1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It doesn't take long to get the team back on track

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    People can post anywhere they want... Don't read it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And Weidl probably knows him well.

Cam Sutton is also a free agent. He wants to test the waters after the season. He has been one of the only home grown success stories of late and we are about to lose him possibly.

Hopefully William Jackson III can come in and contribute. He is signed until 2024. They wanted him on draft day but he was taken and they landed Arti Burns :facepalm:

The issue to me is its a fact they have a low bar of success drafting corners. They got Sutton in the 3rd round. I believe they need trenches first on both lines first. Left Tackle, Defensive End then a possible corner to round out the first 3 picks. Third round I would like to see an OLBer that can come in a spell both Watt and Highsmith and if called upon can play above the line. Then 2 7's woo woo.

If they get a better draft position in the 1 to 10 range they could trade down and acquire more picks.

Plus Bush and Edmonds will be UFA. So ILBer and Safety are in play.

I feel its not a one year fix.

Oh, and fire Canada the second the last game against the clowns is in the books.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What makes you think they will take the sick corner? You trust them to do that or are they going to take Artie Burns.

We have one first rd pick as of right now, I want it spent on a lineman.

• Like Like x 3
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Title should be: It doesn't take long for SOME TEAMS to get back on track. I'm just hoping the Steelers are one of them. Look around the league and you'll find a lot of teams who seem to be taking a long time to get back on track.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I didn't mean they're only good because of front office decisions, my point was that's a big part of it, but you're too dumb to figure that part out :rolleyes:.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Taking up for your BF KnoxVegas :rolleyes:

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They should've tried to sign Sutton to an extension this past offseason, knowing they don't have much else at the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read here in a while.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As I have stated before about Weidl, he does come from an Org. that believes heavily in building in the trenches. Given how the trade deadline just saw how much both Kahn and Weidl have their imprint on the future building of the team, I believe it is best to say that there should be a good degree of optimism here. That all said, this will not be known for certain until 2024 at the earliest. Way, way too early to tell right now but the aggression that has been shown by Weidl is encouraging.

As for positions?! Refer to my first sentence in my previous statement; build the trenches DAMN IT. No seriously... add more muscle. Never mind just Kenny and Najee but all parties involved on the Offense will benefit from it. Borderick Jones Jr and Pairs Johnson Jr. are the top two... to most. For me, it is between Peter Skornoski and Broderick Jones Jr. Defensively?! Jalen Carter or Brian Bresee still remain my two favorite options. Carter though for me is more appealing due to his versatility in a number of spots; something the Steelers have had early positive success with DeMarvin Leal. Carter cranks that up to 11. If not him, Bresee works as well though I would check that medical history for certain.

Wild Card for me still remains Myles Murphy.

11. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We don’t have to worry about turning anything around right now. Suck test of year and get some more high level talent at key spots. O line. Qb maybe , linebacker for bush. Corner to name a few

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Through posts I didn't realize that Sutton was going to be a UFA till you mentioned it.

Hate to lose another home grown talent so maybe they will be looking to make an offer. He is our #1 but I believe he is a solid #2. Someone will pay more then the Steelers which puts them back again behind the 8 ball with corners.

• Like Like x 1
  13. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    No, this is.

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Steelers have plenty of cap room. The only reason they’d lose Sutton is if they choose to move on or if another team makes him a crazy offer like what happened with Jessie James when he went to Detroit

Sutton shouldn’t be that expensive, three years $20m or something like that should get it done.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think people may be taking a quite optimistic view in terms of Weidl coming in and fixing the trenches, as if he has some insight that has been missing in Pittsburgh, most of Phillys best linemen were already in the building before he started there, and others were added at considerable cost in free agency.

They did find an absolute gem in Jordan Mailata in the 2018 draft but by all accounts he was also on the Steelers board and they were going to take him shortly after Philly selected him.

The problem in Pittsburgh has been prioritising other less important positions over the trenches. David Decastro was the last offensive lineman they took in the first round!

Not knocking Weidl at all, just highlighting that he cannot be expected to deliver miracles. The reason our OLine is crap is because the team simply has not invested there over the past decade. If that philosophy doesn’t change it won’t matter who is in the front office.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Do you think the Steelers can be competitive again by next year?

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Absomuthafknlutley
    : Cliff Burton

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How do I know it’s a stupid post until I read it

Like the one I’m responding to

Or should I just assume based on the poster

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Why Do

You Respond

To Everything

Like This

20. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Right. Got to wonder what this Staff does to develop their talent.

It so irritates me that they hire their family members to work on Staff. For instance, Colbert hiring his child to the sc
    Incase you missed it, the new GM promoted the old GMs kid to Senior Scout. Drafting CBs clearly isn’t their strong suit.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Boy that's really rich coming from the dumbass hiding underneath tomlins ballsack. Get a life.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually I don’t

Your post would have all been one sentence

But thank you for reading

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    He doesn’t know where the period key is, so he has to separate sentences with line breaks.

That Colonial era education system failed him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    and one or two HIGH impact FA signings. The Steelers way was to keep their own. I see almost no one I would want extended or kept. Jettison the weak links (four or five of them) and use FA to fix at least two positions prior to the draft.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I'd be beyond giddy at having a real HC that can hire competent OC/DCs.

• Like Like x 1