1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Matt Canada is…..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Nov 20, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s not that

Some of us old technology folks live in rural areas where the internet is so slow you can’t stream

Satellite is my only choice

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless you live in a rural area

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll that stinks. I’d imagine there will be a way to get the games or at least internet to support streaming.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Fortunately I get all the games on satellite dish

I can not get hockey or baseball

My internet is over a phone line and very slow dsl

5. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    that is true. At the risk of going down a political track, I firmly believe the government should invest in internet/communications infrastructure- it’s good for the nation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Matt needs to be extradited back to his homeland!

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ugh. That would suck. I haven't been able to get Sunday Ticket for years because DirecTV's streaming isn't available here and I can't have a dish (long story).

I guess I'll be paying for yet another streaming service if that happens. I had GamePass, which was switched over to NFL+ this year, but I'd be much happier paying more to watch the games live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i did not see that Apple has that, i will have to research that. Hate Sunday Ticket, would love Pay Per View.....

• Like Like x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And yet.... I never have problems watching the game no glitch, no behind other viewers, no sound problems....nothing.....Yet every week during the streaming of Thursday night games people are b!+ching about one , or more of these things. Just because it's newer doesn't make it better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    New things are scary for some people

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Direct TV said they were trying for pay per view for individual teams.:shrug:

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. If You can just turn the game on with no problems.....new , or not....why would you want something that is constantly having problems???? Just because it's new...:shrug:
    That make no sense.
    There are a bunch of new things in the world that are awesome, but there are a bunch of new things that aren't. I prefer to stick to the things that actually work with no problem, and if You say You never have a problem with it....I believe you would be one of the few....

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably the same thing I've done over the last 5 years or so. Slowly lose some of the passion I have for the team. It's not an intentional choice, it just seems to be happening. I've been very frustrated with this team due to Tomlin. In my eyes he is what's wrong with this team, and there's no sign of that changing anytime soon. I've noticed that I miss a lot more games than I used to. I don't buy Steelers memorabilia anymore. I don't participate much on the game day thread much anymore. Some of the passion is gone. I feel like we were always one of the best run teams in the league, and I simply don't see it anymore. This team can't seem to get out of its own way these days. Too scared to make the changes needed. It's killing my passion for the team, it really is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    That's what people said about the first iphone: my phone works perfectly, why do i want a smart one?

Streaming has lots of positives over satellite service:

- I can go out to restaurants with family and then ignore them while streaming the game on my phone
    - I can take my kids to their weekend sport games and watch the steeler game with other parents
    - Sit on the porch on Sunday afternoon and smoke a cigar while watching games
    - Hit the dumper and not miss a play
    - Each family member can watch different games

In time, they can add overlays and stats and tons of other features directly onto the feed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I like Sunday ticket just fine and would prefer that. Point I'm making is that change is coming. Better embrace it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    When they get it without any problem....then I will get it...not until. Just like every year a new video game system came out....I'd let the .....OH I gotta have it now..buy it right away crowd get theirs, and then when they were on their 3rd one, and all the glitches were taken care of ,and the price dropped....then I would buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I have not read all the replies but it should be fun.

To answer the OP I'll follow the Steelers and root for the best as I've done for many many moons.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Great memory of Norfolk, VA 1976 (at least I think I was there)

19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    If he is here next season I'd assume the $$$$$$$ is the reason and I'd fear the Steelers will turn into the Pirates. (I doubt that would ever happen)

20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You got that right. Where I live 90% of the time I got the Steelers year after year. This season I had game 1 and obviously the Eagle game (I was there anyhow) but that is it. Hate hate hate night football but am actually excited we have a MNF game just so I can see them.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m still having trouble with the new millennium

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A coworker asked if there were parts of my life I can’t remember

I said the 70’s

He looked at me in disgust and said he meant something smaller

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    In the spring I will look forward to the draft and shortly afterward be excited about the 6 or 7 future hall of famers we just drafted.

Then training camp comes and the second round reach from Maryland gets cut in week three and my hopes start to sink.

Season starts and we beat a good team then lose 4 of the next 5 . Two promising rookies never see the field but get snatched off our practice squad and start elsewhere.

Confidence waning but still live n die with every win n loss.

Another mediocre season and I look forward to the next draft.

Someone please fix this I am getting nauseous on the merry-go-round of mediocracy.

• Like Like x 2
  24. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    dude, u just captured my life story! It’s sad but true

25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS WITH YOU GUYS AND THIS NEW FANGLED STRAMING?! DAGNABIT, GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!!!!

• Like Like x 1