1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines AND Deebo

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 22, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He has a bone up his @ss for Harrison.

Without Harrison their is not at #6 Lombardi

I'm sure he would give that up just to appease himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Actually, these are two of my MOST favorite of all time. The only jersey I own is that of Hines Ward. If I played football, it would be as a wide receiver. I have always viewed the game through their eyes. Hines Ward was a football player who just happened to play wide receiver. Harrison did make the most impressive defensive play in super bowl history. However, he was phenomenally strong. He set the edge better than any other linebacker I can recall. Cograts to the two of them. If I could put together a dream team, they would be two of the twenty-four starters along with a punter and kicker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Are you implying he was sent as a spy or something? He was needed. He helped them win playoff games. They might not make the Super Bowl without him.

He was cut off from the franchise for a long time. Woodson jumps around to whoever. Steelers owned the Ravens when he got inducted so he choose the Steelers.

That’s an issue too. I’ve said that proves his rash decision making. He couldn’t sit down and think maybe I shouldn’t ruin my legacy with the Steelers for 4 games. Despite this and joining the Bengals. He still could’ve retired a Steelers legend. Probably had a coaching gig. But he made like 4 more crucial mistakes. Instead he’s on instagram posting working out videos in his Pats colored workout merch.

5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I did say under certain circumstances. Harrison went to the Bengals and got paid and still welcomed back.

The big difference is Franco didn’t force his way out and get in the ear of other players and try to get them to leave too.

Also, Franco is Pittsburgh everything in retirement. James Harrison is still posting workout videos in Patriots colors. He can’t be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why should he care about a coaching job with the Steelers? Maybe he doesn't want to coach.

His legacy isn't ruined. He has one of the most iconic plays in Super Bowl history. He was DPOY that year. His play on the field is a lot more memorable than the crap he pulled on the way out the door. Yes, he was wrong. Yes, he was locker room poison. Yes, the team was stupid to give him his wish and cut him. Instead, they should have been playing him. None of that changes what he did as a player.

He was always a bad guy. He was in trouble for violent behavior even before he was a Steeler. He assaulted his girlfriend, who was also the mother of his child. He got away with it because the team stood by him and because he managed to convince her not to press charges. Every Steeler fan should have known that, so to make such a big deal out of his exit without even bothering to mention domestic assault is odd.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why are you watching sweaty men work out on Instagram?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think both are HOF...but both may take a little while.

Hines...still my favorite offensive player. Not huge numbers compared to to other HOF WR....but also played on a run heavy and D oriented team. Also, his QBs were pretty much garbage his entire career until he got Ben late. And then he was in the twilight of his career.

Deebo...What hurts him is he really had only a 3 (maybe a 4year) period where he was truly dominant (he fell of pretty quick). And only had 84.5 sacks for his career. Justin Smith...the old Bengals DE is ahead of him in career sacks. What does help him is you can't talk about that era of defense without him, he has a DPOY award...and one of the best plays in super bowl history.

• Like Like x 1
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    C'mon, think back to all the times you got fired from that fast food place or Walmart. Didn't you walk out telling your co-workers that management sucked and nobody should work there?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To do what, exactly?

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I know, I just like the image. The despair in Franco's eyes. (nothing against Franco)

JH's actions are no better or worse than anything this entire league has done and continues to do. They're all guilty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't blame him. At the time, Seattle was garbage!

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't. I just like some of the Franco seahawk images. In most of them he has that 'far-away-look' in his eye.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ward played eight seasons with Roethlisberger. It wasn't just the twilight of his career.

The thing people need to remember about Harrison is that he was a complete player, not just a pass rusher. He was dominant against the run and he could drop in coverage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Harrison should be in before Hines ward.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I really don't see that happening so long as Roger Gooddell is the Commissioner even though he doesn't really vote on it he still has an influence on the outcome. If I could only have one of them on my team give me Hines Ward all day every day. We were lucky to have them both on this team during the same era.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hard to go wrong either way but could you imagine having TJ and an 'in his prime' Deebo on our defense right now? That would get some of the fear back in playing us. Hines is a great player but right now our defense needs Deebo more than our Offense needs Hines. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure how you came up with me implying anyone was a spy. My point was without Harrisons SB P6, there would be a very good chance we'd be at 5 rings vs 6 and NE would have more. Doesn't matter at this point. JMO>

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    harrison did more. His dpoy alone triumphs anything Hines did. Harrison for at least a yr was arguably the best at his position. Hines was lucky to be considered top 5 at his position for most of his career.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Apple, meet orange!

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So when judging who goes into the hog. They separate defensive and offensive players? They all aren’t judged based on their careers equivalently?

23. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

You’re right. I shoulda said coming out of his prime. It seems like he played with Ben for a shorter time than that for some reason.

I agree Harrison was a complete OLB. But I Think HOF is more skewed by sack numbers especially for an OLB. I actually think his completeness hurts him in his HOF candidacy a little. I think he should get in. I’d vote him in.

• Like Like x 1
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They better not. Harrison caught a few less passes than Jerry Rice, who doesn't have nearly as many sacks as James!

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Apple meet a wannabe analyst

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1