1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would like to see

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Woodson two-six, Nov 5, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    $10 says that people will unfairly direct 100% of the blame to Bryce Young. Meanwhile, people will also dismiss the lack of performance by every Alabama Receiver sans Ja'Corey Brooks. Overall though, thought this game could have gone either way earlier this year whenever I saw the schedules a while back.

One thing is for certain, Steelers scouts were in attendance! Will Anderson Jr continues his assault towards being a good candidate for the First Overall Pick.... even though it is possible Bryce Young has likely locked that one up. Regardless, getting Will Anderson Jr would yield immediate and massive dividends. It will also serve as a great contingency plan should Alex Highsmith ball out in 2023 and jettison out of here in 2024; T.J's health in obtaining five injuries within the past two seasons something else to monitor as well.

Again @Blast Furnace, @KnoxVegasSteel, @SteelersFanIrl and even @HeinzMustard.....

Will Anderson Jr in a Steelers Uni??

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He and TJ would make a formidable duo but if they end up with a pick high enough to select him I think I’d prefer they trade back for additional draft resources. Not too far, but far enough to make it worthwhile.

I believe their first selection in 2023 need to be one of LT, CB or DT. Taking a OLB like Anderson is probably a luxury they can’t afford with all the holes they have.

It would be awesome though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would pass on any college coach to come in an OC the Steelers.

Enough foolishness. We need an established veteran NFL OC. Somebody with a track record of working with young quarterbacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes a safe pair of hands is needed once Canada is gone. It is really disappointing how they have skimped on coaching up to now with such a young group on the offensive side of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    A lot of fans were disappointed today. Illinois loss to a depleted MSU team at home that were at minimum lacking depth. Cant even blame the weather since both teams had to play in it. Everybody knows the East side is better than the West side in the Big Ten, but there's a significant glaring gap here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    oh heck no. I was just having some fun

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    More accurately, its The OSU. Cam makes a point on this when tv intro's players at the start of a game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The mighty Liberty U from Lynchburg VA. This school has evolved big time over the past 10-15 years. Probably the best team in Virginia right now. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Would love to see it! Just not sure we'll pick high enough to nab Anderson Jr. Maybe not a popular opinion but I'm really not sold on Bryce Young. Obviously a great college QB and I'm not throwing shade on him but not so sure about in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I'd like to give the new GM time and see what players he gets Tomlin and what Tomlin does with them before I get on the replace the coach train.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm embarrassed to say....
    Liberty. LoL
    All I can do is laugh.....So I don't cry.:shrug:
    Also We should have went into overtime, but got screwed by the refs on a 2 point conversion. It was in...., but We shouldn't have needed overtime in the 1st place.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

You think Heupel would leave his college HC job, just to become an OC in the NFL :rolleyes:?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't think He realizes that a College HC make more than a OC in the NFL....I believe that's why.

• Like Like x 2
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Agreed. Pulling down $5M and likely looking at another raise after the season. Not to mention the fact that Heupels offense doesn't work in the NFL. We saw that last night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Some moves aren't based completely on money! Do you guys realize how many current head coaches in the league took jobs (QC, position coaches, etc) just to get NFL experience? An OC/DC job is a coveted position for many collegiate coaches, including some head coaches.

BTW, last I checked, University of Georgia is not an NFL team! What did we see last night? That Georgia probably has the most talented overall football team in college football? Ok. So are you saying that Heupel would bring in his talent at Tennessee to the NFL? Apples and oranges my friend.

Heupel is an offensive mind, that is also a very talented QB coach. Like any other football coach, he has the potential to succeed at any level. Will he? We would have to see.

My initial post, was basically saying.... I prefer a whole new staff, including the HC. However.....if the Steelers were to bring in a great offensive mind (my example was JH- instead of recycled NFL OCs) and give him a shot, I would be happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    So you're saying that Tomlin was at the mercy of the old GM with his personnel, playcalling, coaches he hired, etc?

17. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    A quality coach, is a quality coach man. The problem with most of the quality guys in the NFL is that they are being held onto tight by their teams. The rest are mainly recycled, fired coaches.

18. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    You do realize that there are many coaches at the collegiate level that have NFL experience and are outstanding coaches right?

19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Save your breath. GA has better D than most NFL teams. Heupel's O scheme is fast pace, no huddle, quick to the line, wide splits, keeping the QB clean because the ball gets out so quick. When you have a stiff secondary like we saw last night, the WRs don't get as open, the OL can't protect that long and the QB gets hammered. Heupels offensive philosophy doesn't work in the NFL. Maybe he could adapt but if you watch where he's been as a coach, it's been pretty much the same thing.

We've seen way too many NCAA HC's fail miserably in the NFL. Heupels in his element now and I would be very surprised if he left college ball for the league. I guess it could happen but doubtful IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    This is incredibly ignorant! You think that Georgia has, "better D than most NFL teams"! That is hilarious!! I would guarantee you that is not even close to true. There are scout team/practice defenses that are better than Georgia's. The NFL is men, who do this for a living and have been receiving some of the highest level coaching for several years. It's elite of the elite!

Coaches adjust schemes, techniques, based on personnel and their opponent. Georgia had better players! Period!!

"Wide splits" lol. Copying what they said on TV. "Splits" can refer to Offensive Line splits and Receiver splits (how far they are away from the end man on the LOS). Every team in the NFL changes both of these based on getting looks from different defenses. Wider receiver splits often show a run look but could also be creating space for slants and other underneath routes. OL splits change based on running (mainly- inside/outside) and passing plays! Generally you have wider splits to run between the tackles. Shorter splits when running outside. Always depends on you opponent. These and tempo are changeable and every team in the NFL varies these all of the time!

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Thee Oklahoma State University

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Woodson two-six

Nov 3, 2019
    You ever heard of Jeff Tedford?

23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Well I don't think Heupel will be unemployed anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Justin Timberlake ****e right here.lol

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That's not what I said. Re-read what I wrote and get back to me.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1