my opinion that we reached.

9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Says the guy searching google all day and starring at Kenny Pickett pictures.

Dionte sucks. I would change my handle but BobbyBiz and TomlinSux were already taken.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I give an opinion based on 4 logical reasons why he wouldn't. You give you opinion based on......your gut feeling.
    That's the difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Because you think 4 teams had some type of tie to KP that’s your unquestioned proof? :roflmao:

12. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Playing Pickett your #1 draft pick pro ready QB was far from shameful...

Letting the OL go to **** is shameful.

Giving the OC job to a D-3 level mind at best is shameful.

Not recognizing the decline of the HC is shameful.

Viewing average seasons and no playoff wins as successful and championship caliber football is shameful.

Not recognizing you have zero ILB on your roster is shameful.

Having a HC that just stands there on the sidelines thinking what his next cool quote will be is shameful.

But playing Pickett, far from it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  14. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    This all started when MT hired Canada. Players aren’t buying into the system. DJ has regressed in production severely. You extended a guy for 18mil a year to get 2 targets in a game and the OC is still employed? This team is a failure from the top down.

Here’s one nugget. The players always change, the position coaches have changed and the same results keep happening. Yet there’s 1 coach that hasn’t changed. You figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
  16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Who knows. But that's all the more reason to suspect that they'd draft him in round 2. And THAT'S the point that isn't sinking into your head.
    "We like him, but not enough to take him EARLY in round 1. But if he's there EARLY in round 2, then yes"
    Similar logic as to why the Steelers didn't trade up to get him. They liked him at 20, but not in the top 10.

Sometimes you're forced to "reach" if a guy that you really like isn't going to be there the next time you pick w/o trading up. It's part of the whole chess match that's the NFL draft. IDK why you don't get that. It's not hard to understand.
    By your logic, ANYONE that the Steelers pick is a reach because every team in front of them passed on that player.
    Sometimes you have to draft a player higher than you have him rated if you really want him. Otherwise you have to spend other players or draft capital to move up, or miss out altogether.
    It's like buying a house in the current market (or the one that just passed)...sometime you have to overpay to get what you want.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Fair enough and he may not have lasted until the Steelers next pick that’s reasonable. He’s still not a first rd talent.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    pickett year 1.
    harris year 2
    warren year 1
    friermuth year 2
    moore year 2
    dotson year 3 and missed most of year 2 injured.
    cole year 1 with this team
    daniels year 1 with this team
    okrafor year 3 starting
    DJ year 4
    pickens year 1
    claypool year 3 and traded
    hassenauer year 3

did we really expect a playoff contender with this unit this year? that is a young offense. this was never going to come off as a well oiled machine. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Agree with most here…we weren’t going anywhere with Mitch…Pickett isn’t why we’re losing. We’re losing because we’re an overall bad football team and a young football team on offense, generally speaking.

I wasn’t a fan of starting Pickett when we did. I think you coulda pulled Mitch in the jets game and kept starting him after. I'm not sure what the internal team dynamics were that may have forced Pickett into the QB 1 position.

My position was always start Pickett after the bye if the team is floundering or even slightly below average with little hope of the playoffs. Would've Given him time to develop a little, use the bye to transition and have plenty of time for game plan prep. And you're not tossing him in during the hardest part of the schedule with sub-optimal talent around him.

We are where we are...now the only hope for the next 2-3 seasons is that Pickett develops, regardless of how his career has started. The one concern that I have above all, is that the Org. hasn't hired a QB guru with the sole task ( and track record) of developing him. They should be overpaying their OC right now with this single task in mind...make Kenny elite. Regardless if Canada is a NFL caliber OC...he has no track record of developing QBs at any level. This to me is more egregious than his play calling and can have longer term ramifications.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Kenny is not 1st round QB talent, unlike the pre-draft touted Zach Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and blah-blah-blah. There are so many I could list. Unless the top three QB 2023 draft turn out like the 2004 draft, I expect more highly touted pre-draft QBs to not meet their expectations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You can tell me that I'm right there with the many, many experts who disagreed with you going into the draft, while you seem to have an odd hate-on for the guy.

Your argument makes no sense. Just because a player lasts until the 20th pick doesn't mean he will last another round. Why didn't anybody draft Aaron Rodgers in the top 10? He was taken with the No. 24 selection in 2005. By your logic, the Packers should have waited longer. Everyone from picks two through 23 passed on him, so by your logic, he should have fallen another round or two.

I've seen plenty of quarterbacks who didn't look like they should have been first-round picks as rookies. Hell, I heard some of that talk about Josh Allen as a rookie, too. In his case, it was the awful mechanics he had coming to the pros, which can be even tougher to fix than what is troubling Pickett. He needs to see the field better. That is something that is going to take a little time at the pro level. But hey, he doesn't have Josh Allen's arm and you have no patience, so you think it is time to move on after seven games. That's where people like you get lost. The physical tools don't overwhelm you, so you ignorantly prattle on about his lack of ability.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your post fails from the first sentence. Quarterback is one of the toughest positions in all of sports to evaluate, yet half this board is convinced they can do it after watching a guy for seven games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Except that he is and you repeating your unsupported claim to the contrary doesn't suddenly make it true.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I have never once said to move on from him after 7 games more made up diatribe from you. I said he wasn’t a first rd talent. He’s not. The Steelers forced a pick because they didn’t properly address a QB plan years prior and he’s a local Pitt guy. It’s not impossible for him to improve and become decent over the next couple years. Although with this coaching staff it will be a big challenge for the young man.

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I believe that’s the “Scary Mary” logic syllogism.

• Like Like x 1